Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Thinking about buying a core...is it worth it?

- - - - - Warhammer Invasion

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Zilvake

Zilvake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Hi all, I'm considering buying a core set for myself and my playgroup to try. I've heard a lot of good things about the game and it looks like fun. I know it was discontinued awhile back but I did have a few little questions. One of the main questions is how is the card distribution? (1 card per battle pack or x3 per pack) What are the "mandatory" expansions/deluxes. What are each of the 6 (I heard there were actually 10 now) good/bad at? But I guess the overall question is if this game with worth buying/investing into. Any replies are welcome. :)

• alexbobspoons likes this

Ywingscum

Ywingscum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts
I bought the core, 3 warpacks and 4 deluxes. Totally enjoy the game.

Tragic

Tragic

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1661 posts

The game is very good... even though it is discontinued I still am buying packs myself.. they are onften on sale and as of yet nothing is "that" hard to find.

I would recommend 1xCore and 1 Coy of each Deluxe. If you like it and want more, then get a 2nd core and start on the cycles.

The biggest problem with the game is that it is so old that many of the packs are in the old rarity format. So make sure you check that. By rarity I mean that there are common, uncommon and rare. So you technically need to buy 3 copies of the 1 pack to get all the cards.

Asmoridin

Asmoridin

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Agree with everything said here.  This is a fantastic game that was just unfortunately not as popular as it should have been.  Definitely grab some product!

Skelton

Skelton

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2082 posts
I have to agree with the guys here. A great game that for some unknown reason, never got the love it deserved.

mnBroncos

mnBroncos

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3801 posts

so seems like almost everything is on sale on ffg for holiday sale....damn you ffg now tempting me to buy into a game i'd never play!

JTG81

JTG81

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
The price is so cheap though :)

alexbobspoons

alexbobspoons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Firstly, check out boardgamegeek as there are at least two well respected solo versions there (one is vs an AI deck, other has challenge missions) so no worry on never playing it as you can always solo.

Secondly, the first cycle (6 ap's) and the Ulthuan deluxe were old distribution rarity but all others newer x3 format. So for a FULL playset you need:

3x core

3x First cycle of 6ap's

3x Ulthuan

1x all other deluxes and ap's/cycles

MightyToenail

MightyToenail

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1164 posts

What should I buy for the sale??????????????????

MightyToenail

MightyToenail

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1164 posts

Which is a better deal, $3 for a 60 card pack, or $10 for a ??? many card deluxe.

Mikec103

Mikec103

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
What I want to know is, how come the Core isnt on sale as well?

mnBroncos

mnBroncos

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3801 posts

What I want to know is, how come the Core isnt on sale as well?

because those cost more duh lol and if you wanna buy all the packs your going to pick up the cores anyways. 

Tragic

Tragic

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1661 posts

Just to clarify .. it is 

• Ulthuan Deluxe
  • Corruption Cycle

That you need to get 3 of each if you want to go full retard on this.

MightyToenail

MightyToenail

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1164 posts

I'm not going to get deluxes, since I don't have the funds, and the packs are a better sale. I'm probably going with the Eternal War cycle, but what other cycle(s) should I do?

Just to clarify .. it is 

• Ulthuan Deluxe
  • Corruption Cycle

That you need to get 3 of each if you want to go full retard on this.

That's midly annoying. Oh well.

Ywingscum

Ywingscum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts
Wow those sales are nuts, curse my impatience I just recently spent like $200 on these!

MightyToenail

MightyToenail

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1164 posts
You know what, this could mean one of two things

1) FFG is trying to clear out the warehouse
2) FFG is trying to get people to buy in to Invasion, because they are going to start supporting it again.

Please be the second one.

MitchG

MitchG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
It's defintely not the second... The amount of invasion stuff we saw in crates at the "auxiliary" space, definitely trying to clear house. Worked on me I just bought in at that price lol
  • chunkygorillas likes this

mnBroncos

mnBroncos

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3801 posts

hahahaha sorry it isn't nice to laugh but you thinking number 2 is pretty funny.....Sorry bud but zero chance of that. 

• MightyToenail likes this

Inquisitorbroeska

Inquisitorbroeska

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

It would be cool to see a resurgence of interest in this game with this sale. I topped off my collection this morning at FFG. The sale is literally too good to pass up. If anyone is looking to flip some cards at FFG, hit me up.

Tragic

Tragic

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1661 posts

It would be cool to see a resurgence of interest in this game with this sale. I topped off my collection this morning at FFG. The sale is literally too good to pass up. If anyone is looking to flip some cards at FFG, hit me up.

Yeah, I also completled my collection as well... this is probably the last chance you will get. My guess is that they will be sold out soon and nebver seen again. I did some checking and the core sets are a lot harder to find than I thought as well.. so I also grabbed the a 3rd copy of core (as well as the 3 copies of each curruption cylce and 1 more Ulthuan)

That's midly annoying. Oh well.

Yeah a lot of people found the rarities a real pain. It makes the early aGoT and CoC games really hard to collect but lucky most got a reprint. It was only these and the Dreamlands packs that got screwed. CoC players have been yelling for a dreamland reprint for years and finally got one as the 1st cycle PoD this year. Still I feel ya pain... really pissed off pretty much everyone!

2) FFG is trying to get people to buy in to Invasion, because they are going to start supporting it again.

It is still my hope that they will do what they are doing with CoC and put the entiure game into the PoD system.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Warhammer Invasion