Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Brothel Madame

- - - - -

Best Answer Masterdinadan , 14 February 2016 - 03:03 AM

Brothel Madame basically has two separate effects:
It gives the chosen player the option to pay you gold.
If forbids the chosen player from mil challenging you unless they have paid you (for any reason!) during this phase.
This is why people say brothel madames don't "stack" because yo only have to pay one of them and they are all "turned off" Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

dominion

dominion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Just wanted to clarify my understanding which was challenged: When brothel madame is triggered, the opponent targeted has to pay immediately, and not any time before he initiates a military challenge?

The phrase "Until the end of the phase, if that player has not given you gold this phase..." does give some people the impression that they had the flexibility to wait.

Khudzlin

Khudzlin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1052 posts

They don't have the flexibility to wait. However, if another card effect allowed (or required) them to give gold to Brothel Madame's controller later in the phase, they would then be free to initiate military challenges against him/her.

Schnaki

Schnaki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

They can't wait because of:
Reaction: After the challenges phase begins.

Even if your Second player there absolutely is no time to do a challenge. But you have to think of triggering her.

Masterdinadan

Masterdinadan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
✓  Best Answer
Brothel Madame basically has two separate effects:
It gives the chosen player the option to pay you gold.
If forbids the chosen player from mil challenging you unless they have paid you (for any reason!) during this phase.
This is why people say brothel madames don't "stack" because yo only have to pay one of them and they are all "turned off"

jstrong77

jstrong77

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
So currently, if I don't give my opponent 1 gold when her reaction is triggered, then I am unable at any future point in the challenge phase to pay them gold and make a military challenge?

OKTarg

OKTarg

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 1756 posts

So currently, if I don't give my opponent 1 gold when her reaction is triggered, then I am unable at any future point in the challenge phase to pay them gold and make a military challenge?

This is correct.