Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Baharroth Deck Thread

• Please log in to reply
449 replies to this topic

Stefan2581

Stefan2581

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Here is a new apporach to the Baharroth Deck .

This one tries to be lighter on elites and instead run cheaper drones.

Getting rid of STC and Backlash yields some space for other cards.

Mainly more attachments that can be used with non - vehicles aka Hawks and Drones.

In the previous build I felt that the hawks , albeit not that bad to begin with, lose strength in the later game,

especially very useless without Baharroth present. So i wanted them to carry some ion rifles at least, or hidden chain strike swords.

So without further ado , here is the first incarnation:

Baharroth

Army (22)

(command core and recurring ECT )

3x Biel-Tan Guardians (Core Set)
3x Earth Caste Technician (Core Set)

4x Baharroths Hawks (Descendants of Isha)

( Drones and Spirits for the day )

2x Furious Wraithblade (Jungles of Nectavus)
2x Iyanden Wraithguard (Core Set)

( Mobile threats )

2x Wildrider Squadron (Core Set)

2x Wildrider Vyper (What Lurks Below)

( Dealing with swarms and elites alike )

1x Shrieking Exarch
2x Mighty Wraithknight (The Threat Beyond)
1x Wailing Wraithfighter (Core Set)

Attachment (9)

(a little bit for everyone. Multiple ECTs should help pick what we need )

2x Starcannon (The Howl of Blackmane)
2x Drone Defense System (What Lurks Below)
2x Ion Rifle (Core Set)
1x The Shining Blade (Descendants of Isha)
2x Saim-Hann Jetbike (Deadly Salvage)

Event (10)

( Cry is also a very good anti movement card, very versatile

wish I could include Tense and Doom as well )

2x Cry of the Wind (Descendants of Isha)
2x Foretell (Gift of the Ethereals)

( usual suspects )

3x Nullify (Core Set)
3x Gift of Isha (Core Set)

Support (9)
1x Banner of the Ashen Sky (Descendants of Isha)

( Placement tricks )

2x Craftworld Gate (Core Set)
2x Webway Passage (Slash and Burn)

( Economy )

1x STC Fragment (Legions of Death)

3x Bonesinger Choir (What Lurks Below)

Stefan2581

Stefan2581

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

After some testing, I went back to the Elite Build. It has better answers and poses more threats.

I changed the Elite - Mix

Warlord:
1x Baharroth (Descendants of Isha)

Army Unit (23)

3x Biel-Tan Guardians
3x Earth Caste Technician

2x Herald of the Tau’va

4x Baharroth’s Hawks

2x Wildrider Squadron (Core Set)

3x Wildrider Vyper (What Lurks Below)

3x Fire Prism
3x Mighty Wraithknight

More emphasise on the units that we really need and that are strong right out of the gate.
I like Vyper in opening hand, alongsider a capper. Win up to 3 command battles , and still threaten planet 1. Put it on planet 3

The commitment though is likely telegraphed. But still, you could chose between planets 2 and 4, and opponent really has no safe spot at all.

Mighty Wraithknight has great value later in the game, it can deal with swarms and piles of elites alike. Combo it with Webway passage and Mobile and you can bring all your guys in still standing. I miss the synergy with other Spirit units here , especially when using Gift of Isha.

Phoenix Fighter and Exarch had to go, as they were not nearly as valueable right from the start.

Fire Prism is still a very good one, and helps against ranged too. Keep a nullify handy if you exhaust an Elite to deal with backlash.

I could argue that the addiotional (3rd) Herald could be dropped again for another Squadron or Fire Prism. Fire Prism it is. 

Attachment (5)
2x Drone Defense System  (What Lurks Below)
2x Starcannon (The Howl of Blackmane)
1x The Shining Blade (Descendants of Isha)

Wish i could have more Attachments to make better use of ECT, and Starcannon really shines here.

Event (13)

2x Cry of the Wind

3x Backlash
3x Gift of Isha
3x Nullify
2x Tense Negotiations

Missing Doom and Foretell, but the space is so tight, and tense is really good.

Support (9)
1x Banner of the Ashen Sky
3x Bonesinger Choir
3x STC Fragment
2x Webway Passage

Baharroth doesn't command right away like Eldorath, but he can pick his targets easy and slowly clear the board. This is one of the Elite heavy decks that still can dominate command.

Stefan2581

Stefan2581

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Ok, i had some amazing games with Vyper + Starcannon, and some other i.e. against Ork with Squiggoth Brute, which is so hard to deal with.

What I am currently missing in this deck are more control options for Elites.

Tense negotiations is nice, but it only goes so far. If Ferrin isn't in the flop then

there is no route option available. Also there is a clash between this and Nullify.

You can only do one of each, and sometimes nullify something and triggering a battle

ability would be better. So maybe I gotta get some Uniques in . Erathal could help in command too.

The Heralds don't add too much to command, but they play a nice mind game, where the opponent doesn't

know where to commit to. I also thought about adding more targets for ECT, like Star-Cannon or Promotion.

So the current options are:

-1 STC  ( Still enough options )

-1 Fire Prism

-1 Backlash

-2 Herald

+2 Uniques ( Erathal and Autarch )

+2 Doom

+2 Attachments ( 2 Promotion , or just one cannon )

Horatius

Horatius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

What do you think about DE alliance? You could gain: Archon Terror, Gut and Pillage, Power from Pain and Ssylith to replace the Technician

Stefan2581

Stefan2581

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

What do you think about DE alliance? You could gain: Archon Terror, Gut and Pillage, Power from Pain and Ssylith to replace the Technician

Yes, I toyed with it, but haven't looked into it yet.

I guess i would only lose swarm control with DDS.

Will look into it later ;-)

Horatius

Horatius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

yes, without DDS you lose the swarm control but maybe the addition of the Shriking Exarch could be a good option, GaP help the economy and if one of the discarded cards is a Wrightknight in the right situation could be decisive...

I'll try a build with DE and let you know :)

Stefan2581

Stefan2581

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

I had the Exarch in one of my former iterations, but it is very situational to play. So I narrowed it down to the Elites I really need and want. The Exarch leans more to the Drone - Based build with Attachments like Ion rifle and Jetbike.

It is of course game breaking once it gets into play, and it is a formidable Yvarn trigger, which Wraithknight is not.

Also it helps with card advantage. Ahhh.. I am talking myself back into it ^^

Stefan2581

Stefan2581

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Since our Cycles have come to an end, I think it would be interesting to share what the best decks are regarding the kind of meta that we can suspect.

What do you think is Baharroths best bet by now ?

I have been toying with im quite a lot lately and I'm still torn between a full Elite and Hybrid build.

In the hybrid build i really miss the power of Fire Prism to kneel opposing Elites.

Dietzen

Dietzen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Since our Cycles have come to an end, I think it would be interesting to share what the best decks are regarding the kind of meta that we can suspect.

What do you think is Baharroths best bet by now ?

I have been toying with im quite a lot lately and I'm still torn between a full Elite and Hybrid build.
In the hybrid build i really miss the power of Fire Prism to kneel opposing Elites.

How does your elite build look like?

Stefan2581

Stefan2581

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

How does your elite build look like?

This was the latest iteration before I moved to the Choir Build.

http://www.conquestd...roth-the-hunter