Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Cycle buying advice?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Jreilly89

Jreilly89

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

So I only have the Core Set and the first two adventure packs for the Shadows of Mirkwood cycle. I plan on finishing that cycle out, but am not sure if I want to go for the Dwarrowdelf next or jump to the Angmar Awakened cycle. Is there anything wrong with going to Angmar Awakened?

slothgodfather

slothgodfather

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2951 posts

Well, you'd be missing out on awesome heroes like Aragorn, Bifur, Elladan, Elrohir, Elrond, Glorfindel and Hama. 

Awesome staple allies like Arwen, Bofur, Master of the Forge and Warden of Healing. 

Attachments such as Asfaloth, Light of Valinor, Legacy of Durin, Rivendel Blade, Rivendell Bow, Sword that was Broken and Vilya. 

Events such as Daeron's Runes, Elrond's Counsel and Hands Upon the Bow.

To be sure, there are also awesome cards in the Angmar cycle, but with each cycle FFG introduces a new or varied mechanic to the normal game.  I believe the Agnmar Cycle is the first to introduce the new encounter card and player cards called Side Quests - which are amazing.  Jumping that far ahead could lead to some confusion with so many new things being used at once.  

In general, it seems to be recommended to experience the game in order of release, so you can learn the game and watch the progress of the developers at the same time.  Also, the later quests are designed with the idea that you have all previous cards before.  I'm not sure how critical that is honestly, but it is something to consider.

• Jreilly89 and yuripeixoto like this

Jreilly89

Jreilly89

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

That's fair, I think I will stick with that and pick up Khazad Dum next.

• slothgodfather likes this