Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Arkham Horror Slack Chat

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

MightyToenail

MightyToenail

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1164 posts
Forget it, kid.

mplain

mplain

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

I'm not familiar with Slack, maybe it's more convenient for some people. But there is a very much alive and prospering Discord channel with 80+ users. Sorry, not trying to hijack your audience, just in case you don't know about it.

http://discord.me/arkhamhorrorlcg

• MightyToenail likes this

MightyToenail

MightyToenail

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1164 posts

I'm not familiar with Slack, maybe it's more convenient for some people. But there is a very much alive and prospering Discord channel with 80+ users. Sorry, not trying to hijack your audience, just in case you don't know about it.
http://discord.me/arkhamhorrorlcg

Isn't discord an audio chat though? Because that is far less convenient.

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Conquest Rules Arbitrator

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3289 posts

Isn't discord an audio chat though? Because that is far less convenient.

No it is a text chat. And it is a very active group. First time I've used Discord and I've been enjoying it so far. More discussion there than anywhere else I have seen so far about this game. 

dboeren

dboeren

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2834 posts

From my understanding Discord supports both text and audio, you can make a group of either type.

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3289 posts

From my understanding Discord supports both text and audio, you can make a group of either type.

Correct but this group is text based. 

Skelton

Skelton

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2084 posts
Awesome. I wasn't aware of a Discord group. I'm usually on there for a few hours a day. I'll check it out later this evening in between rounds of Paragon.

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3289 posts

Awesome. I wasn't aware of a Discord group. I'm usually on there for a few hours a day. I'll check it out later this evening in between rounds of Paragon.

I think I will remove my glowing recommendation. It's kind of gone off the rails now. 

Skelton

Skelton

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2084 posts
With all due respect, one continuous chat stream will do that. It's always nice to be able to chat to randomers about their experiences with the game though.

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3289 posts

Cannot join this Slack chat as it is asking me for my @sad1.org email. 

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3289 posts

With all due respect, one continuous chat stream will do that. It's always nice to be able to chat to randomers about their experiences with the game though.

Oh I agree this has just gone a bit too far now. I don't expect 100% on topic especially with little to discuss right now but there's a limit and when it becomes arguments and personal clashes I'm out. I've got the X-Wing forums for that level of drama. 

Lockewood

Lockewood

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Togtamish, I think it's more the lull before we know more about the game.  I wouldn't completely give up on the Discord channel.  And I'll be more mindful to keep off-topics in the off topic channel.

MightyToenail

MightyToenail

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1164 posts

Cannot join this Slack chat as it is asking me for my @sad1.org email.

Hmm. Strange. Yeah, just forget the slack chat. I had no clue that discord had a text feature. Let's just use that.