Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

He doesn't like you. Rules question.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Petforces

Petforces

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

So I know some effect are weird like Jetpack that Don't require a dice to still gain the shield. So I was wondering if I have no dice in play can I play He doesn't like you to remove one of my opponents die?

Was a rules question posted it in wrong spot sorry. Don't know how to delete this post.

Queklaine

Queklaine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

No it doesn't work.  Its in the wording of the card.  Basically jet pack tells you to "do this and that."  He doesn't like you says "do this TO do that."  In other words, you have to meet the initial condition and do the first part of the card to trigger the following portion of it.  With jet pack you could remove a melee die and not take the shield as well and it would be the same thing although doing that doesn't really make sense unless you were maxed on shields already.

• Petforces likes this

Abyssalfury

Abyssalfury

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Unfortunately there's not really much consistency in the cards, but the 'Remove one of your dice' is a cost, and 'Remove one of your opponent's dice' is the effect. Basically, if there is a 'to' or 'then' in there, you need to do the first part before you can get the second part.

Jetpack, on the other hand, just does two different things - it removes a melee dice and gives the character a shield. You don't have to do everything to resolve the effect, though you have to be able to resolve some of it. However if it was written 'Remove a dice showing melee to give attached character a shield', you'd need to satisfy the first part of the effect before getting the second one.

Also, regarding Jetpack - you do have to resolve the entire effect. You can't choose to resolve just the melee part and not take the shield, as there's no 'may' in there. Right now this isn't particularly relevant, but could be if, for example, the opponent has the special on Kylo Ren's Lightsaber, that is rerolled if it does damage to shields.

• Petforces likes this

Petforces

Petforces

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

I figured it couldn't but I was in a game last knight were it came up. And my opponent tried to play that on me with no dice. So we wanted to make sure because if it worked he won, but if it didn't I won.

ikeebear

ikeebear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Also, regarding Jetpack - you do have to resolve the entire effect. You can't choose to resolve just the melee part and not take the shield, as there's no 'may' in there. Right now this isn't particularly relevant, but could be if, for example, the opponent has the special on Kylo Ren's Lightsaber, that is rerolled if it does damage to shields.

Conversely, if you have a melee die showing and your opponent has none and you want to resolve the special to get a shield, you must remove your melee die.