Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Solo variant links here

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

alexbobspoons

alexbobspoons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

I posted this on ffg a bit ago and after the recent interest following the sale thought I would copy it here:

So

As many know I am a solo player and own the WI full playset. I googled solo rules and found these two threads that seem well worked out:

https://boardgamegee...i-has-worked-me

https://boardgamegee...or-coop-variant

One is a straight AI, the other a king of mission/challenge setup.

I think now that the game has been discontinued for a while and many people who are massive fans can only occassionaly get to play it against their friends, that it was time to give these solo variants a test and bring it to the attention of the community.

Even if solo isnt your thing, getting the cards out to air them is always a good thing. So I thought this post here would be a nice placemarker for other people wanting to try solo.

Just remember, solo will never be the same as a real live opponent player, but that doesnt mean it cannot be an awesome amazing yet different game in its own right.

I havent played either of these solo variants yet, but will do so at some point in the near-future after I have completed some other current projects.

smile.png

Alex

Elrad

Elrad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hello Alex,

thanks for those links, it saves me a google research :-p

By the way I own myself a core set at the bottom of my games collection and remembered playing this game with a lot of enthousiasm. But I have to make quick to obtain the rest of the cards as FFG seems to stop producing them and the big expansion sets seem to disappear from the stores... so let's go and pray to get one of everything... :-)