Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Shaper Agnok deck thread

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Ultramarines

Ultramarines

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

I played a Shaper Agnok deck for the first time in the Apoka league and well.. as expected I didn't do so well.  In order to trigger Shaper Agnok's ability you have to lose command, and over time your opponent will be rich and stump you with all his units.  The ability to get 1 card or res isn't enough for me to play all the cards I want, and if not for Carnivore Pack it'd be even more lopsided.

Here's my deck.  I am thinking about starting over and going with mostly elites with hunter's ploy instead of having to rely on Agnok's ability because it's very unreliable and oftentimes not enough.  Any critiques / suggestions welcome.

Shaper Agnok

Army (30)
4x Agnok's Shadows (Promise of War)
3x Carnivore Pack (Core Set)
3x Earth Caste Technician (Core Set)
3x Kroot Hounds (Breaching the Veil)
3x Kroot Hunter (The Final Gambit)
2x Rampaging Knarloc (Overrun)
3x Recon Drone (Core Set)
3x Sniper Drone Team (Slash and Burn)
3x Trap Laying Hunter (Stars Aligned)
3x Vior'la Marksman (Core Set)
Attachment (8)
2x Auxiliary Armor (Boundless Hate)
2x Heavy Marker Drone (Zogwort's Curse)
3x Ion Rifle (Core Set)
1x Vanguard Pack (Promise of War)
Event (9)
2x Behind Enemy Lines (Promise of War)
1x Consumed by the Kindred (Enemy Territory)
1x Even the Odds (Core Set)
1x For the Tau'va (Descendants of Isha)
2x Guerrilla Tactics (Stars Aligned)
2x Tactical Withdrawal (Slash and Burn)
Support (4)
2x Ambush Platform (Core Set)
1x Evolutionary Adaptation (Promise of War)
1x Smuggler's Den (Enemy Territory)

Created with: www.conquestdb.com

Koldro

Koldro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

I played Agnok against Itsdrake in the 3rd round of Renewed Faith.

A full no-command deck (except from Recon Drones).

1/ GuessWePlayL5R advice about Inquisitor Caius Wroth is nice. I recommend him. ^^ I cut off 4 cards from Drake's hand. Your opponent is winning command after all.

2/ I didn't have enough punch to really threaten enough P1. Ultramarine, the addition of Ambush Platform + Smuggler's Den seems like what I should have included for that game and in general.

3/ It's a tricky warlord to play. I don't think Drake was never "in danger" with Kith, but I saw a lot of misplays in my game. I could have performed far better. (If I didn't lose Arrangement at Elova IV and Gundrone first turn to double murderbird!! I hate random discard! It's stupid, it involves 0 skill and it's sheer luck ^^)

One thing Ultramarine about your deck: I really suggest going up to x3 Guerrilla Tactics. You can't go wrong with it. Even if you don't really need it, you still can deploy somewhere else then move back to P1, just to destabilize.