Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Is Trench Run a Mission?

Best Answer BobaFett , 04 April 2016 - 08:04 PM

I would say with a very high degree of certainty that you absolutely can NOT fetch the trench run with Ackbar's orders.  Ackbars orders is not referencing a trait on a card, like stay on target, Jabba's summons etc etc.  They use bold print to specify traits in this game.  Its referencing the card type mision.  Trench Run is an enhancement with the mission trait, not a mission.

As Greedo said, this is not a mission card, its an enhancement with the mission trait, 2 totally different things.

Also, as a side note, Kiramode, the pilot (X) keyword has nothing to do with stay on target.  Stay on target references the pilot trait on a card. so thats why it can get pilots without the pilot (x) keyword like hoth luke, wedge, black squadron pilot and technically so can rookie pilot, but since he causes an illegal attachment state, he immediately falls off, which is a shame, but thats the rules.

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

kiramode

kiramode

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1836 posts

med_trench-run-core-13-4.jpg

I ask this primarily because of the new Ackbar set. Although we don't have full translations yet, we do know that Ackbar's orders gives you a deck search for a mission. Here are my basic questions:

1 ) Does Trench Run coming into play trigger cards that trigger off of Missions? Main examples here would be Ackbar's new objevctive and Boc's objective.

2 ) Can you use Ackbar's Orders to put Trench Run into play? This one we already know the full text:

Ackbar's Orders (previously spoiled)

1 cost, 2 force pips

search your deck for a mission card and put it into play. Then shuffle your deck.

My question here is if you can get a card with mission as a trait or if you are restricted to cards were mission is the type of card itself.

3 ) Does Ackbar's mission pump work against the Trench Run? Or really any bonus that is based on being engaged with a mission. 

4 ) Lastly, can you have the Trench Run in play alongside another mission? Or does it get get affected by the one mission at a time rule?

GreedoShotFirst

GreedoShotFirst

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
My read is that it is an enhancement card with the mission trait for the death star disk which is very distinctly different than a mission card.
Because of this, I don't think the order can have you fetch it. But I do think you can play it with a mission out.
So, 1-no 2-no 3-no 4-yes

kiramode

kiramode

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1836 posts

I'm inclined to think that you can fetch the Trench run via Ackbar's Orders for the same reason that Stay on Target can get pilots that don't have the Pilot(x) keyword.

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts
✓  Best Answer

I would say with a very high degree of certainty that you absolutely can NOT fetch the trench run with Ackbar's orders.  Ackbars orders is not referencing a trait on a card, like stay on target, Jabba's summons etc etc.  They use bold print to specify traits in this game.  Its referencing the card type mision.  Trench Run is an enhancement with the mission trait, not a mission.

As Greedo said, this is not a mission card, its an enhancement with the mission trait, 2 totally different things.

Also, as a side note, Kiramode, the pilot (X) keyword has nothing to do with stay on target.  Stay on target references the pilot trait on a card. so thats why it can get pilots without the pilot (x) keyword like hoth luke, wedge, black squadron pilot and technically so can rookie pilot, but since he causes an illegal attachment state, he immediately falls off, which is a shame, but thats the rules.

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3910 posts

BobaFett has it right.  As referenced on pg 24 of the rulebook, Traits are printed in bold+italics.  Any card referring to a Trait will use the same type-face, while references to the card type will not.

I find it unlikely they'll ever print another card with the Mission trait precisely because of this confusion with the new card type.

CataractCowboy

CataractCowboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

So, can you have trench run in play at the same time as a mission card?

chunkygorillas

chunkygorillas

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts

So, can you have trench run in play at the same time as a mission card?

Yes you can.