Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mage wars request

Mage wars

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Koz

Koz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
Also, I caught an error on the card Turned to Stone. It has a cost listed as 2/3 in the summary but it's actually 2/4 as seen on the card.

Darksbane

Darksbane

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3594 posts
Everything is currently working right now except for submitting it to the site. I plan on working on that this weekend and hopefully having it opend up for beta soon. As far as the new cards go that shouldn't be an issue, I can get the cards in fairly quickly, especally since the mage wars guys are providing me the images.
  • Deefer likes this

Deefer

Deefer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Well I be able to load a saved deck (not necessarily my own), tweak it and save it as my own? If not, that would be a great feature. Can't wait to try it out.

Slamdunk74

Slamdunk74

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I have the game and enjoy it very much. There are currently four Mages with a new expansion due out soon with two more Mages and another 200+ cards for them. I'm hearing it will be about $40.00. But at this point of my enjoyment that seems not to be a hinderence. Over the few games I've played my son usually defeats me because he seems to grasp card combinations better than I do. He has his one core game and we talk about the various uses. He tells me that I need to open my mind up to allowing my mages to use those dark arts spells... (LOL) (I just can't grasp a priestess calling up a dark demon.. but oh well, guess that's why I get beat.)
It is a wonderfully fun mixture of LCG / CCG / minis. You have a controlled area (the arena), two will enter and only one leaves. The game has huge possibilities and is just simply fun to play and freet over. Now this site allows me to review cards during slow times at various places while I wait for (insert various things from wife shopping to return calls from the switch)

Deefer

Deefer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I can haz now?
how 'bout now?

Bjorne

Bjorne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I can't seem to find "Deathlock" in the database.

Darksbane

Darksbane

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3594 posts
Deathlock has been added in.
A very betaish version of the deck builder is working with the exception of the online submission. Right now you must be logged in to see it, no guest access at the moment.
Fairly straightforward, choose a mage, search for cards.
The adjusted cost for each card is shown.
+ to add that card to your deck.
Once in your deck a + or - to adjust its count.
Some simple stats are shown in graphs at the bottom of the page.
You can export the deck as bbcode, save it as a text file and save it online.

Things I'm working on:
Show whether a deck is legal, I don't want to stop illegal decks from being built (I like to give people the option to build decks for variants) but I would like to show the legality of the deck as you are building it.
Only showing your last 10 saved decks, need to add the load older decks link in.
Need to finish the online submission.
Need to coordinate with the mage wars guys as I'd like to have an export option specifically for their site/forums that will do card popups automatically for them.
The search could use some more options, but Mage Wars is a beast with the tons of stats on a card so I'm considering better ways to do it.

http://www.cardgamed...rs-deck-builder

Bjorne

Bjorne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Very nice work. Thanks for putting this up!

IvanHo

IvanHo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Very nice!

Feature request: You already show the number of times each card is in the Core Set. Could this be expanded to Core Spell Tomes etc?
Perhaps even a possibility to say tick of that you have 1 Core, 2 Spell tome one, 1 spell tome two available and then just get the total number available.

Also: I totally need to change my "main game" to Mage Wars :) (but can't)

Let us know if you need anything specific tested.

IvanHo

IvanHo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Edit: My mistake. No bug.

Small bug: Calculating the cost of "OR" type cards takes the more expensive option. Should take the less expensive.

Recreate: Choose beastmaster (or wizard, any type), then add elemental wand.

IvanHo

IvanHo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
This time it's genuine:

When I have to change the drop down for the wizard (air, fire, ...) I get no reaction unless I right-click it first. Then it works (also with left-click) until I click elsewhere.

Firefox 18.0.1 (for Ubuntu canonical 1.0).

Darksbane

Darksbane

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3594 posts

This time it's genuine: When I have to change the drop down for the wizard (air, fire, ...) I get no reaction unless I right-click it first. Then it works (also with left-click) until I click elsewhere. Firefox 18.0.1 (for Ubuntu canonical 1.0).

freckin firefox. Anyway I think this is fixed, specific function was working on IE and Chrome but turning off the dropdown in Firefox.

Booored

Booored

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts
+ for MW deckbuilder. Darkbane is the man as always... might need a summon wars card list soon as well :P

Keggy

Keggy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
I find it funny that this thread has infinitely more action than the mage wars forums here.

Koz

Koz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
Any word on when this will be done? Expansion comes out tomorrow...

I know that this probably got put on the back burner so that you could get the Star Wars deck builder done but that seems to be done so I'm hoping this will be done soon as well.

timisawesome

timisawesome

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
i have suggestion for the mw deckbuilder. i think it would be helpful if the plus and minus for the cards were separated. perhaps on each side of the card. that would make it easier for mobile device users to update decks.

i have really appreciated your hard work on making this cool utility available for all of us. outside of testing, how can i help?

Locusshifter

Locusshifter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
Is the Mage Wars builder now dead?

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Conquest Rules Arbitrator

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3289 posts

Is the Mage Wars builder now dead?

Yes Darksbane stopped production on it due to issues and has dropped Mage Wars altogether to focus on the LCGs

Locusshifter

Locusshifter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Yes Darksbane stopped production on it due to issues and has dropped Mage Wars altogether to focus on the LCGs

Yeah, I caught up on what's happening over in the AW forums. Guess they've decided if they don't have complete control over the product that it won't happen.

Hopefully this means Drew can finally, fully, update the WI builder :)

pirotrav

pirotrav

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey guys,

I wrote an App a while ago that does most of what Darksbane did if not more. However, because of the accessibility of Darksbane's app, and the work that needs to be done on mine I didn't release it. But being that his no longer exists, I will release it now. It should be fully functional, there are just some small things I want to polish up. In any case, take a look. It supports core and forcemaster vs warlord. Also, be sure to extract the zip file, otherwise the exception handling in the program will throw an error.
https://www.dropbox....ge_wars_1_0.zip

Enjoy!
~Travis
  • Ratatoskr likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mage wars