Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Which expansions/chapter packs to get?

- - - - - chapter packs new player

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

luke0107

luke0107

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I've recently begun playing with a friend. I'm really into it and would like to look into getting more cards. So what should i get? Which chapter packs are best? Should i get some chapter packs or expansions first? I mainly play Martell but I don't mind any other faction. Thanks for the help

Vrgmaister

Vrgmaister

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Core Set and Deluxe House Expansions(Lanni, Stark, NW for now) should be imho a priority because in a year or two small packs will rotate out.

Abyss

Abyss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

I believe rotation is at least a couple of years away, so I wouldn't worry about it at this stage.

Anyway, yeah 3 x Core Set. Definitely get the house expansion if you want to play that house, otherwise they are less of a priority (though all three have some pretty important cards).

There's some packs that you'll want to look at because of strong neutral cards - e.g. Calm over Westeros (Nightmares), There is my Claim (Valar Morghulis) or Oberyn's Revenge (Flea Bottom). These will go in a lot of decks, and you'll get other good cards as well.

After that it probably depends on which faction(s) you want to play. Most packs have at least a few 'power' cards for various factions. For Martell The Road to Winterfell has to be number 1 (Nymeria Sand), and The Road to Astapor is probably number 2 (Dornish Fiefdom). After that there's some other good options, but depends on what exactly you want to play.

• Jeffreywhams likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chapter packs, new player