Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

I just picked up netrunner

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

bombevil

bombevil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hey! Guys, I just picked the core set and 4 deluxe set. So far, I mostly enjoy criminal and nbn, so what pack should i get next or must have.  Thinking to pack up all the mudbad cycle or pick up other stuff

spectre

spectre

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

A good idea for planning future purchases is to look into the top tier decks online and see if some cards look as potential must-haves that you might be missing (you will notice that 99% of corp decks run Jackson Howard, for example). At this stage you will probably be missing single cards to open up new ways to play the game, however few datapacks are strictly "bad" purchases. As the game develops, different often long forgotten cardboard has potential to come to the spotlight (for example, recent popularity of corporate assets made people reevaluate Scrubbers).

I would recommend looking into the SanSan cycle first to round off your already decent card base with cards that are very often played these days, then do the same with Mumbad.

While you will probably cave and buy the whole cycles, like most of us do eventually, you can also focus on single packs that have the cards that look useful.

As an enthusiast of criminal things you will want to look for Mongoose, Gang Sign, Drive By, and Muertos Gang Members, other noteworthy cards form other factions are Sports Hopper, Turntable, Faust and Film Critic.

As for the older packs, Opening Moves has the above mentioned Jackson Howard who's been a corporate staple since forever, and Hostage is quite interesting for criminals relying on Connections.

Fear and Loathing doesn't have a lot of exciting stuff, but you will want it for Wraparound which is a very important piece of NBN ice these days.

Humanity's Shadow is another older pack that has lots of Criminal goodness - Andromeda, HQ interface, Kati Jones.

Future Proof is similar giving you Project Beale, Midseason Replacements and The World is Yours (although the latter two got slightly eclipsed by newer cards).

You might also look for the data pack that has Leela Patel, it's another good criminal identity you might want to look into.

• MightyToenail likes this

HiroProtag

HiroProtag

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Enjoy

gamerjoe

gamerjoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

i am planing to pick up the 4 deluxes to support my single core deck, perhaps just buy a few chapter packs and work from there.