Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Create your own card / New Card Wishlist thread

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
317 replies to this topic

Gamaran

Gamaran

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

If you guys were invited to FFG to develop a card, what would you make?

Mine would be something like:

- TEST OF FAITH -

Baratheon - Loyal

0 Gold

Trait: R'hllor

Effect: When revealed both players choose and discard one card from their hands at the same time, the player that discards the highest costed card gains 2 power. If its a draw both players gain 1 power.

Limit: 1 per phase.

Image would be something like: THIS

Flavor text: "The night is dark and full of terrors old man, but the fire burns them all away"

Its a theme card based on when Melissandre is trying to be poisoned very obviously by Maester Cressen. Im still debating if leaving it to be loyal or not, i feel if R'hllor keeps expanding some cards might have to be limited to Bara, but pay no mind to that, it could be non-loyal too.

As far as the mechanics, i could have made it pretty broken but i wanted to make it interesting above all else. Its a very fair card since both players get the same chance at getting that power, the idea is to have this card as a way to ditch dead characters on your hand and get some power out of them, but you can use it to bluff and have the other guy lose a big character trying to stop you from getting that extra power.

I kinda wanted to make it that each player looks at the enemy hand and chooses from there, so the mind games are even bigger since you can choose to trash his best card but it would just make it too much like seen in the flames. Also since Seen in the flames can let me see your hand, i dont really want to have cards show my hand.

Its also a 0 cost R'hllor, so you can get value out of it, if you have Meli out. Also there is also a more nedly side to the card since Meli can cheat and know when to play it if you play first "Seen in the flames" ;). So she saw in the flames what is going to happen, and then she takes you up on the faith test. So it has some synergy with other R'hllor cards we already have.

Its obviously not the strongest card im not planning to win any tournaments with it, but it has its merits and it builds up to the R'hllor control theme (in my opinion) quite nicely and has interesting mechanics that keep players on their toes, and it doesnt rely on RNG but mind games, which i really like as a mechanic.

TheGriffinReborn

TheGriffinReborn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Stannis' Best Pal
[Picture of Me and Stannis BBQ'ing at a R'hllor Party]

Baratheon * Loyal
2 Gold

Traits:  Ally.  Companion.  R'hllor. 
Action:  Kneel Stannis' Best Friend Ever to stand a Baratheon character.  If that character is Stannis Baratheon, he gains a Power.
Flavor Text:  "This guy here is truly my, Stannis Baratheon's, best pal ever now that Davos is dead."

That or a Shavepate card.

• LaurenF, Meromero, KruppSteel and 2 others like this

Zigur

Zigur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Heads off Spikes

Plot

4/6/1/6

Your opponent's Heads on Spikes textbox is treated as blank.

migelpig

migelpig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Marillion

Neutral Unique Character

3 gold, 3STR Intrigue icon, Bard, Ally

If any opponent controls a King or Queen you must choose Marillion for military claim.

Action: Kneel marillion to copy the effect of a SONG event in your discard Pile. Remove that event from the game.

Robert and the Boar

Dual House Baratheon/Lannister non-loyal event

2 gold, SONG

Action: Remove up to 3 power tokens from a Lord or Lady with 1 or more power tokens.. Kneel that character if it has no power tokens left.

Ballad of the Foresters

Stark loyal event

1 gold, SONG

Standing phase: Each opponent chooses and kneels a standing character he controls. Return a plot from your used pile to your plot deck. (limit once per round)

• DeNooijer likes this

Reclusive

Reclusive

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Dagos Manwoody

Lord

4 Cost, Mil, Int, 3 Str

Reaction : When Dagos Manwoody enters play, search your deck for an event, reveal it and put it in your hand.

Interrupt : When Dagos Manwoody is killed, return an event from the discard pile back to your hand.

• MagnusLothar likes this

Libor

Libor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Gamaran - best card design I saw for a long time, from a Nedly point of view, really. Now we both have to wish you´ll win some major tourney to design it officially, because the idea is great.

The same for Migelpig. I am really currious if there will be more songs (and if they all will have different art style) and Marillion is great idea. Only the Ballad of the Foresters´s effetc... No plot madness anymore, please :) to be able use the same plot three or more times in a row with Marillion? Head on spikes? Nightmare...

• Gamaran likes this

Bomb

Bomb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2588 posts

For fun, I'd add to Gamaran's "If it's card type X, you may TAKE that power from an opponent's faction card."

You decide what X can be, but I really like adding additional decision points into these types of effects.  Also consider changing "card type X" to a trait, like "R'hllor card" or one of the other religion traits. (Maybe even Bastard card to represent sacrificing a bastard with royal blood.)

ScionMattly

ScionMattly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1281 posts

Bounty of Highgarden
Event, Nonloyal
3G
The Reach
Challenge Action: Play only if your opponent has not declared all three of his challenges this round. Stand an opponent's Lord or Lady character. Then, place one power on one of your Lord or Lady characters for each kneeling non-lord and non-lady your opponent controls.

May be, ultimately, too insanely powerful. The idea of it of course, is a card form of the support of the Tyrells helping Cercei (a lord or lady) but ultimately the credit and accolades going to another (Margaery)
the initial restriction exists so you don't simply play it after all challenges and claim a buttload of power.

migelpig

migelpig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

No plot madness anymore, please

Sorry ;)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

The Long Game

Plot, Loyal (Martell)

5/8/1/6

Your plot deck may contain eight cards. After this card is placed in your used pile, it remains there until the end of the game.

Plot deck limit: 1

• kizerman86, MagnusLothar, Gamaran and 1 other like this

mnBroncos

mnBroncos

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3801 posts

The Long Game
Plot, Loyal (Martell)
5/8/1/6
Your plot deck may contain eight cards. After this card is placed in your used pile, it remains there until the end of the game.

Feel will need to be an agenda but I like the concept
  • kizerman86 and arphod like this

NikolaP

NikolaP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

The Long Game

Plot, Loyal (Martell)

5/8/1/6

Like it!

RobbyStark

RobbyStark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Agenda

Wrath of the Norsemen

Raise by 1 the claim of any challenge in which the attacking player won by 5 or more total strength.

Let the world hear these words once more

"Save us, oh Lord from the wrath of the Norsemen"

• Gamaran likes this

RobbyStark

RobbyStark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Heads off Spikes

Plot

4/6/1/6

Your opponent's Heads on Spikes textbox is treated as blank.

what's the artwork for this, Eddard putting his head back on?

• Cumber and Gamaran like this

IdeYoshiya

IdeYoshiya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts
Hans of the Southern Isles - Character (unique)
Gold Cost: 5
STR: 5
Icons: Military, Intrigue
Lord.
Insight.
Hans of the Southern Isles does not kneel when declared as an attacker against a player with more power than you.

"Let It Go" - Event
Gold Cost: 0
Song. Winter.
Action: Remove a power token from a character you control to stand that character. (Max 1 per turn.)
  • Asklepios, Cumber and arphod like this

ScionMattly

ScionMattly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1281 posts

...I am amazed, but I actually like both of those cards.

• IdeYoshiya likes this

ingsve

ingsve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Plot:

Valar Morghulis

2/5/1/0

At the start of the Taxation phase, kill all characters in play. Limit 1 per plot deck.

Newly-drowned veterans (Greyjoy)

3g 3STR

MIL POW

Army

No Attachments

Reaction: After a card is discarded from an oppnents deck stand Newly-drowned veterans.

*The Knight (Greyjoy loyal)

5g 4STR

MIL POW

Knight House Harlaw

Renown

Challenges Action: Kneel The Knight to have him participate in the current challenge and the attacker or defender.

Doomed Longshipman (Greyjoy loyal)

2 cost 2 STR

MIL

Ironborn

Interrupt: If a Greyjoy character would be killed or discarded, sacrifice Doomed Longshipman to save that character.

*Isle of Pyke (Greyjoy Loyal)

2g

Iron Islands

Reaction: After a character or location is saved kneel Isle of Pyke to draw 1 card.

And just for fun:

*Shireen Baratheon (Baratheon)

2g 1 STR

INT, POW

Lady

While Ser Davos Seaworth is not in play Shireen Baratheon gains:

Action: Sacrifice Shireen Baratheon to choose and kill a Lady character you control, then discard all non-loyal characters you control.

Gamaran

Gamaran

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Marillion

Robert and the Boar

Ballad of the Foresters

Interesting concept, they work really well together although i think they take too much deck space? Maybe make Marillion more expensive or challenging to play but let him seach for a song event when marshaled? or maybe when he comes into play, choose one of the two song effects.

Dagos Manwoody

Lord

4 Cost, Mil, Int, 3 Str

Reaction : When Dagos Manwoody enters play, search your deck for an event, reveal it and put it in your hand.

Interrupt : When Dagos Manwoody is killed, return an event from the discard pile back to your hand.

I think he is too strong to be a utility character, tutoring any event is extremely powerful and then he is a lord and he plays it again. Int+Str is probably the best combo of icons. If he depended on hard ways to summon him then he might be stronger, like if the enemy has more power or if you lose all 3 challenges you can ambush him in.

Gamaran - best card design I saw for a long time, from a Nedly point of view, really. Now we both have to wish you´ll win some major tourney to design it officially, because the idea is great.

The same for Migelpig. I am really currious if there will be more songs (and if they all will have different art style) and Marillion is great idea. Only the Ballad of the Foresters´s effetc... No plot madness anymore, please :) to be able use the same plot three or more times in a row with Marillion? Head on spikes? Nightmare...

Thanks! sadly i have a full ocean between me and any of the regionals so maybe one of the players that do play in them sees the idea and takes it to heart  :D  or maybe FFG reads this post eventually and thinks its a good idea. That time Melissandre drinks the poison marks a turning point in Stannis arc, it would be cool to see it implemented.

For fun, I'd add to Gamaran's "If it's card type X, you may TAKE that power from an opponent's faction card."

You decide what X can be, but I really like adding additional decision points into these types of effects.  Also consider changing "card type X" to a trait, like "R'hllor card" or one of the other religion traits. (Maybe even Bastard card to represent sacrificing a bastard with royal blood.)

That's a good idea. I wanted to keep the effect text short so its really easy to play for new players, but maybe we can add that conditions without making it that hard.

Bounty of Highgarden
Event, Nonloyal
3G
The Reach
Challenge Action: Play only if your opponent has not declared all three of his challenges this round. Stand an opponent's Lord or Lady character. Then, place one power on one of your Lord or Lady characters for each kneeling non-lord and non-lady your opponent controls.

May be, ultimately, too insanely powerful. The idea of it of course, is a card form of the support of the Tyrells helping Cercei (a lord or lady) but ultimately the credit and accolades going to another (Margaery)
the initial restriction exists so you don't simply play it after all challenges and claim a buttload of power.

Should specify then that it can only be played as second player, because if you are first then you technically can meet the conditions.

Reclusive

Reclusive

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts

im sorry i thought we were designing martell cards here

Gamaran

Gamaran

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

im sorry i thought we were designing martell cards here

LOL, you didnt exactly specify it was Martell so i assumed it was neutral, but this card + Dorans game, ouch