Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Tarkin Blanking Elite

Best Answer Jarratt , 17 March 2016 - 07:07 PM

1. Tarkin will blank Elite. He blanks for a phase at the beginning of the phase. For the entire refresh phase the Elite keyword will be blanked.

2. Tarkin can never stop Leia. Her reactions happens once the phase has ended but before the next phase starts. He can blank her at the start of conflict but it wears off before the timing trigger for Leia and before Tarkin has another chance to blank her (not that he can do it twice).

Added answer. Tarkin can stop Luke from refreshing in the DS turn. While the timings appear different, the start of the balance phase has been ruled as the start of the turn. Because it is the DS players turn he can choose to reaction with Tarkin first and blank Luke before he can react. Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

GreedoShotFirst

GreedoShotFirst

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

This came up in play last night and I wanted to make sure we were not playing it incorrectly.

Tarkin Says: After a phase begins, spend 1 navy resource to treat a target card's printed text box as if it were blank (except for Traits) until the end of the phase (limit once per turn).

1) Does "Elite" count as printed text and blanked in Tarkin's description? Ex: Home one has 2 tokens on him at the beginning of refresh, I use Tarkin's reaction to blank home one.

2) Can Tarkin blank Endor Leia before she does her reaction to no units being declared  "after the opponents conflict phase ends" so that her reaction does not go off?

Sorry if this was already asked. Most of the responses about Tarkin that I saw were about pilots and enhancements when I was digging for the answer. Thanks peoples.

Jarratt

Jarratt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3660 posts
✓  Best Answer
1. Tarkin will blank Elite. He blanks for a phase at the beginning of the phase. For the entire refresh phase the Elite keyword will be blanked.

2. Tarkin can never stop Leia. Her reactions happens once the phase has ended but before the next phase starts. He can blank her at the start of conflict but it wears off before the timing trigger for Leia and before Tarkin has another chance to blank her (not that he can do it twice).

Added answer. Tarkin can stop Luke from refreshing in the DS turn. While the timings appear different, the start of the balance phase has been ruled as the start of the turn. Because it is the DS players turn he can choose to reaction with Tarkin first and blank Luke before he can react.
  • GreedoShotFirst likes this

GreedoShotFirst

GreedoShotFirst

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Thank you sir.