Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

traxissector.com

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

dnapolitano

dnapolitano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts

POPULAR

Traxissector.com, a Warhammer 40,000 Conquest deckbuilder and community website is now live.

http://www.traxissector.com
  • sammann11, Asklepios, Caldera and 14 others like this

WarFather

WarFather

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Well done!

• MightyToenail likes this

warder808

warder808

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Looks good. 

Now to make decks with Apoka cards . . . oh wait. Not there yet. 

I guess I can make other decks for now.

• killaszit and MightyToenail like this

dnapolitano

dnapolitano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Looks good. 

Now to make decks with Apoka cards . . . oh wait. Not there yet. 

I guess I can make other decks for now.

Thank you,

I invited Apoka to include their fan-made content on the site in late February but they have declined. So their cards will not be available on the site.

For others developing fan-made content I will have my policy up in the next several months.

Dietzen

Dietzen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Thank you,I invited Apoka to include their fan-made content on the site in late February but they have declined. So their cards will not be available on the site.For others developing fan-made content I will have my policy up in the next several months.

That's really a shame, we need a site with every card available :-\

Stefan2581

Stefan2581

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

They declined... interesting. Another sign.

warder808

warder808

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Ok. Asked and answered.

Dietzen

Dietzen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

They declined... interesting. Another sign.

Of the impending apocalypse?

MightyToenail

MightyToenail

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1164 posts
Why would they decline?

dnapolitano

dnapolitano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts

At the risk of stating something incorrectly, my understanding from our communication and a recent article Apoka linked on Facebook, their vision for the future of Conquest is a federated community under the umbrella of Apoka-designed cards.  I believe this comes from a concern that multiple fan-made content will fracture the community. 

If I have this correct, then that would put their vision in conflict with the vision of traxissector.com as I have designed it.  My vision is intended to put foremost the FFG created content and maintain the legacy of the game, primarily because newer players aren't able to differentiate between legacy and fan-made.  In addition, to keep the game alive, I support fan-made content by allowing members to select which fan-made content, if any, that they want to see within the website and use. It is intended to support an alliance of designers and give the members choice.

Apoka has their cards on conquestdb and as it stands those are the only fan made content supported within their deckbuilder, so they have no incentive or need to have their cards on my site.  

• MightyToenail likes this

GasPoweredStick

GasPoweredStick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

I must say, this has substantially lowered my opinion of Apoka. This is much less a "we're all in this together" approach and much more a "we are making the cards".

I'm not trying to start another war between card group, but I dislike this move.

• Ratadin, Stefan2581 and mobj like this

dnapolitano

dnapolitano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Keep in mind that this is me distilling down a personal communication from them and an article.  I'd urge people to contact them directly if they have questions or want a full explanation of their vision in their words. Its not something I wish to get involved in and am happy either way - hosting a fans cards or not. My intent here is just to answer the question as I understand it in order to keep this thread on track and let it be clear that my intention is still to continue to support fan-made content.  

Also visit the site :) and contact me with any suggestions or feedback.

• Ratadin, Caldera, Stefan2581 and 5 others like this

mobj

mobj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

I must say, this has substantially lowered my opinion of Apoka. This is much less a "we're all in this together" approach and much more a "we are making the cards".

I'm not trying to start another war between card group, but I dislike this move.

Are you really surprised? From everything I've seen, its been patently obvious from day 1 that Apoka's agenda has been about promoting and establishing itself above all else, rather than the benefit of the Conquest community as it ostensibly maintains. This approach to me is simply consistent with their business objective of dominating the market - to what end I'm not yet sure, although if I were a betting man I'd wager the end goal is an eventual approach to FFG to obtain the Conquest LCG licence.  

• Stefan2581 likes this

Intolerance

Intolerance

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

I don't think there are any crazy agendas. Lets just live and let be without this stuff over again. Site looks great.

• Caldera, MightyToenail and junglecat like this

Dietzen

Dietzen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Are you really surprised? From everything I've seen, its been patently obvious from day 1 that Apoka's agenda has been about promoting and establishing itself above all else, rather than the benefit of the Conquest community as it ostensibly maintains. This approach to me is simply consistent with their business objective of dominating the market - to what end I'm not yet sure, although if I were a betting man I'd wager the end goal is an eventual approach to FFG to obtain the Conquest LCG licence.

Yea no.. that's what the BCL did and a lot of their followers​ did everything they could to put down Apoka and their efforts.
As to the latter part of your post, let's leave out the conspiracy theories please

SmoothCriminal15

SmoothCriminal15

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts
Double post.

SmoothCriminal15

SmoothCriminal15

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Yea no.. that's what the BCL did and a lot of their followers​ did everything they could to put down Apoka and their efforts.
As to the latter part of your post, let's leave out the conspiracy theories please

I think that these comments go directly against the spirit of this post and the project that Dan has graciously taken it upon himself to complete on behalf of the community.
Can we not have the "us vs then" here? Dan and his efforts deserve better.
  • tdnordine, Veetek, Skyknight and 1 other like this

mobj

mobj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

True, this is not the time nor the place, apologies. The deckbuilder is amazing.

I think that these comments go directly against the spirit of this post and the project that Dan has graciously taken it upon himself to complete on behalf of the community.

• SmoothCriminal15 likes this

tdnordine

tdnordine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Joey as the voice of reason?...isn'the that one of the signs of the apocalypse?
  • SlaaneshDevotee likes this

SmoothCriminal15

SmoothCriminal15

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Joey as the voice of reason?...isn'the that one of the signs of the apocalypse?

Hahah. I got out of hand ONE TIME! And that's all anyone remembers :P
  • SlaaneshDevotee likes this