Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Who and Why?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Skelton

Skelton

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2090 posts
So the game has been out a little over a year now and we have had a whole bunch of investigators to fool around with. I am curious as to who you have enjoyed the most and why?

Carthoris

Carthoris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Nice topic. 

I loved playing Pete until Duke got sacrificed. What a tragedy.

I'm really excited about playing my first Jim Culver deck, which I'll throw into "The Phantom of Truth" with my daughter's Zoe. (My Rex was knocked out by "The Unspeakable Oath.") It's excellently thematic; he's already in Paris playing in clubs, and Zoe always dreamed of studying haute cuisine, before she started dreaming of black stars and yellow signs.

Skelton

Skelton

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2090 posts
I understand the Pete issue. I had managed to get all the way through the Dunwich campaign and then lost my dog in the final scenario. I think Pete just gave up and was lost in the ether. Terrible shame.

I like Jim a lot as well and he is my choice when we finally manage to head to Carcossa. His ability is pretty damned strong and potentially very fun.

I have enjoyed Roland a lot since the core days and Zoey can be a lot of fun as well. I do need to attempt to use the Criminal characters as well as Syndicate were my faction of choice in the CoC LCG.

slothgodfather

slothgodfather

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2951 posts

Lola - she can do anything.  and her Role switching makes it a game in and of itself. 

DeepOneRising

DeepOneRising

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

If I'm playing solo, I'm all about Agnes! I like how all around she can be with her spells and how horribly wrong things can go when the spells find themselves at the bottom of the deck. The inherent risk of using spells is also a very fun aspect for me. Jenny and "Ashcan" are also solo favorites, Jenny getting really close to Agnes for me.

When playing with others, Mark is just an awesome, fun monster killer! His card draw for getting damaged is amazing! The Sophie mechanic is just so clever! And 5 combat?? Yes please!!! What a great companion for Rex!

My candidate that's rising quickly in the ranks, Sefina! Rogues and Mystics have a lot of fun events for her to throw around and that opening hand is just fantastic to start with!

• FreakFire74 likes this