Might as well post my thronesdb reply here, for more discussion:
Thanks for clearing that up. I’ve been play testing a bit with the previous iteration and here are some of my findings:
- Sunspear didn’t really seem to serve a clear purpose (at least to me). There wasn’t a situation where I wanted or needed it.
- The event package is really strong. I’ve done some pretty amazing things to force unopposed, to kill characters with we do not sow and seastone chair. I did sometimes have a lot of events in my openingshand, limiting my setups. I see you’ve taken some out, I would agree with that. I am going to miss Support of the People though, it’s pretty cool.
- Great Kraken; the deck kind of runs out of cards at a certain time with (the many) events (of the previous version) that you kind of always want to Kraken to really capitalise on your unopposed challenges. I think, if you’re not playing Support of the People, 3 is the only way to go. So agree on that.
- The reducers dudes are really strong, if only in setup.
- In the current Targ meta, Asha seems like a real liability. It kinda hurts to see, but I have to agree with your going down to 2 Asha’s.
- As few unique Plaza targets as possible. Definitely agree with the one-offs you’ve put into the deck.
- Not sure about the attachments. While I missed Little Bird at one point (losing Balon to a Tears but killing Dany with Chair in the same turn), I’m not too sure on the Seal. I know, it’s super strong on Balon, versus Baratheon, but it’s going to get removed 100% of the time. In my testing I didn't have that much gold to play around with (between the characters and the events). One of the strengths of the previous version was the no-attachments deal, all of a sudden, all these confiscations are actually a liability for your opponents own cards.
- Why two Summons? I know you play some one offs, it’s an extra draw, but it has no initiative. Wouldn’t one be enough? Marched is so strong.. Care to explain?
- How did you like Here To Serve? I see you’ve removed it. I liked it because it got one of those beasts out early, but it always felt awkward because I didn’t really know when to play it. Turn 1? Turn 2? etc.
- What was your reasoning behind including the Black Wind’s Crew? Your previous version did not have them if I a not mistaken. Do you think they are better than Drowned Men with all those boats?
- I disagree with Barnie25 on the Paramour (his remark on thronesdb). It forces through unopposed and is good versus Targ to kneel Rhaegal and Dany if necessary. It pulls hard to pass tricons into challenges as well, clearing the way for Seastone Chair and power challenges.
- What are your thoughts on Dawn?
- I feel running no Support of the People is a mistake. Did you miss it in testing? I like to think of it as the flex spot among locations.
- Arianne is pretty awesome, especially when Nymeria comes out, but what's her use in this deck right now?
- Do you feel 31 characters is enough? I kind of feel like I'd like to run more, but there's no room (and there's really no high quality characters left that are not going to be dupes).