Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[Ruling] I Am No One

* * * * * 1 votes

Best Answer colonialbob , 28 April 2018 - 12:30 PM

A couple of follow-up questions:

1) It was previously ruled that Sweet Donnell Hill removed one instance of each keyword. I assume that ruling is now changed?

2) If I play I Am No One on my Bastard in Hiding, and then my opponent uses Pay the Iron Price to put a Motley from my discard pile onto my Bastard in Hiding, does he have the Fool trait or no? (In other words, does "lose all traits" mean they lose all instances of each trait *they have*, or all instances of *every trait*?)

1. Yes, this ruling also applies to Sweet Donnel Hill—he will remove each instance of each keyword.

2. He will not have the Fool trait—“lose all traits” causes him to lose each instance of each trait.

[Danny Schaefer, 28.04.2018]

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

mplain

mplain

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1412 posts
Does "lose all traits" mean "lose one instance of each trait", or "lose all instances of each trait"?
e.g. in case a Knight character gets Knighted (the attachment).

I Am No One

Action: Choose a character you control with printed cost 3 or lower. Until the end of the phase, that character loses all faction affiliations and Traits, gains insight and stealth, and does not kneel when declared as an attacker.

istaril

istaril

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1741 posts

This occured in 1st edition, and was ruled as "one instance of each". I wouldn't necessarily expect that ruling to carry over, though. 

Odrl

Odrl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

It was ruled to be "one instance of each" with Sweet Donnel Hill, so it should be the same here.

istaril

istaril

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1741 posts

It was ruled to be "one instance of each" with Sweet Donnel Hill, so it should be the same here.

Oh, I must have missed that. That'd seem to settle it then.

mplain

mplain

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1412 posts

My concern is that the ruling on Sweet Donnel Hill was made by Nate, i'd just like to know we're on the same page with Danny on this.

colonialbob

colonialbob

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

My concern is that the ruling on Sweet Donnel Hill was made by Nate, i'd just like to know we're on the same page with Danny on this.

We're not!

“Lose all traits” means “lose each instance of each trait.” A character targeted by “I Am No One” would end up with no traits. (I will be looking into the possibility of clarifying this in a future rules update.)

[Danny Schaefer, 18.04.2018]

Odrl

Odrl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Does that mean the ruling on Sweet Donnel Hill is changed as well?

colonialbob

colonialbob

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
✓  Best Answer
A couple of follow-up questions:

1) It was previously ruled that Sweet Donnell Hill removed one instance of each keyword. I assume that ruling is now changed?

2) If I play I Am No One on my Bastard in Hiding, and then my opponent uses Pay the Iron Price to put a Motley from my discard pile onto my Bastard in Hiding, does he have the Fool trait or no? (In other words, does "lose all traits" mean they lose all instances of each trait *they have*, or all instances of *every trait*?)

1. Yes, this ruling also applies to Sweet Donnel Hill—he will remove each instance of each keyword.

2. He will not have the Fool trait—“lose all traits” causes him to lose each instance of each trait.

[Danny Schaefer, 28.04.2018]

• mplain, Odrl and ystros like this