Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[SW Deck] Might of the Empire

Imperial Navy Aggro Theme

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

yankeefan1355

yankeefan1355

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1225 posts

I agree with Majestaat's recommendation about Executor.  Feel free to experiment with the set, of course, just keep in mind that it's main use is as a Sith resource support pod, primarily to get out Palpy or Vader with the Sith Holocron and the two resources generated from the objective.  Executor, usually ends up in an edge battle (3 pips) because of Majestaat's points.  When I first started SW it was at the end of the Hoth cycle and I was excited to see an Executor set coming out thinking it would be a super cool big ship to add to a Capital Ship deck, but alas it was not what I was hoping for and it rarely hits the board.  Also, without the Sith Holocron, the cost in discarded cards and/or damage on Deploy the Fleet isn't worth the return you're getting.  As Majestaat pointed out, it's still edge dependant. 

I'm going to run your deck today on OCTGN with a few mods (add Repair & Refurbish) but with 2x Ultimate power.  I really would love to just blow up Along the Gamor Run or MTFBWY. :ph34r:

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Conquest Rules Arbitrator

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3289 posts

I'm going to run your deck today on OCTGN with a few mods (add Repair & Refurbish) but with 2x Ultimate power.  I really would love to just blow up Along the Gamor Run or MTFBWY. :ph34r:

I tried a deck like that before Regionals, couldn't seem to get it to work against the Jedi sadly. A first turn Super Laser Blast is effective but leaves you with nothing. Course hasn't stopped my buddy from doing it to me a few times on his turn 1, funny yes, effective not so much. 

yankeefan1355

yankeefan1355

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1225 posts

Yeah, I know it doesn't run well against the new Jedi Gamor and Jedi Mono builds.  I just want to run it for fun.  Give myself a happy feeling inside to see the some Jedi objective blown up. :D

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Conquest Rules Arbitrator

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3289 posts

Yeah, I know it doesn't run well against the new Jedi Gamor and Jedi Mono builds.  I just want to run it for fun.  Give myself a happy feeling inside to see the some Jedi objective blown up. :D

It's very satisfying using on Gamor Run. 

GoblynByte

GoblynByte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

When I first started SW it was at the end of the Hoth cycle and I was excited to see an Executor set coming out thinking it would be a super cool big ship to add to a Capital Ship deck, but alas it was not what I was hoping for and it rarely hits the board. 

Yeah, that's where I'm at. Sounds like its a bit of a let down, though. Perhaps on top of the effort of getting it in despite resource match it really isn't worth it.

GoblynByte

GoblynByte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

I would LOVE to hear how it goes. Any success I have with any given deck is in somewhat controlled circumstances. I'd like to see how it does in more a more real-world environment. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Imperial Navy, Aggro, Theme