Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Saga & Deluxe?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

DarthMonkey

DarthMonkey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Just read over on the LoTR forum about the difference between Saga and Deluxe boxes. (Saga includes quests based on Tolkien stories, Deluxe is all new FFG stories set in Middle Earth).

Do you think we'll get the same or just the mix that seems to be Dunwich (new stories off the back of events in the original stories)?

Playing through the original stories would something I'd like to do, as well as playing new stories either linked to them or completely new.

mnBroncos

mnBroncos

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3801 posts

My guess is will do all original quests for quite awhile but maybe mix it up with "saga" type expansions. However, the HP books are far less popular than lotr so I wouldn't say it is guaranteed to ever get saga expansions and if we do i would guess they just put them in with the normal expansions not a separate saga campaign like lotr. 

phillosmaster

phillosmaster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

I think it's unlikely since the reason for the Saga expansions were also to established campaign play for the game.  Campaign play is standard for AH so there is no added benefit.  Also Lovecraft's stories were all rather short.  I guess they could do At The Mountains Of Madness or something based off the Dream Cycle as a whole.

• Carthoris likes this

DarthMonkey

DarthMonkey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Yeah I guess the shorter stories would be harder to do. Unless they were separate "one shots".

Ironswimsuit

Ironswimsuit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1081 posts

There's not really a need for Saga expansions.  They were created in part to add campaign play, but also because LotR wasn't originally going to follow the stories at all.

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Conquest Rules Arbitrator

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3289 posts

I also don't see any reason for Sagas with this game. 

vmoth

vmoth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

I think the FFG-mythos is too different from original Lovecraftiana to be suitable for faithful re-enactment of most of his stories.