Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Podcast - Ion Control

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts
What set did you get to spoil chunkygorillas?

chunkygorillas

chunkygorillas

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts

What set did you get to spoil chunkygorillas?

We got the rebel one, with the "Grey Squadron Y-Wing"
SWC17_cardfan_01.png

• Wrath87, pantsyg and TheNameWasTaken like this

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Awesome, thats the one i want to see most!  My bet is that we get Horton Salm as a pilot.  Also, Shien training better not be a built in light saber deflection......

Anyways, can't wait to see them!

• chunkygorillas likes this

TGO

TGO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2588 posts
I can't wait to see the jedi set.

pantsyg

pantsyg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2690 posts

We got the rebel one, with the "Grey Squadron Y-Wing"
SWC17_cardfan_01.png

Hope the Rebel set is good, 3 cost for 2 health on the Y-wings has me a little concerned.

chunkygorillas

chunkygorillas

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts

We finally got a new episode done!
Episode 9

"In this episode we nerd out over all the news that came out of Star Wars Celebration, talk about some of the new cards, discuss our opinions of the viability of Pilot cards and Jonathan goes over his store champs winning decks."

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts
Hey chunky and aussiejedi, I like to play on octgn with Skype as well, so I'm always up for some games. I'm almost always on around 11:30 pm to 4am. I might be on tonight in a bit though as I've been on vacation the last 6 days.

chunkygorillas

chunkygorillas

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Hey chunky and aussiejedi, I like to play on octgn with Skype as well, so I'm always up for some games. I'm almost always on around 11:30 pm to 4am. I might be on tonight in a bit though as I've been on vacation the last 6 days.

Sounds good! I should be able to make it on tomorrow at that time, I'll shoot you a PM tomorrow with my Skype stuff tomorrow.

• BobaFett likes this

chunkygorillas

chunkygorillas

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts

I have been kind of forgetting to post here... but I remembered this time. Episode 13! In this episode I go over the Saskatoon regional and we also talk about the brand new pack attack run. Also I sound funny since I have a cold.

And later this week we will have another episode out, with Smuggler spoilers from the pack Chain of Command!

• scwont, Magpieman, BobaFett and 3 others like this

chunkygorillas

chunkygorillas

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Episode 15! We recorded this episode the day before we got IE spoilers sadly but we will be getting another episode up next week with some spoilers!!

"In this episode we are finally joined by Jonathan again and we get a chance to discuss his regional event. We also go over the newly release FAQ"

• Wrath87, Majestaat and yodaman like this

chunkygorillas

chunkygorillas

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Episode 17!!
"In this episode we discuss a wide range of topics, lots of them submitted to us through Facebook. We get a little recap of the rest of FFG's gen con news we didn't already discuss, talk about our opinions of prizing and how FFGOP does things, The power level of the Imperial Entanglements deluxe box and do a lightning round of the other questions submitted to us."

• Majestaat likes this

LethalHobo

LethalHobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 821 posts
YES!

NAMEDROP'D!

Great podcast guys. I enjoy listening to your thoughts.
  • Toqtamish and chunkygorillas like this

skatepharmacy

skatepharmacy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
Haha thanks for answering my list of questions, glad to help you generate some discussion:D
  • Toqtamish and chunkygorillas like this

chunkygorillas

chunkygorillas

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts
Thanks guys :)

someguy11

someguy11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts
In regards to your plea for casual to attend events...I would but there is literally zero stores that host events in yhe rochester ny area. From what I gather there are many areas that are like this. The regional locations are also too far away for me to bother with for the prize support offered.

chunkygorillas

chunkygorillas

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Episode 18!

"In this episode Dan and Jonathan go over and rate all the sets from the upcoming Imperial Entanglements deluxe box."

Windows 10 broke my old way of recording and I have yet to perfect this new program so I ended up being a little quiet, sorry about that!

• Majestaat likes this

chunkygorillas

chunkygorillas

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Episode 19!

"With the Rogue Squadron cycle now at an end Dan and Jonathan discuss what they though of it as a whole, and if it was successful. They also look into the future and talk about what we have seen coming in the Endor cycle. A new segment, The Holocron, is also introduced this episode, where the hosts cover a range of quick topics like what does the new L5R LCG mean for Organized Play, Is Imperial Entanglements even delayed? and talk about some upcoming releases in the Star Wars universe."

Facebook | Twitter | Podbean

• Majestaat and yodaman like this

pantsyg

pantsyg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2690 posts
Sweet! Something to listen to while I'm data analyzing tomorrow! :) :(

AussieJedi

AussieJedi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Sweet! Something to listen to while I'm data analyzing tomorrow! :) :(

Hopefully our analysis of the cycle will help you to analyze really well  :D

chunkygorillas

chunkygorillas

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Episode 20!

"In this episode Dan (chunkygorillas) and Jonathan (AussieJedi) go over the recent LCG news, what they think the worlds meta will be like, FAQ predictions, IE  Smuggler and Spies deck experiments and ideas for LCG pre-release and release events."

• Majestaat likes this