Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Redeploy and multiple resolution of dice?

Rules

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

MorganR

MorganR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Redeploy: After the attached character is defeated, its controller may immediately move

this upgrade to any of their other characters. The upgrade die moves to the new character card, even if it was in the dice pool. 

My question is if Redeploy can allow multiple resolution of a dice per round?

Example:

1.  Player 1 has Rey and Finn. Rey has a Lightsaber.

2.  Player 1 activates Rey (with Lightsaber) and resolves the dice the following turn. Both Rey and Lightsaber dice return to the Exhausted Rey.

3.  Player 2 then Defeats Rey and the Lightsaber Redeploys to Finn (who has not activated yet this round).

4.  Finn activates - Does he now use the Lightsaber dice again this round by rolling the Lightsaber dice along with his Character dice?

If yes to point 4 above - Redeploy seems very powerful!

Thanks

Marcuspolus

Marcuspolus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

It's not that powerful...considering you lost one character.  But yes technically you could resolve the dice more then once.  

KennedyHawk

KennedyHawk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1890 posts

Yes it works like you have stated, it's definitely a useful feature.

Once your opponent has begun to pile onto one of your characters you can equip these upgrades there and sometimes get a double use.

One interaction to keep in mind, Grievous can steal a redeploy weapon after killing a character before you get the chance to redploy it.

MorganR

MorganR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Thanks for the clarification!

datrixzero

datrixzero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

just a thought as well.  while the situation you described seems advantageous to the player  with redeploy, keep in mind that if I were your opponent I would try and wait out the kill until you had activated your other characters. So, it might not be so likely for this to actually occur.

KennedyHawk

KennedyHawk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1890 posts

just a thought as well.  while the situation you described seems advantageous to the player  with redeploy, keep in mind that if I were your opponent I would try and wait out the kill until you had activated your other characters. So, it might not be so likely for this to actually occur.

Yup but this opens a whole level of mind game. If there is a character I need around for spotting or an ability I'll often throw my upgrades on another character, this makes them a target, with redploy it can play games even further.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rules