Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Official FFG Rules Responses

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

PBrennan

PBrennan

Conquest Rules Arbitrator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Here are a list of official FFG responses provided to date. Please add any more you've asked and received.

All other posts will be hidden though. 

If you wish to discuss a ruling, please start a new thread in the general forum.

If you wish to clarify a ruling, please start a new thread in the rules forum.

• mischraum likes this

PBrennan

PBrennan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Question

Hi, the new rules video is confusing me... everyone in the forums is telling me it has a error in it.. would you please confirm this for me?

In the Combat video (5) around 6:85 there is a battle at a non-1st planet. The space marine kills the other unit and then is sent directly back to the HQ untapped.

Here are some comments on CardGameDB

Destragon: "Take a look at around 7:40 in video 5. Sicarius is alone at the planet, shouldn't he ready before going back to HQ? According to the rules, the battle ends at the beginning of a combat turn. Sicarius is exhausted so he can't take a combat turn, which means the combat round ends and everyone readies again."

Tragic: "Well, I suck at rules until I play the game a million times.. but doesn't the fact there are no units on the other side end the battle instantly, as in before the combat round resets. So he is sent back to HQ before any refresh as no "new" combat round starts and the "current" combat round ends prematurely? "

Toqtamish: "No a unit must be ready and starting it's combat turn before a battle can be declared won. If another SM unit had been present and ready the battle would have ended before the combat round did and Sicarius would still have been exhausted when returning to his HQ."

Answer

The posts that you linked on the forum (not Tragic's) are correct that you only win a planet when you would attack with a unit but your opponent does not have any units at the planet. However we consciously made the decision to remove this element from the video as it is a very advanced game concept that will not matter for a player just learning the game. These videos are intended for a new player to watch and get going with the game and should be thought of as an extension of the Learn to Play guide included with the game.

• playingtowin likes this

PBrennan

PBrennan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Question
Do events played during the "Deployment Phase" take up your "turn" in the deployment rounds? Like I deploy, you deploy, I deploy, you deploy... if I did a event would it switch to you for a chance to deploy?

Answer
Events take up your deployment turn when they have a bold “Action” on them (a card like “Snotling Attack”.). However other events with “Reaction” or “Interrupt” can be played and not take up your deployment turn as long as their triggering conditions are met (a card like “Bigga is Betta”).

• mischraum and playingtowin like this

PBrennan

PBrennan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Question

I have my warlord and one unit at the first planet, so does my opponent. He has initiative and strikes first, then I'll strike, then he'll strike, then I'll complete a strike. At this point (when all units are exhausted) am I still able to ambush in a unit and strike with them before the conflict round ends?

Answer

Yes you may ambush in a unit after the last unit exhausts to attack. If you take a look at page 22 of the rules reference guide, you can see that there is an action window before and after any unit attacks. You can play your ambush unit during that window.

• mischraum and playingtowin like this

Aeneas

Aeneas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Question

Does Ragnar Blackmane benefit from the support "Ragnar's Warcamp"?

Answer

Yes Ragnar reaps all the benefits of his war camp.