Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[Ruling] Hagen's Daughter + Dracarys

- - - - -

Best Answer mplain , 12 July 2018 - 06:44 AM

If Hagen's Daughter is killed by Dracarys!, can I save her via her ability? Does returning her to shadows (i.e. removing her from play) remedy the ongoing terminal condition?

Yes. Returning Hagen’s Daughter to shadows remedies the terminal condition, so you can use her ability to save her from Dracarys!

If Hagen's Daughter is killed by an effect that says "cannot be saved" (e.g. Wildfire Assault), can I trigger her ability? She would not be saved, but would she return to shadows? The effects "save" and "return to shadows" seem to be independent from one another (there is no "Then").

No, you cannot trigger her ability. The Rules Reference entry for Save states: "If an aspect of an ability that removes a card from play is followed by the text "cannot be saved," players cannot attempt to save that card.” Initiating the ability on Hagen’s Daughter constitutes an “attempt to save” her, and therefore the ability cannot be initiated.

[Danny Schaefer, 12.07.2018]

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

mplain

mplain

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1366 posts

If Hagen's Daughter is killed by Dracarys!, can I save her via her ability? Does returning her to shadows (i.e. removing her from play) remedy the ongoing terminal condition?

If Hagen's Daughter is killed by an effect that says "cannot be saved" (e.g. Wildfire Assault), can I trigger her ability? She would not be saved, but would she return to shadows? The effects "save" and "return to shadows" seem to be independent from one another (there is no "Then").

Hagen's Daughter

Shadow (2).
Interrupt: When Hagen’s Daughter would be killed, save her and return her to shadows.

mplain

mplain

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1366 posts
✓  Best Answer

Yes. Returning Hagen’s Daughter to shadows remedies the terminal condition, so you can use her ability to save her from Dracarys!

No, you cannot trigger her ability. The Rules Reference entry for Save states: "If an aspect of an ability that removes a card from play is followed by the text "cannot be saved," players cannot attempt to save that card.” Initiating the ability on Hagen’s Daughter constitutes an “attempt to save” her, and therefore the ability cannot be initiated.

[Danny Schaefer, 12.07.2018]