Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The CCG cards??

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Mulletcheese

Mulletcheese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1044 posts
+106 cthulhu cards, +109 yog cards
  • alexbobspoons likes this

Carthoris

Carthoris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Wow. That Ithaqua card does not seem appropriately costed. And the ability is ... less than thematic.

Liking the art, though!

Mulletcheese

Mulletcheese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1044 posts

Wow. That Ithaqua card does not seem appropriately costed. And the ability is ... less than thematic.

Liking the art, though!

I posted the card because I wanted to learn how to post images, it was like a monkey using a tool for the first time.

It's a similar power level to Claude Owen and it may have gotten errata/restricted in the ccg days (the old FAQ is still available). In the ccg cardpool the ability was telegraphed because yog had a theme of targeting characters with less arcane icons and there were ways of cycling discard piles back into their owner's decks as an answer.
No willpower or invulnerable prevents this from being broken.

If this was released as part of a fan set the ability would probably be changed to work with polar events, similar to how Naomi works with tactics.

It's amazing how many thematic cards never made it into the lcg: ithaqua, the dunwich horror, ryleh, the mountains of madness, the innsmouth look etc.

Unnamable

Unnamable

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Ithaqua was a vital component of the deck that ended up winning Worlds 2006? Piloted, I think by

Chris Long? I do remember clearly however that it was very tough to face his deck!

I posted the card because I wanted to learn how to post images, it was like a monkey using a tool for the first time.

It's a similar power level to Claude Owen and it may have gotten errata/restricted in the ccg days (the old FAQ is still available). In the ccg cardpool the ability was telegraphed because yog had a theme of targeting characters with less arcane icons and there were ways of cycling discard piles back into their owner's decks as an answer.
No willpower or invulnerable prevents this from being broken.

If this was released as part of a fan set the ability would probably be changed to work with polar events, similar to how Naomi works with tactics.

It's amazing how many thematic cards never made it into the lcg: ithaqua, the dunwich horror, ryleh, the mountains of madness, the innsmouth look etc.

I beg to differ. Ithaqua has been depicted in various mythos literature sources as carrying off some individuals who were then given up for dead (discard) only to show up again some time later and often at great distances half frozen. Often times these individuals have given themselves over to his worship (gain control). Only the most versed shaman could avoid his clutches (fewer A icons). I agree that 5 cost would be more appropriate in our current environment but the exhaust cost helps mitigate it's powerful ability. I like the idea of some Polar card interaction, lowering their cost or offering them some protection perhaps.

Liking the art, though!

• Jamiejame911 likes this

Yipe

Yipe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

It's a similar power level to Claude Owen and it may have gotten errata/restricted in the ccg days (the old FAQ is still available).

That Ithaqua is one of my favorite cards from the CCG days.  According to the last CCG FAQ, it was neither errata'd nor restricted.  I have a ton of CCG-era cards that I used when first starting out with CoC.  I set them all aside when I started to play in tournaments.  It's funny to see them make a comeback on these boards.

Another CCG favorite of mine is Omar Shakti.  I paired him with as many hot cultist chicks from Yog and Shub (and there are a bunch) and called the deck "Shakti and Awe."  Ah, memories.

4253_zpsqdgqsi2g.jpg

• Carthoris likes this

Carthoris

Carthoris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Dunwich Horror is in the LCG.  :)

Mulletcheese

Mulletcheese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1044 posts
Quite right sir, my mistake.

Mulletcheese

Mulletcheese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1044 posts
I finished going through the ccg card pool.
There's between 850 and 900 cards that were never released in the lcg card pool.

I'm not giving an exact figure because some cards switched costs and factions between the editions, during my next pass I'm expecting the count to drop towards the 850 mark.

If any one is interested I've put the spares on eBay, 1,250 cards that were never released in the lcg: http://www.ebay.co.u...yQAAOSwo6lWKYNX

I'm going to take a break from staring at cthulhu cards for a few weeks, before the great old one starts haunting my dreams, and then I'll start gathering images for all the unreleased cards.
  • alexbobspoons and SimonG like this

SimonG

SimonG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I recently went through the whole contents of the CCG to find which cards had not been ported over to the LCG, and I posted my findings here: http://boardgamegeek...vs-ccg-overlaps.

Now I need to try to track them down... :)

Regards.

• alexbobspoons likes this

Carthoris

Carthoris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Another CCG favorite of mine is Omar Shakti.  I paired him with as many hot cultist chicks from Yog and Shub (and there are a bunch) and called the deck "Shakti and Awe."  Ah, memories.

My Yog/Shub hot cultist chick deck is called "Suck My Kiss." It's in its second major iteration.

alexbobspoons

alexbobspoons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
Sorry to necrosis this but if anyone ever does a printerstudio link to this lot of cards I would love to get it please.

KrytenKoro

KrytenKoro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

That Ithaqua is one of my favorite cards from the CCG days.  According to the last CCG FAQ, it was neither errata'd nor restricted.  I have a ton of CCG-era cards that I used when first starting out with CoC.  I set them all aside when I started to play in tournaments.  It's funny to see them make a comeback on these boards.

4253_zpsqdgqsi2g.jpg

Could you send me a copy of that CCG faq?