Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

ED-74 Communications droid and protect

Protect shield

Best Answer theChony , 09 December 2015 - 03:10 PM

Hi, this won't work as you described. You're right that damage resolution happens at the same time for all. So when the shield is removed from one Guardian due to damage from the enemy, your other Guardian is getting damaged at the same time.

By utilizing protect, you only reassign damage before it hits. You don't choose the order in which it resolves.

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Lono

Lono

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

So this scenario happened recently.

Guardian of Peace A with a shield

Guardian of Peace B with no shield

Ed-74 Communications droid ready

Guardian A gets hit with 2 damage by a strike. 

1 is transferred to Guardian B

Can Guardian A use the shield, then use ED-74 ability to give a new Shield to Guardian B and then that guardian use the shield to reduce the 1 damage?

At first I wasn't sure it was possible because past FFG answers led to me believe that step 3 of the damage resolution (Page 8 FAQ) happened simultaneously for both units when damage was split using protect. Thus you checked both units for shields and then removed them. But after rereading multiple times the timing rules and past answers to other damage resolution questions I'm not so sure and I'm starting to think it's possible.

Thanks for your time

Guardian of the peace 

Shielding.
Protect Character(If a Character card you control would be damaged, you may place the damage on this unit instead.) 

ED74 Communications droid:

Reaction: After you remove or discard a shield from a unit, focus this unit to place that shield on a different target friendly unit. 
“Approach control speaking, just a moment.” 

theChony

theChony

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts
✓  Best Answer

Hi, this won't work as you described. You're right that damage resolution happens at the same time for all. So when the shield is removed from one Guardian due to damage from the enemy, your other Guardian is getting damaged at the same time.

By utilizing protect, you only reassign damage before it hits. You don't choose the order in which it resolves.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Protect, shield