Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

For Brad, Eric, Nate, others

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

dnapolitano

dnapolitano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts

POPULAR

I don't know if FFG will keep these forums up, so I thought this a good time as any to offer this thank you.

Thank you Brad Andres, Eric Lang, and Nate French, plus others that were involved in the designing and testing of this game. Conquest is the best f*cking game I have ever played. I hope your work on this game brings you future success.
  • NecRus888, DavFlamerock, sammann11 and 46 others like this

StingerMK2

StingerMK2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
Could not agree more!
  • Ywingscum likes this

steinerp

steinerp

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Agreed

• Ywingscum and refbot like this

fanfan

fanfan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

I agree, and I think this thank you post is appropriate.

I have played competitively dozens of card games since I started Magic in early 1994, and among all of those, I remember well the feelings of discovering Conquest at Gencon 2 years ago.

In most other games, I think the number of decisions I have to take regarding the way I am going to play my turn is not that big. I once remembered a Magic large constructed tournament I won and then realized that I barely had to do any thinking. My deck played. Not for Conquest.

I think I can honestly say that your little designing team has built what I consider the finest competitive card game I know, building smarter mechanisms than giant developer teams in the Industry.

• Ywingscum, tdnordine, Antaiseito and 1 other like this

Skyknight

Skyknight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Agreed, design-wise Conquest is a new benchmark for all other LCGs. Thank you all. I'll keep playing regardless until no opponents are left.

• Ywingscum, Antaiseito and N3dstark like this

HidaHonk

HidaHonk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts
Unbelievable good game. Best competitive game I ever played. Thank you guys for making it. And thanks to this awesome community that was always helpful and nice. See you guys in L5R!
  • Ywingscum, BayushiSezaru and Eu8L1ch like this

Ywingscum

Ywingscum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts
Conquest was/is the best card game I have ever played! I will continue playing till the end of days!
  • BayushiSezaru, N3dstark and Eu8L1ch like this

phillosmaster

phillosmaster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Still is my favorite competitive card game.  I hope they leverage from this successful design in the future.  Thank you guys for all the hard work.

• Ywingscum likes this

NecRus888

NecRus888

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

russians feel same

• Ywingscum, tdnordine, N3dstark and 2 others like this

gamerjoe

gamerjoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
Best card game i ever played.
This game.became a way of life.for me.
I have spents.most of my day time thinking or playing w40k.lcg...

Thank you so.much for creating it.
  • Ywingscum, xRAVEx and N3dstark like this

palpster

palpster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts
Couldn't agree more. Best cardgame I've played. Thanks so much for creating and developing this awesome game. I'm very sad to see it end.
  • Ywingscum, N3dstark and Grimbo like this

Ultramarine

Ultramarine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
I played about dozen card games and none gives me the competitive juice I get when I play Conquest. It's the most layered and nuanced game ever. I'll be keeping my cards forever.
  • Ywingscum, tdnordine, xRAVEx and 3 others like this

Skallagrim

Skallagrim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Agreed. Great work designing this magnificent game, something extra ordinarily and outstanding among all the cardgames I ever played ! Our small local community is really sad to see it end, but it will be cherised and played for the times to come.

• Serraph1133 likes this

retoxidi

retoxidi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts
Great topic!

What an amazing game Conquest is! I was lucky to be part of this thing from the get go when I recieved the first Core Box as a birthday gift. Oh the thrillz! It was an immediate love and 2 more cores after that.

Great job designers! And although Mr. Eric Lang hasn't been the main dude behind this, I give a special shout out to him for designing awesome games.

Also this has been a great community to be a part of. Thanks to all here too!
  • Ywingscum, N3dstark and Eu8L1ch like this

Monged4life

Monged4life

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Fully agree, this has been my first foray into a genre of games I never thought I would find interesting, and it's been an absolute blast! Thank you.

• Ywingscum, N3dstark and SlaaneshDevotee like this

BlueHill

BlueHill

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Conquest is easily the most interesting card game I have played. AGoT is great but something in Conquest just clicks. So many decision points that could alter just one match. Great, innovative and interesting game mechanics. Game of this caliber should have had longer run. 

Happy memories live: I got to celebrate the first place at Conquest tournament last fall.  That is still my first and only tournament I have won (came close at AGoT regionals with 2nd place) but having won one Conquest tournament makes me so proud.  (Starbane is my warlord to go: The gaze of Alaitoc sees all, there will be no escape for you.) 

Thank you design team for a great ride and for awesome game! 

• Ywingscum and N3dstark like this

BlueHill

BlueHill

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

double post

Intolerance

Intolerance

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Well played

• N3dstark likes this

Netraven

Netraven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Very much agreed, it's been the best. Great game design and may it's success and influence for ever inspire new game design. I've fully enjoyed the conquest community and am really happy to know that there are some amazing people out there. I'm keeping my cards and will continue to play.

• N3dstark likes this

rzarectz

rzarectz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Thank you Brad Andres for all the terribly unplayable cards that the community can now errata to increase our card pool!

• Ultramarine and N3dstark like this