Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What format should unofficial worlds be

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Poll: Worlds 2018 and forward (57 member(s) have cast votes)

What format should the unofficial worlds be after 2017?

1. Legacy Only (22 votes [25.88%])

Percentage of vote: 25.88%

2. Legacy + Apoka (29 votes [34.12%])

Percentage of vote: 34.12%

3. Legacy + Apoka minus their Warlords (1 votes [1.18%])

Percentage of vote: 1.18%

4. Legacy + BCL (12 votes [14.12%])

Percentage of vote: 14.12%

5. Legacy + BCL + Apoka (8 votes [9.41%])

Percentage of vote: 9.41%

6. Legacy + BCL + Apoka minus their Warlords (1 votes [1.18%])

Percentage of vote: 1.18%

7. Legacy + Just 1 card a year from new World Champions (12 votes [14.12%])

Percentage of vote: 14.12%

Vote Guests cannot vote

GrimgorIronhide

GrimgorIronhide

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Like I said in the Road to Words thread, I trust the current champions to run a good Worlds this year with Legacy only format. 

Legacy being Official Fantasy Flight Conquest cards only (this includes champion cards). 

People seem torn on what to do after this year. 

I would like to add an option of "Legacy + Just 1 card a year from new World Champions" 

Same old Vanilla that everyone loves with just a pinch of new spice. 

dnapolitano

dnapolitano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts

I don't see the option that I would choose.  That is, given that the worlds is unofficial, anybody can run a worlds.  The organizers determine format and people can elect to play or not. 

Were somebody to run a 'Legacy' Worlds, then I would expect it to use only Legacy cards.  Having it carry on champion designed cards as you suggest being an option is a nice touch, but these cards should be vetted and that then begs the question of who is managing the tournament and the card design vetting.  I'm all for anybody that picks that up and I'll happily put each card up on traxissector.com.  In a Legacy Worlds, I think it would be nice if the winner of a BCL Worlds and the winner of an Apoka Worlds and the winner of any other fan-made worlds gets a first round bye.  

In terms of the two sets being played together, I can't see how that wouldn't be broken. A Legacy Worlds organizer could do a fun side World Eaters event for this.  Again, I'd put that to the people putting in the actual effort to organize and run it.

• steinerp, Caldera, WarFather and 2 others like this

Intolerance

Intolerance

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Think he's just trying to solicit community feedback to propose one.

The number of options you have may splinter the vote. For example, people who want legacy are probably also happy with legacy + new champion cards but divided would compare unfavourably against something else.

It's also pretty early for 2018 planning. After GKZhukov wins the 2017 Worlds 2 with Starblaze it's going to reinvigorate interest in the Legacy meta.

• Caldera, dnapolitano, SlaaneshDevotee and 2 others like this

FerrusManus

FerrusManus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Same old Vanilla that everyone loves with just a pinch of new spice.

You mean "same old kith win again because FFF fail to balance her"? :D
  • Caldera, SoulTsunami and veezya like this

GasPoweredStick

GasPoweredStick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

You cn vote for multiplte options. I did.
I don;t mind too much if Kith wins, it's mrpoe if half the players are kith, and they all do well that I'm more afraid of.

I also most afraid of SM ambush

FerrusManus

FerrusManus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

You cn vote for multiplte options. I did.
I don;t mind too much if Kith wins, it's mrpoe if half the players are kith, and they all do well that I'm more afraid of.
I also most afraid of SM ambush

But why we have half of kith? Just because she damn good - chok, countrol, swarm and etc.

For how i see it - if there will be no new cards available we will play same meta FOR YEARS. And i dont like current legacy meta.

• veezya likes this

Eu8L1ch

Eu8L1ch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Multiple votes are better to exclude undesired options than they are to choose one.

Spoiler

The result, right now, points to the following:

- Organising Worlds with a "Legacy" format would make roughly 54% of the players unhappy;

- Organising Worlds with an "Apoka" format would make roughly 59% of the players unhappy;

- Organising Worlds with a "BCL" format would make roughly 71% of the players unhappy.

It should also be considered that the number of voters is low compared to the target number for a "Worlds" tournament, and that there is (obviously) a bias towards people still checking the forum/FB page.

Kaloo

Kaloo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Assuming everyone knew about the possibility to vote multiple times

I wont lie, I initially thought you could only vote once so I voted for the format that I felt would best serve the community. When I realised that it accepted multiple votes I changed my vote to include all of the options that I'd be willing to participate in.

I'd be curious to see how many of the Legacy voters also voted elsewhere, and how many Apoka/BCL voters didn't also vote Legacy

steinerp

steinerp

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 833 posts

42 people voted a total of 68 votes as of right now.  So most people only voted once.  Personally I voted for 3.

Kaloo

Kaloo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 941 posts

42 people voted a total of 68 votes as of right now.  So most people only voted once.  Personally I voted for 3.

I also voted for 3 (and I suspect we voted for the same 3 :P )

• steinerp likes this

Skyknight

Skyknight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

I also voted for 3 (and I suspect we voted for the same 3 :P )

Is that from him?

Stefan2581

Stefan2581

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Now the possible 1 vote is split amongst 3 choices.

Not very representative poll.

Eu8L1ch

Eu8L1ch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Stefan, it's representative of what people don't want to play with.