Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Louisville Regionals @ Something 2 Do Games 6-28-14

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

BeldVanGuard

BeldVanGuard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Myself and Matt are coming 90% sure now. Maybe have 1-2 other OH guys coming with us. Won't know till last minute tho 

• cparadis and kamacausey like this

cparadis

cparadis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Any new players to report that will be coming? Also, Charles, to drum up some interest, do you care to report what you will be giving prizes for and what the prizes will be?

I wasn't posting prizes as I wanted to encourage people to play what they wanted. I was afraid posting prizes might encourage people to start gunning for prizes, which was kind of counter to my intent. I do feel safe posting the farthest distance traveled prize as you really can't game that. You live where you live and you either come or you don't. For the farthest distance traveled, the prize is a copy of Eldritch Horror.

The rest of the prizes are not of that value, but that should give people an idea of the type of thing I'm thinking of. They are all Cthulhu themed, and at least to my mind, there is usually a connection between the prize and the category. For instance, Eldritch Horror is a game that involves traveling around the world, hence it is the prize for farthest travel.

I guess I could post the prize for last place as well, since again, I don't really think anyone would try to game that. Last place is the bag of Cthulhu from FFG (not all the prizes are FFG prizes).
  • Yipe and kamacausey like this

kamacausey

kamacausey

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts
I get what you're trying to accomplish, I just thought that maybe if people knew what the extra prizes were going to be it would give them even more reason to want to come and compete for them. I like surprises though. I'm sure people will appreciate all that you're doing. I sure do!
  • cparadis likes this

harbinger

harbinger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I was considering coming down, but since I won the Dayton Regional, I think I will have to pass.

Unnamable

Unnamable

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Yeah, I made that initial push against you but then you had all the answers and I had nothin'! Even though I felt I was as prepared for Y-Train as I could be I'm still glad I never faced it. After our 4th round game we got a chance to see it go off on an M.U. Rush player and even though everyone there had a chuckle about it the result was a low point.  :rolleyes: As much as I dislike errata your idea of changing Interstellar Migration to be removed from game when it's triggered sounds good to me along with restricting Lost Oracle!

I was considering coming down, but since I won the Dayton Regional, I think I will have to pass.

harbinger

harbinger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
It wasn't my idea, but it might be worth considering.

harbinger

harbinger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
After all, if a Yithian deck gets off 3 Interstellar Migrations, you're probably done. Often times, 2 is sufficient

BeldVanGuard

BeldVanGuard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

I think Scott was the one with all the Yithian restriction / errata ideas. 

The Yith Mill Combo sadly hit Matt running his boardwipe / reset deck. The Misk rush deck crushed it pretty quick (AJ running that one)

Was a fun time, even if my deck did turn on me and I got fed to the bane of my existence (That would be Unnamable's deck, months of nightmares over that thing heh)

Harbinger, sorry to hear ya won't be there, I was looking forward to seeing the new deck in action, we shall attempt to take some wins back for OH for ya heh

It sounds like AJ and Tut will be able to come with Matt and I, will let ya guys know soon as it's 100%

kamacausey

kamacausey

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Jim, come to the louisville regional and extend your dominance. We would love to have you and your buddies come out and help boost our attendance past the deep ones from Portland. Yipe and I have a friendly competition going on at the moment. They had 16 and we are trying to outdo them. Plus it would be great to game with you guys! Out of all the Cthulhu tournaments at gencon you and I have never played against one another. It is time :-)

P.S. How giddy are you now that the descendant is off the restricted list!? ;-)

BeldVanGuard

BeldVanGuard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

P.S. How giddy are you now that the descendant is off the restricted list!? ;-)

I know he was using him, and from what I heard to great effect, so I'd imagine he's happy. Now if they'd just reprint the pack already!

AceRimmer

AceRimmer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Yes! The Descendant was very effective, but I was against the ropes anyway.

cparadis

cparadis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Also, if people need a place to stay either/both nights, that can easily be arranged.

cparadis

cparadis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Looks like I will be live streaming matches during the regional. People who are unable to come can at least watch us on the internet and think "If I was there I would crush that deck." I'll post the link to the stream on Saturday once I get it set up. Should go live a little before 4. But please be patient as this is the first time I have done so. 

• Greynomad38, kaine82 and kamacausey like this

kamacausey

kamacausey

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Alright gents! One more day! Is everyone ready? What was the final headcount? Does anyone know how many from Louisville that will for sure be there?

BeldVanGuard

BeldVanGuard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Me, Matt, AJ and Tut all coming from OH. Road trip son! 

Obviously we wont be able to stay late, but OH coming in Force heh

• kamacausey likes this

Greynomad38

Greynomad38

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

For sure, Louisville should be offering about 7-8 sacrifices to the Old Ones.  Unfortunately, we took a few hits.  One person went on vacation and then a couple that plays decided to break up a day before the event and are unlikely to patch things up before then.

Greynomad38

Greynomad38

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Oh, forgot we have one from Lexington coming in.  Counting him, 8-9.

kamacausey

kamacausey

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Hellz yea! If everything holds true we will have ourselves quite a shindig tomorrow! Looks like we may even beat the Portland deep ones! People, don't forget your tournament legal story decks. We had an issue with that a couple tournaments back. I'll muster up all the story decks I can.

Yipe

Yipe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

I wish you guys the best of luck, and a great day of Cthulhu competition.  Remember, 17 is the lucky number!

• kamacausey likes this

cparadis

cparadis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Having some streaming issues. We will at least be recording and posting the matches. If we get the stream working, we'll post a link here.