Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Brainiac and gained numerical abilities

brainiac numeric abilities gain

Best Answer Caal , 06 September 2018 - 07:23 PM

My take : as you can transfer gained icons with Echo Cavern, you can modify the gained numeral in edge(1) as Brainiac doesn’t specify « printed numéral » Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

medfreeman

medfreeman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Brainiac:

Action: Until the end of the phase, increase or decrease a numeral on a target non-objective card in play by 1. (Limit once per turn.)

The Flight of the Crow:

Each unique Jedi unit gains edge [1] while it is attacking. 

If a unit which doesn't have Edge[x] as printed text gains Edge[1] through the crow's objective, or any other similar effect, can Brainiac transform this to Edge[2] ?

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3914 posts
My gut is that this doesn't work, but I need to find time to go through prior rulings to see if there's actual precedent.
  • tup likes this

medfreeman

medfreeman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts
I was of the same opinion, but the other version has its merits too, supported by a good number of my fellow players.
After searching for a long time, i couldn't find any reference to any ruling about this.
The only thing was a post from mattropolis in team covenant spoilers thread about brainiac where he mentions that brainiac could boost himself to edge 2 from crow's edge 1.

Caal

Caal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
✓  Best Answer
My take : as you can transfer gained icons with Echo Cavern, you can modify the gained numeral in edge(1) as Brainiac doesn’t specify « printed numéral »
  • medfreeman likes this

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3914 posts

My take : as you can transfer gained icons with Echo Cavern, you can modify the gained numeral in edge(1) as Brainiac doesn’t specify « printed numéral »

That exactly the precedent I was looking for (and why I don't answer things with my "gut feelings").  It works.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: brainiac, numeric, abilities, gain