Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

List of Keywords

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

RenaissanceMan

RenaissanceMan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
A question about Vigilant (and, in a way, Vengeful). If I were to win a challenge with a character that did not have Vigilant, would I be allowed to stand my kneeling Vigilant characters? Or do I need to win the challenge with a character that has the Vigilant keyword in order for the ability to take effect?

slothgodfather

slothgodfather

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2951 posts
That's the best part about those keywords. If you win a challenge as the attacker, you stand any card with Vigilant. This would include Lightbringer (Core) since it is vigilant. Same for vengful, if you lose a challenge as a defender, you stand any card with Vengful.

Nastyn8

Nastyn8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Joust – If a character with the Joust keyword is attacking alone, the defending player may declare only one character to defend the challenge.

Melee – While participating in a challenge, a character with the Melee keyword gets +1 STR for each character participating on the opposing side of a challenge.

Thanks. My cousins and I just started playing this game and we're very new to it. I had a few melee/joust cards, but had no clue what they did so I never used them. Now that I know, I will for sure be using more of them. Thanks

slothgodfather

slothgodfather

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2951 posts
Actually the melee definition needs to be updated a little bit. It actually is: While a character with the melee keyword is participating in a challenge, it gets +1 STR for each participating character controlled by an opponent. (on the both sides of the challenge)

This distinction is important for cards like Greatjon Umber (WLL). This means after you add him into a challenge on someone elses behalf that you support, he gets +1 for each character participating that both opponents have declared. If the attacker had 3 guys, and the defender (that you support) declares 2, when you add Greatjon to this he gets +5.
  • Reager likes this

Reager

Reager

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
how does melee + intimidate work together when attacking for example with Cotter Pyke (TBC).

If the opponent declares a defender with 3 str, pyke gets +1 and intimidate affects the defending character so the challenge is counted as unopposed?

what if an opponent defends with 2 4 str characters, it is counted as an undefended challenge as well?

Grimwalker

Grimwalker

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts

how does melee + intimidate work together when attacking for example with Cotter Pyke (TBC).

If the opponent declares a defender with 3 str, pyke gets +1 and intimidate affects the defending character so the challenge is counted as unopposed?

what if an opponent defends with 2 4 str characters, it is counted as an undefended challenge as well?

Correct. CP goes to 4 strength and Intimidate kicks in. Same with the second example, he gets pumped to 5 and Intimidate kicks in.

I love Intimidate =)

brainsplatter87

brainsplatter87

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Is 'no attachments' considered an immunity keyword?

JCWamma

JCWamma

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 2033 posts
Nope.

kizerman86

kizerman86

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1177 posts
It is not an immunity.

slothgodfather

slothgodfather

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2951 posts

Is 'no attachments' considered an immunity keyword?

A. That is a scary ass avatar pic you have there... :blink:

B. Only keywords with the word "immunity" are considered an "immunity" (so things like No Attachments, Cannot be Killed, Cannot be Discarded are NOT an immunity).

Skelton

Skelton

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2090 posts

Correct. CP goes to 4 strength and Intimidate kicks in. Same with the second example, he gets pumped to 5 and Intimidate kicks in.

I love Intimidate =)

I love Cotter Pyke.
  • brainsplatter87 likes this

istaril

istaril

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1741 posts

Cannot be Killed, Cannot be Discarded are NOT an immunity).

This is correct, but I thought I'd add that in addition to not being an immunity, they are also not keywords.
  • OKTarg likes this

punkphloyd

punkphloyd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I thought Intimidate just meant the strength wasn't counted? So they would still be defending, albeit with 0 strength, thus not triggering any "unopposed challenges" switches (e.g. free power, etc)?

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1890 posts

I thought Intimidate just meant the strength wasn't counted? So they would still be defending, albeit with 0 strength, thus not triggering any "unopposed challenges" switches (e.g. free power, etc)?

If you aren't counting your str then your not defending. So, intimidate is a unopposed challenge mechanic. Anything with less str then the attacking character doesn't count its str. This means that if i was to attack you with a 3 str character and you defended with a 3 str character, then i pumped my character by 2, your character would no longer be counting its strength thus would not be defending and a unopposed challenge would be created.

istaril

istaril

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1741 posts

Karma's answer glosses over something a little, so I thought I'd elaborate. The characters are still participating, for the purposes of triggering responses etc, even if their strength is 0, or isn't counted because of indimidate (different things). However, the rules specifically establish that a challenge in which the defender counts 0 strength, no matter what the reason, is considered unopposed. That means that while your characters are still participating (for the purposes of resolving, say, deadly), but the challenge will be an "unopposed challenge", and reward the attacker with an additional power.
  • scantrell24 likes this

killbot

killbot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

If you aren't counting your str then your not defending. So, intimidate is a unopposed challenge mechanic. Anything with less str then the attacking character doesn't count its str. This means that if i was to attack you with a 3 str character and you defended with a 3 str character, then i pumped my character by 2, your character would no longer be counting its strength thus would not be defending and a unopposed challenge would be created.

Does that mean that if Bronn (LotR) were the defender no one would die for the deadly? Or an attacking deadly character with 0 str?

killbot

killbot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Karma's answer glosses over something a little, so I thought I'd elaborate. The characters are still participating, for the purposes of triggering responses etc, even if their strength is 0, or isn't counted because of indimidate (different things). However, the rules specifically establish that a challenge in which the defender counts 0 strength, no matter what the reason, is considered unopposed. That means that while your characters are still participating (for the purposes of resolving, say, deadly), but the challenge will be an "unopposed challenge", and reward the attacker with an additional power.

Thanks

CavetotheDave

CavetotheDave

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hello, looking for a little clarification...

Does stealth affect attachments to a character? for example:

I have Robb Stark (LoW) with Shaggydog (LoW) and Grey Wind (LoW) attached. If someone attacks me and declares stealth on Robb, can I still use the abilities of my direwolves on his attacking characters to reduce strength/kill?

Thanks!

JCWamma

JCWamma

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 2033 posts
Yup, that's still fine. Literally all it means is Robb Stark cannot be declared as a defender in that challenge, it says nothing about any effects of his or attachments on him.

CavetotheDave

CavetotheDave

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Great, thanks!