Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

BCL - APOKA

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

sammann11

sammann11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 583 posts

POPULAR

Karl and I have been talking at length and have mutually agreed the teams will continue on separately. This is a great community and both teams' sets of cards have been well received. We both hope to keep the excitement up and will communicate regularly so that all players, no matter which expansion they prefer, will be satisfied. Long live Conquest!
  • Caldera, Veetek, Gosgosh and 11 others like this

martinsmudge

martinsmudge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

As someone who would like to continue playing (local playerbase dependant) i find myself not wanted to dip back in for the reason that i dont like having 2 design teams. When other games have continued after the official ending the player base rallied behind one single team. It worked well for both the Star Wars games (decipher and WOTC) and both games have new cards produced, tournament structure etc.

I believe ego's might have to go down the toilet for the good of the game and maybe people just take stock of what is needed for the game to continue.

Players want new content. That is one thing that is almost certain. Without it a game dies.

Apoka have shown they are in a perfect position to provide that.

Players also want a tournament structure. They like to have prizes as a reward for playing.

BCL are in the perfect position to provide that.

So here is a proposal that i believe might work for the good of the players,

Apoka create the new regular content. They create all the (semi) monthly release schedule packs and boxed sets.

BCL provide the tournament structure. They also provide their cards as the official prize support. These cards are the ones that fix any weaker warlords as per their stated goal, They run online leagues etc and both their prize support card and Apoka's are allowed. They become the custodians of the rules of the game

Provided both groups can manage to work together each respecting how and why the other group works and what their role within the community is then both groups stated aims stay true and the players get the very best from both groups who seem equally passionate about the game continuing.

• Caldera and Rinabros like this