Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sith and Rebel Alliance spoilers from A Wretched Hive

- - - - - Spoilers Sith Rebel Alliance A Wretched Hive

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

DavFlamerock

DavFlamerock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Oh my god, guys, this thing kills Abandoned Hideouts. This is a BIG DEAL :o

Also, thanks to Katurian for inadvertently inspiring me for my next deck, I have high hopes, I think it's going to be fantastic. This set can do ridiculous things.

Rio

Rio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2215 posts

Oh my god, guys, this thing kills Abandoned Hideouts. This is a BIG DEAL :o

Also, thanks to Katurian for inadvertently inspiring me for my next deck, I have high hopes, I think it's going to be fantastic. This set can do ridiculous things.

It also kills Dengars resource.

Majestaat

Majestaat

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1913 posts

And Zuckuss'. Not like it's super relevant, but you still get to deny resources.

pantsyg

pantsyg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2690 posts

It also kills Dengars resource.

This is a major deal, since you could set up an objective to blow when this falls off. And it tends to be a key resource in Dengar decks. I know I'll nuke them in conflict if there's 3 resources floating around on a Scum board. Sorry you saved for Captured!

The Ackbar objective looks pretty nice, letting you effectively make 1-cost events free. Good synergy with the new objective for sure. 

Jarratt

Jarratt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3660 posts

This is a major deal, since you could set up an objective to blow when this falls off. And it tends to be a key resource in Dengar decks. I know I'll nuke them in conflict if there's 3 resources floating around on a Scum board. Sorry you saved for Captured!

The Ackbar objective looks pretty nice, letting you effectively make 1-cost events free. Good synergy with the new objective for sure.

Boom! I think you have found one of the natural pairings for this set. The B-Wings provide a lot of cover for a low bomb set.
  • Rio likes this

scwont

scwont

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Boom! I think you have found one of the natural pairings for this set. The B-Wings provide a lot of cover for a low bomb set.

Ackbar was also one of the sets that sprang to mind for me. Rough draft:

2 x Resourceful Survivors 

2 x Planning the Attack

2 x Turning the Tide

2 x Defense of Yavin 4

2 x Mobilise the Squadrons

Cheap and repeatable Rebel Assaults, and what do you know: more Yavin 4 objectives.

• pantsyg and MaxRebo like this

KirdanKenobi

KirdanKenobi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Turning the tide does play well with rebel assaults. I run it with mobilize in my cap ship deck (I'm actually not running it for the Trench Run).

Boreas

Boreas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Concentrated Firepower and Infiltration could also be very good with this objective.

mindlessphilosopher

mindlessphilosopher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Is this Sith character someone we've seen in the background in one of the movies?

Jarratt

Jarratt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3660 posts

Is this Sith character someone we've seen in the background in one of the movies?

Yeah, Return of the Jedi.

Willard is in A New Hope.

• Rio and mindlessphilosopher like this

mindlessphilosopher

mindlessphilosopher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

I am excited about all these Leaders, but wonder if it's worth making a deck just with that trait.

pantsyg

pantsyg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2690 posts

I am excited about all these Leaders, but wonder if it's worth making a deck just with that trait.

I don't know that Leader is the strongest trait to build around, but when I was playing my Leia-Cracken deck I was pleasantly surprised to find I had enough leaders floating around to consistently get value from Leia's objective (the one that lets you drop in a 2-cost unit if a Leader leaves play) and the Rebel Tacticians, who I may have really underestimated. Cracken, Leia, Derlin, Han, Dodonna, Judder all get targeted pretty hard for removal or just die in the course of attacking, so getting a chud out free when they leave is helpful. I guess my point here is many of the good Rebel mains right now are Leaders anyway. 

• mindlessphilosopher likes this

Rio

Rio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2215 posts

Willard is in A New Hope.

When he heard about Alderaan he feared the worse.
  • DavFlamerock likes this

Jarratt

Jarratt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3660 posts

Sure. What type of deck are you trying to make? Competitive, Casual, Comptetive Casual, Top Tier?

There are so many Rebel leaders now and many of them are pretty good. As for the trait there are only really 2 things that key off them.

1. Hope of Rebellion, when a leader leaves play you can drop in a 2 cost unit.

2. Rebel 4 Hire, target a leader and rifle through your deck for a card if the same objective set number.
2a. In the same set is Inspiring Presence which only plays on a leader and it therefore highly situational even as a resource.

R4H is really good but the set isn't the most game breaking. You do get to basically pick a leader and go and get their best card. Cracken (Rescue Mission), Core Leia (Our Only Hope or Twist of Fate), GA Leia (Rebel's Hope), Blissex (pretty much anything because all his cards are good), Mon Mothma (Kyle or Inspiring Presence), Dodonna (Resourse or Twist), Willard (A New Hope).

If you like tricks and combos then Leaders can add a lot. It's the most fun I've had playing the game for a while.

Boreas

Boreas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts

I think that new Leia will be very good with this A New Hope set. Few leaders and Hope on table, play A New Hope, return leaders, put free units into play.

• pantsyg likes this

pantsyg

pantsyg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2690 posts

I think that new Leia will be very good with this A New Hope set. Few leaders and Hope on table, play A New Hope, return leaders, put free units into play.

This is a great play. Not sure what I'm going to cut yet to make it happen, which is very weird to say about a mono-Rebel deck. 

• Rio likes this

Rio

Rio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2215 posts

Preach.

I have so many ideas flying in my head it's kind of frightening. Been debating in my head if I like free Yodas or free Bamboozleds more for about an hour. Also, being able to search the top 5 cards for an event? Yes please.

But the lack of units in the pod is concerning to be sure. In playing this pod I think it's important to run pods that have a lot of relevant units to make up for the fact that this pod has one unit that barely counts as a unit and another one that is pretty weak for your board state.

Prep and Planning may be the most broken LS fate card in the game. All their key combat events are 2 or less, Bamboozle, Force Rejuvenation, YySY, Unfinished Business, Infiltration. Its really, really good. Imagine the amount of Times you could get Endor Han to strike in a deck using a combination of Hope of the Rebellion, A New Hope, Bamboozle, and Infiltration. Its crazy good.

kiramode

kiramode

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1836 posts

Depending how relevant Scum will be going forward will determine how useful the Rebel pod will be. As of now, the scum pods that are immediately affected by the enhancement hate card are:

-Resources from Dengar, Zuckuss, Bane

-Other enhancements from Jabba's Rancor and Ephont Mon

Negating resources is a bigger deal IMO. A well timed mana destruction can murder tempo. Moreover, simply the threat of being able to bomb the resource can get opponents to not play the resource when they should thereby hampering them for future turns.

Also, of the three factions I think Scum gets hurt the most by A New Hope. Sith probably gets hurt the least because their top 3 can match any top 3 form any faction. Navy can also roll out a pretty imposing top 3. Scum's are a little more questionable. Xizor is great. And everyone else varies in effectiveness depending on the board state. Also, scum just tends to play more chuds out of the gate. Scum going with 2-3 chuds for the first 3 turns can get blown out by the board wipe.

• Rio likes this

kiramode

kiramode

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1836 posts

Prep and Planning may be the most broken LS fate card in the game. All their key combat events are 2 or less, Bamboozle, Force Rejuvenation, YySY, Unfinished Business, Infiltration. Its really, really good. Imagine the amount of Times you could get Endor Han to strike in a deck using a combination of Hope of the Rebellion, A New Hope, Bamboozle, and Infiltration. Its crazy good.

Maybe; but with DS having Prince's Scheme, Visage of The Dark Lord, and Imperial Fist LS really needed a boost. Also, every DS faction has minimum 2 twists available and all the twists are available in pods that range from situationally playable pods to cornerstone pods. LS has Falcon, Guardians, and Dodanna. That's weak.

Jarratt

Jarratt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3660 posts

Sure, so when smugglers get Prep and Planning let's talk.

As a straight up Rebels set this needed more bombs, maybe a resource on the main or the chud.

As an off colour set I'm not seeing the value of putting it in to get the events to go off cheaper. Even if you are just running Falcon with Hope of the Rebellion, Planning the Rescue and 2 of this you have 2 sets left to get enough bombs to actually make the game worthwhile. The tricks here don't really support the combat trick sets you mentioned because (Falcon aside) they are all support sets anyway.

But then maybe double bamboozle no rifle Zeb/Dash is all you need anyway.

Actually isn't that really mean. Dash with A New Hope. Holding all the cards from discard.

I'm still thinking that Prep and Planning in a Smug pod is what might help Smug a lot. More than it will here. This set, I just have to think really outside the box to get the most out of every card.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Spoilers, Sith, Rebel Alliance, A Wretched Hive