Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Create your own card / New Card Wishlist thread

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
317 replies to this topic

Masterdinadan

Masterdinadan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
Want to see some agendas that really change up play style:

Nights Watch agenda
Guard the Realms of Men
You cannot marshal Wildling characters.
Marshalling Action: Put a Wildling character into play from your hand under an opponent's control.
Reaction: After a Wildling character is killed, claim 2 power for your faction.

Maybe too weird, but I wanted to set up NW and wildlings as natural enemies.
  • Itachi likes this

ingsve

ingsve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

It would be interesting to have a cycle of attachments that could be detached and used as characters again like the Warhorses from Tourney of Swords.

ingsve

ingsve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Agenda

Defenders of the North

You may only initiate one challenge during the challenge phase.

Reaction: At the end of the Challenge Phase, stand all characters you control.

• Meromero likes this

migelpig

migelpig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Interesting concept, they work really well together although i think they take too much deck space? Maybe make Marillion more expensive or challenging to play but let him seach for a song event when marshaled? or maybe when he comes into play, choose one of the two song effects.

They might be in the same deck but I just want more songs and more bards (and fools!).

Tom Sevenstrings

Neutral Unique Character

6 gold, 4STR Intrigue, Power icon, Bard, Brotherhood, Spy

If your opponent controls a Lady reduce the cost to marshall Tom Sevenstrings by 1

If you lose a challenge as the attacker were Tom Sevenstrings is particpating you may pay 1 gold to return a SONG to your hand  from the discard pile.

The Floppy Fish

Stark non-loyal event

2 gold, SONG

Cost 1 less if your Faction card isn't Stark.

Interrupt Dominance: All Lords and Knights have -2 STR for dominance. All Ladies and Bards have +2 STR for Dominance. Each player may choose a Fool or Bard to gain 1 power.

Patchface

Loyal Baratheon Unique character.

2 gold, 3 STR, Intrigue Icon, Fool

Insight while defending.

Patchface his STR cannot be increased or decreased.

Under The Sea

Baratheon non loyal event.

3 gold. SONG

Challenges: Choose up to 3 bards or fools. Untill the end of the phase the first one gains Stealth, the second Insight and the third Renown. If you control patchface he gains a Power Icon and does not kneel to defend.

• MarcosTy likes this

RobbyStark

RobbyStark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 900 posts

They might be in the same deck but I just want more songs and more bards (and fools!).

Tom Sevenstrings

Neutral Unique Character

6 gold, 4STR Intrigue, Power icon, Bard, Brotherhood, Spy

If your opponent controls a Lady reduce the cost to marshall Tom Sevenstrings by 1

If you lose a challenge as the attacker were Tom Sevenstrings is particpating you may pay 1 gold to return a SONG to your hand  from the discard pile.

The Floppy Fish

Stark non-loyal event

2 gold, SONG

Cost 1 less if your Faction card isn't Stark.

Interrupt Dominance: All Lords and Knights have -2 STR for dominance. All Ladies and Bards have +2 STR for Dominance. Each player may choose a Fool or Bard to gain 1 power.

Patchface

Loyal Baratheon Unique character.

2 gold, 3 STR, Intrigue Icon, Fool

Insight while defending.

Patchface his STR cannot be increased or decreased.

Under The Sea

Baratheon non loyal event.

3 gold. SONG

Challenges: Choose up to 3 bards or fools. Untill the end of the phase the first one gains Stealth, the second Insight and the third Renown. If you control patchface he gains a Power Icon and does not kneel to defend.

just make a "Fools" faction card already

sparrowhawk

sparrowhawk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2038 posts
What an interesting thread I've missed. I really liked Gamaran's bidding war design space and also Avatar's The Long Plan concept and, although both need fine-tuning in design, I hope FFG read these threads and spot these gems.

Off the top off my head, here are some design SEEDS...

"The Lords with their Finery and Titles" (or exact quote)
Agenda
Your attachments gain Terminal.
Action: kneel your Faction card to move an Attachment you control to a new eligible target.

Design purpose: create the moving Neutral attachments archetype.

"Power is Power" (Cersei to Littlefinger quote)
Agenda
Forced Interrupt: when the Standing Phase ends, lose 1 Power. If you do, you skip the Taxation phase.

Design purpose: promotes the control long game archetype

"You Win or You Die"
Agenda
You cannot marshall or put into play duplicates.
Action: kneel your faction card and discard a unique card to draw a card

Design purpose: flavoursome uniques build vulnerable to Varys

The Red Wedding
Plot, 2-0-1-6 (provisional)
Kill all Lord and Lady characters in play

Valar Moghullis
Kill all non-loyal characters in play

Design purpose: The latter has been suggested elsewhere (by Scantrell) but the other big event in the books needs to be enshrined as a partial reset.

Valar Dohaeris
Event, cost 0, neutral
Action: kneel your Faction card to return all characters who were killed in this phase to play, kneeling

Design: standard response to Valar Moghullis was of course this.

Expendable
Lannister Event, non-loyal, cost 0
Action: kill a character you control to gain its printed STR in gold

Design purpose: thematic ambush-relevant esp Gold Cloaks, mitigate Tears etc, trades dupes or Aemon use for gold (2 cards for STR gold usually bad but reserve punishes Lannister draw)

The North Remembers
Stark Attachment, non-loyal, cost 1
Attach to a Stark location you control with no attachments
Marshall Action: kneel this attachment to look at the top X cards of your deck where X is the number of Stark unique characters in your dead pile. Discard any of them then place the remainder on top of your deck in any order

Design purpose: to make Gates of Winterfell less stupid luck-based, Stark gains intrigue-safe card quality, makes Pillage more relevant (hence Marshall action), self-mill recursion in Stark?

Black Wind
Grejoy Location, loyal, Warship, Unique, cost 1
Reaction: after an attachment enters an opponent's discard pile, kneel Black Wind to put it into play under your control

Design purpose: to make Pillage better, also We Do Not Sow, increases Drowned to same +5 potential as Wardens of the Reach, does nothing on its own in an intrigue-weak faction

The Frozen Waste
Night's Watch Location, loyal, The North, cost 2
Interrupt: when a character is declared as an attacker, kneel The Frozen Waste to remove all text (except Traits) on it until the end of the challenge

Design purpose: bolster their defence game, spoils Stealth etc

That will do for now. Better get some work done.

IdeYoshiya

IdeYoshiya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

The Bastard of Bolton - Stark character (unique)

Gold Cost: 5

Icons: Military, Intrigue

STR: 4

Bastard. House Bolton.

Stealth. No attachments except Weapon.

Reaction: After you win a challenge in which The Bastard of Bolton attacked alone, until the end of the phase, gain control of a non-loyal character with gold cost 5 or less controlled by the defending player.

"Snow, my wife called me before she ate her fingers, but I say Bolton."

VonWibble

VonWibble

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2996 posts
I like the idea behind that, and the limit of "until the end of the phase" stops it being op. Don't like the idea of it being Eddard though, maybe a cost limit?

I have 2 suggestions, 1 for joust, 1 for melee.

Tyene Sand - Martell unique character

Cost 5
Intrigue and power icons
STR 3
Bastard. Lady.
Stealth.
Reaction: If you lose a challenge, place a vengeance token on Tyene Sand. Remove these tokens at the end of the challenges phase.
Challenges Action: Remove 2 vengeance tokens from Tyene Sand to increase the claim on your plot card by 1.

Mace Tyrell - Tyrell unique character

Cost 6
Military and power icons
STR 5
Lord.
Renown.
Reaction: After all players have chosen titles, but before titles are revealed, name a title. When titles are revealed, if any opponent has that title, you may swap titles with them.
  • IdeYoshiya and MagnusLothar like this

IdeYoshiya

IdeYoshiya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

I like the idea behind that, and the limit of "until the end of the phase" stops it being op. Don't like the idea of it being Eddard though, maybe a cost limit?

I assume you mean you don't like it being Stark, to which I'll respond that I agree. I spent upwards of 30 minutes deliberating on how to handle it, including a Lannister agenda that allowed you to splash the traitor houses, a wholesale House Bolton faction card, and a return of the 1.0 Bolton card-exchange fiasco. Finally I decided: the Boltons are with the Starks for a time, along with the Freys and the Karstarks, and you can have them follow Robb Stark just as they do in the books. If you want to build a Nedly deck themed after their betrayal, all the cards you would normally include in that deck are technically legal. If you can get your opponent(s) to agree to let you use your custom House Bolton faction card in place of the official House Stark card, then you can do that too.

What are you suggesting exactly, in terms of a "cost limit?"

VonWibble

VonWibble

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2996 posts
Sorry, didn't make myself clear.

I meant I don't like that you can take control of Eddard with it.

If it said "non loyal card costing 5 or less" I'd be happier.

IdeYoshiya

IdeYoshiya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Sorry, didn't make myself clear.

I meant I don't like that you can take control of Eddard with it.

If it said "non loyal card costing 5 or less" I'd be happier.

Yes, that makes sense. I forgot that Eddard was non-loyal. Definitely worth the change.

Gamaran

Gamaran

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

What an interesting thread I've missed. I really liked Gamaran's bidding war design space and also Avatar's The Long Plan concept and, although both need fine-tuning in design, I hope FFG read these threads and spot these gems.

Off the top off my head, here are some design SEEDS...

"Power is Power" (Cersei to Littlefinger quote)
Agenda
Forced Interrupt: when the Standing Phase ends, lose 1 Power. If you do, you skip the Taxation phase.

Design purpose: promotes the control long game archetype

The Red Wedding
Kill all Lord and Lady characters in play

Expendable
Lannister Event, non-loyal, cost 0
Action: kill a character you control to gain its printed STR in gold

Design purpose: thematic ambush-relevant esp Gold Cloaks, mitigate Tears etc, trades dupes or Aemon use for gold (2 cards for STR gold usually bad but reserve punishes Lannister draw)

The Frozen Waste
Night's Watch Location, loyal, The North, cost 2
Interrupt: when a character is declared as an attacker, kneel The Frozen Waste to remove all text (except Traits) on it until the end of the challenge

Design purpose: bolster their defence game, spoils Stealth etc

That will do for now. Better get some work done.

Really interesting design on "Power is Power". It would work really well with Tyrion actually, but it would need to have very good base stats so you actually make a profit, or else people probably will never slot this in a deck.

I really hope there is no lord/lady or unique board clear, maybe give it better stats and make it a "kneel faction card to kill all knelt Lord/Lady characters". As the game stands right now this would just become a auto include on all decks, you just throw this on any deck and it another reason not to run high costed uniques. Maybe make it, if you win dominance kill all the Lord/Lady. Or if you lose 3 challenges this turn, you kill all Lord/Lady characters on the enemy side of the board, so it goes to the theme of Lannisters losing the war and then using a underhanded method to stabilize.

Non interactive board clears are bad, you cant plan against them, you cant really fight them unless you print a "anti-board clear card" which just makes the decks more cluttered with noise and not rich characters. I really hate "Get out of Jail" free cards in competitive card games, if you lost complete board control and the other guy is investing heavily into it, picking one card that can drop at any time for no real cost or set up its too powerful. Then we go back to 1.0 were you want to play a bunch of small guys and draw your full deck to just spam the board with things to overcome your clears.

If they print a Valar or Red Wedding, there has to be a way to stop it, or it has to need some real set up or price for the player, no just picking it out of the deck.

Expendable seems nice, for 0 might be too good but other than that i like it. It really opens up a lot of interesting plays.

The frozen waste seems too good for 2 gold cost, removing text its very strong currently that big guys are the norm. Its like a reappliable Milk of the Poppy.

Nice designs overall, really could see them as printed cards some day.

ingsve

ingsve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Yes, that makes sense. I forgot that Eddard was non-loyal. Definitely worth the change.

Better to do non-unique than non-loyal.

ingsve

ingsve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Really interesting design on "Power is Power". It would work really well with Tyrion actually, but it would need to have very good base stats so you actually make a profit, or else people probably will never slot this in a deck.

You did see that the proposed card was an agenda right? And completely overpowered. You give up one power per turn to retain all your excess gold and never have to worry about Reserve at all. I'm not sure it would be balanced even if it cost 3 power per turn.

Gamaran

Gamaran

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

You did see that the proposed card was an agenda right? And completely overpowered. You give up one power per turn to retain all your excess gold and never have to worry about Reserve at all. I'm not sure it would be balanced even if it cost 3 power per turn.

Oh i thought it was a plot, LOL.

As a agenda it is on the strong side, it can lead to some really abusive decks or be total trash. 1 power per turn is really harsh but with card support and a lot of draw you bypass a lot of the controls set by the game to keep economy and marshaling under control.

I think it would be interesting to see it as a Plot, so you can have a agenda to make a "save round" so you can blow all your gold next turn. Like you use this and save the gold, next turn you wildfire or Valar and play swarm the board with a lot of characters from the save gold

IdeYoshiya

IdeYoshiya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Better to do non-unique than non-loyal.

Then it wouldn't work on Theon, on whom it was used in the books. But I do agree that in general non-unique works better.

IdeYoshiya

IdeYoshiya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Per this discussion.

As High as Honor - House Arryn event

Gold Cost: 2
Limited.

Action: Until the end of the phase, your {House Arryn} Lord and Lady characters are immune to event card effects.

Ser Donnel Waynwood- House Arryn character (unique)

Gold Cost: 5

Icons: Military, Intrigue

Guard. Knight.
Reaction: After you lose an unopposed challenge as the defending player, discard X cards to ignore the challenge's claim effects, where X is the claim value on the winning opponent's plot card. (Limit twice per round.)

Sweetrobin - House Arryn character (unique)

Gold Cost: 2

Icons: Power

STR: 1

Lord.

Dominance Action: Kneel Sweetrobin to have him gain 1 power for each of your standing characters.
"Jon Arryn's trueborn heir, by all the gods, yet there are some who say he is too weak to sit his father's seat." The Blackfish

• MarcosTy and Gamaran like this

langsion

langsion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

I'd like to see an event for Greyjoy that triggered the opponent to draw cards. Something like:

Dominance phase: Choose an opponent, that opponent draws X cards, where X is the number by which you win dominance.

Limit once per round.

Which may seem counter intuitive because you are giving your opponent a bigger hand, but with the taxation phase and the reserve kicking in this sort of thing could lead to the opponent having to make hard choices about what to keep in their hand and what to discard.

It would likely need a gold cost, but shouldn't be too steep as it still is conditional on the event 'player' winning dominance. The timing of playing the event could be a factor as well, though the telegraph of holding onto gold into the dominance phase might contribute some.

It also ties in well with things like Alannys Greyjoy cramping opponents reserve.

kizerman86

kizerman86

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1177 posts

I'd like to see an event for Greyjoy that triggered the opponent to draw cards. Something like:

Dominance phase: Choose an opponent, that opponent draws X cards, where X is the number by which you win dominance.

Limit once per round.

Which may seem counter intuitive because you are giving your opponent a bigger hand, but with the taxation phase and the reserve kicking in this sort of thing could lead to the opponent having to make hard choices about what to keep in their hand and what to discard.

It would likely need a gold cost, but shouldn't be too steep as it still is conditional on the event 'player' winning dominance. The timing of playing the event could be a factor as well, though the telegraph of holding onto gold into the dominance phase might contribute some.

It also ties in well with things like Alannys Greyjoy cramping opponents reserve.

Not trying to sound rude, or otherwise condescending, but the ONLY time it could ever become relevant, would be if Milling becomes an entirely viable archetype as opposed to an afterthought/balancing mechanic for self-mill combos.  (Similar to Fatigue Rogue in Hearthstone)  Until then, the more cards they see, the more options they have.

Gamaran

Gamaran

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Not trying to sound rude, or otherwise condescending, but the ONLY time it could ever become relevant, would be if Milling becomes an entirely viable archetype as opposed to an afterthought/balancing mechanic for self-mill combos.  (Similar to Fatigue Rogue in Hearthstone)  Until then, the more cards they see, the more options they have.

I mean its not completely awful if you have Euron in play, and to look at it on the bright side, this along with other cards would be the thing that enable the Mill deck in the first place. So the Mill deck has to start somewhere.

With more gold constraining cards like Naval Superiority and a few other cards like this one, i can see Mill being a thing