Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sith and Rebel Alliance spoilers from A Wretched Hive

- - - - - Spoilers Sith Rebel Alliance A Wretched Hive

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

Superdave40

Superdave40

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

My New Sith Idea Master and Apprentice 

2x Emperor's Web

2x Dark Lord of the Sith

2x The Emperor's Promise

2x There Is No Conflict

2x The Emperor's Cabal

Using protect and shielding then being able to recycle force lightning and force choke

"I find your lack of units disturbing"

• LackOfVision likes this

gmeista

gmeista

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Look cool but nothing WOW. Maybe that's just the after affect of getting so many interesting pods last pack that had big names as mains too.

Jarratt

Jarratt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3660 posts

I like the Rebel set a lot. Card draw is good, searching events is good. Rebel events I'd enjoy digging up include Scouting Ahead, Undercover, Rebel Assault, Rebel for Hire, New Hope, Covering Fire, Rousing Speech (mainly as an edge card. Not to mention Bamboozle, Swindled, Force Rejuvenation, Seek Yoda, etc in other factions.

I'm not loving the Rebel set. Probably because I have 2 decks that would have loved more leaders and A New Hope but the set just doesn't bring enough units and no leave play abilities which IMO is key to A New Hope. Sate's ability would have been perfect.

I'll give it a go but the 2 units no resource 1 bomb makes the set look really worthless. So I'm underwhelmed. The objective ability is pretty good though but am I really going to be putting in 2 of this set just to draw the objective. I almost wish this one was limit 1 and the chud was 2x and much better like white blast white tactics or something and there was no Prep and Planning which feels like it's right up at as worst fate card.

As for Undercover, I'm pretty sure it would capture itself before the remove from play kicks in. It's not often that Undercover is actually in the discard though so not super relevant. Any time you would discard it you are better off playing it and discarding something else.

As for the Sith set it has some frightening stuff. An action speed pseudo Lightsaber Deflection that recurs back to your hand. An objective with event recursion. More ways to kill pilots (I really hate Shien Training for forcing all the enhancement hate into the game).

This set could be problematic in the right hands that's for sure.

TGO

TGO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2588 posts
Sometimes I don't think people would recognize a great rebel set if it slapped them on the face.
  • Wrath87 likes this

kiramode

kiramode

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1836 posts

Sometimes I don't think people would recognize a great rebel set if it slapped them on the face.

Preach.

I have so many ideas flying in my head it's kind of frightening. Been debating in my head if I like free Yodas or free Bamboozleds more for about an hour. Also, being able to search the top 5 cards for an event? Yes please.

But the lack of units in the pod is concerning to be sure. In playing this pod I think it's important to run pods that have a lot of relevant units to make up for the fact that this pod has one unit that barely counts as a unit and another one that is pretty weak for your board state.

Sleepa

Sleepa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

I was thinking the same thing! I read that pod and thought "Holy hell, what a card draw/recursion engine!"
I'd look at this pod as a crazy support splash in other LS factions, where the extra cards and event-digging are just crazy helpful.

• pantsyg likes this

Scottie

Scottie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1968 posts
In my brain I assumed it was Rebel only events, but my brain lies it seems.

kiramode

kiramode

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1836 posts

Oh, and calling it right now:

That Sith pod is weak. The abilities of the cards are just about all dependent on what your opponent does and what your board state looks like. It's not something you can reliably build around. Looks much better than it actually is.

TGO

TGO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2588 posts

In my brain I assumed it was Rebel only events, but my brain lies it seems.

The objective is rebel only and Willard is any event.

TGO

TGO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2588 posts

What I love most about this set is that it will punish the DS player for flooding the board and over extending. 

A New Hope may be a reprint, but, lets be real, that card is mostly unknown by a majority of the player base. I don't think it has ever seen play on any competitive level so I don't think players really knows how to play around it or to play against it. Also, the fact that you can potentially get to play it 4 times in a game is not a good thing for the DS.

It will force a lot of hard choices by DS players. Do you keep the main that is focused or do you keep the chud that is not focused. Once it is in the discard pile with the objective in play each new unit the DS plays has to be weighed against the units already in play. Is it worth spending resources to play another main when you already have 3 on the board. 

This card keeps a lot of decks in check and the fact that it can be played at the end of the DS players turn is really good. 

AS for the set, this wants to be played with Planning the Attack. Both are Yavin and with Dodonna in play they both draw you an extra card each turn. Dodonna also has one of the best resources for the Rebels, so that helps with resource issues.

• DavFlamerock, scwont, Majestaat and 2 others like this

Majestaat

Majestaat

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1913 posts

Kinda fun/sad that Scum won't mind bouncing Headhunters and Spiders, at all.

darthbs

darthbs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1072 posts

What I love most about this set is that it will punish the DS player for flooding the board and over extending. 

A New Hope may be a reprint, but, lets be real, that card is mostly unknown by a majority of the player base. I don't think it has ever seen play on any competitive level so I don't think players really knows how to play around it or to play against it. Also, the fact that you can potentially get to play it 4 times in a game is not a good thing for the DS.

It will force a lot of hard choices by DS players. Do you keep the main that is focused or do you keep the chud that is not focused. Once it is in the discard pile with the objective in play each new unit the DS plays has to be weighed against the units already in play. Is it worth spending resources to play another main when you already have 3 on the board. 

This card keeps a lot of decks in check and the fact that it can be played at the end of the DS players turn is really good. 

AS for the set, this wants to be played with Planning the Attack. Both are Yavin and with Dodonna in play they both draw you an extra card each turn. Dodonna also has one of the best resources for the Rebels, so that helps with resource issues.

If we can keep our resources balanced in our capital ship decks this could be an interesting set to slide in. Getting concentrated fire ready to pop when you need it and not have to hold onto it could be clutch. the set also helps look for one. Meanwhile a new hope limits the amount of defenders our big capitals have to deal with.

Definitely some experimentation to do to see if its viable support.

I was playing around with a new hope and freeholders back in the days wonder if this could make a comeback also.

pantsyg

pantsyg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2690 posts

Kinda fun/sad that Scum won't mind bouncing Headhunters and Spiders, at all.

The DS might be dead by the time they can come back out. Run with Freeholders for maximum lolz. 

• Rio, Majestaat and darthbs like this

darthbs

darthbs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1072 posts

I also think this could have a place along side hope of the rebellion and judder page. The fate card can combo with commando raid into the event so you don't have to wait for an engagement. Use Leia to dig out the objective.

If you can keep the DS at bay with 3 units then maybe even Mon Mothma could make an appearance and really get the ball rolling.

Also don't forget there's always dash too! A new hope charges him up and holding all the cards triggers off of Vanden.

That's 3 different decks to try already.

This set shall be dubbed Octomus Prime.......its a transformer.......its more than meets the eye. :P

• pantsyg likes this

kiramode

kiramode

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1836 posts

Judder with that fate card can lead to some truly degenerate combos. Being able to get 4 free mana for events is nuts. Of course......you still need events that are game changing enough for that to matter. 

normanh

normanh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

The DS might be dead by the time they can come back out. Run with Freeholders for maximum lolz.

I thought similarly when I heard of ANH reprint, but if it is rebel only then no Freeholders.

MaxRebo

MaxRebo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Peaceful resistance is better than meets the eye.

Underground entertainment and early warning system are kinda obnoxious cards to deal with and this just provides an answer for those. Especially if you have the objective out and can play it when you want to. 

Any of the pilot resources, black market exchange and abandoned hideout (is it limited??) (I forget) would be good targets too.

And I think that Sith objective ability is very nice. Although if you're playing with pestage or core palp you may still want to leave your best event in the discards...

• Rio likes this

MaxRebo

MaxRebo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

And thank you for providing us with the text of all these cards!

pantsyg

pantsyg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2690 posts

Peaceful resistance is better than meets the eye.

Underground entertainment and early warning system are kinda obnoxious cards to deal with and this just provides an answer for those. Especially if you have the objective out and can play it when you want to. 

Any of the pilot resources, black market exchange and abandoned hideout (is it limited??) (I forget) would be good targets too.

And I think that Sith objective ability is very nice. Although if you're playing with pestage or core palp you may still want to leave your best event in the discards...

Holy poop, I forgot about Underground Entertainment. Money. 

• MaxRebo likes this

Jarratt

Jarratt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3660 posts

Yeah like I said I wanted A New Hope for some very specific decks and I'm not sure this set fits them as well as I had hoped.

But often the best way to look at a new set is to start from scratch, something which is often overlooked.

As Kiramode said, the key will be putting together sets which make up for the lack of impact units in this set. Of course having high powered mains works too because of A New Hope.

I agree that it wants to be played with Dodonna. Dodonna's chuds like leaders and become a lot more powerful with them, making up for some of the blast deficiencies in the deck.

Hope of the Rebellion also seems like a natural fit because of the ability to search for objectives and dump 2 cost units you bounced back into play when a Leader leaves.

But Fleeing the Empire is even better because after focusing everything out Leia can bounce with a New Hope and your 3 things unfocus.

I don't entirely agree on the Massassi War Room though. I don't like the tempo loss of playing it, especially if you haven't played a resource yet. It's great later but it's bad that first turn.

I thought similarly when I heard of ANH reprint, but if it is rebel only then no Freeholders.

It's not affiliation locked. The objective only plays Rebel events from discard, so Freeholders are fine.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Spoilers, Sith, Rebel Alliance, A Wretched Hive