Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Game of Thrones 2.0 Custom Cards

* * * * * 1 votes Custom cards template project alternate art fan art

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

dominion

dominion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

I have yet to hear of misprints or player mistakes made due to fan made cards.

I always have the official versions with me so when someone is bothered by it, I can swap them out. It would be no big deal if they did ask that. I've never had someone complain about fan cards though. Usually they say nothing because they know what the card does already or they compliment it and/or ask where I got it from.

I see fan alt card that players win at events like Stahleck, as a non-issue.

We can agree to disagree here on whether it adds more fun to the game or not. I personally don't like it, but I understand that you guys find it more fun.

Just need to point out that I did refer to the first page of this thread, where Mel's strength was shown as 3. it is 4.

So the anecdotal evidence, such as "I have never seen", is usually poor argument.

cooleo1c

cooleo1c

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

If there is no problem, there is no problem.

Keep in mind I'm coming at this from a tournament point of view. I think fan made cards should be awarded at events. NOT printed by one person for their sole use.

For example, I print custom art cards for our MN meta and award them at tournaments. They're proofed  over and over so there is no mistakes. As a long time 1st edition player, custom cards were everywhere and almost no one minded them. Not even FFG.

Anything that can get players more excited for the game is a positive for me.

I support any meta that makes custom cards to drum up attendance.

You can see examples of our meta's cards here:
http://www.cardgamed...lts-pics-video/

eugeniovergel

eugeniovergel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Great work!

Thank you for share.

scantrell24

scantrell24

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3041 posts

Artist's website

This may or may not be a prize for the Atlanta, GA regional this year

12688286_10102546814195957_2133154533765

• chem2702, KruppSteel, keithsboredom and 1 other like this

Shadowist

Shadowist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
These look amazing, I'd be tempted to print them on photo paper then slide them into the same sleeve, not noticeable difference in thickness and you have the original for reference- ofc check with t/o before hand.

scantrell24

scantrell24

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3041 posts

Is there an event card template? 

Also, on the Printer Studio website, is there an option that let's you have an image for the card back? The ones I see all have image for the front and text only for the back. 

Thanks. 

killerangel1863

killerangel1863

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Is there an event card template?

Also, on the Printer Studio website, is there an option that let's you have an image for the card back? The ones I see all have image for the front and text only for the back.

Thanks.

Yes, you can use an image on the card backs. The option shows up for you to choose after you do all the card fronts.

Mattastrophic

Mattastrophic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Can we get this thread stickied? It comes up a lot on the Facebook group.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Custom cards, template, project, alternate, art, fan art