Legend of the Five Rings 1:00 p.m.
The Gold Squadron Classic is the first of many Gold Squadron large scale events. For our first event we will be running a charity of event to support the Boy Scout of America. All proceeds from this event will go towards Troop 301 and players will be very much rewarded for their participation. Legend of the Five Rings will be one of the featured games at this event.
• The tournament will be played over a number of Swiss rounds with a cut to Single elimination rounds to determine a winner.
• Swiss Rounds: 60 minutes each Single Elimination Rounds (except Final): 60 minutes each Final Single Elimination Round: 100 minutes
• Each player must build one dynasty and one conflict deck, select one stronghold and five provinces, and may use their clan’s role card in a tournament. The clan affiliation of a player’s chosen stronghold is the clan affiliation for both of his or her decks and his or her selected provinces. It also determines which role the player may use. Each dynasty deck must contain a minimum of 40 and a maximum of 45 cards. A dynasty deck can include only in-clan and neutral cards. Each conflict deck must contain a minimum of 40 and a maximum of 45 cards. A conflict deck can include in-clan and neutral cards. It can also include out-of-faction cards—from a single faction—up to the maximum influence allowed on the player’s chosen stronghold. A conflict deck cannot include more than 10 character cards total. A player cannot include more than 3 copies of a single card, by title, in any combination of their dynasty and conflict decks. A player must choose exactly five provinces, one associated with each of the five rings. All chosen provinces must be in-clan or neutral. A player may include their clan’s role card, a non-Keeper/ Seeker role (such as Support of the Phoenix), or no role when selecting cards for their decks and provinces. Role cards alter the deck building rules described herein. The roles for each clan can be found on our website at FantasyFlightGames. com/OP/L5R-LCG/Roles. Players must use the same dynasty deck, conflict deck, stronghold, five provinces, and role card for the duration of the tournament.
• Players are responsible for bringing all of the game components they need to play a game of Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game. This includes all cards, sleeves, and tokens. They should make sure that they have legal decks. When a deck list is required, players should bring a completed list or arrive at the venue early to fill one out.
• Event Entry is $25 an ALL players will receive participation prizes with additional prizes awarded based on record. Prizes include...
• L5R Championship Plaque
• Top 4 Championship L5R Backpacks featuring Argyle Art.
• FFG Community Spot Gloss Acrylic Promo Cards (TBA)
• FFG Participation Prize Promo Card (TBA)
• Custom Steve Argyle Scorpian Playmat
• Prize Wall Raffle Tickets (Raffle tickets will be used to acquire any prize items donated to the event. These will include but are not limited to Star Wars Action figures, Official POP Merch, Custom Playmats, Gift Cards, FFG Promo cards, Acrylic game tokens. As more donations customs in this list will grow.
• The Boyscouts will be providing us with a huge spacious venue. They will have food & drink available through out the day and will even deliver it to you! Adult beverages will be able for those 21 and older. Vendors will be on hand to buy and sell star wars merchandise.
• When- Saturday September 22nd
• Where- Loyal Order of the Moose
• Address- 3625 S Harlem Ave, Berwyn, IL 60402
• Registration & Roll Call- 12:00-12:45 p.m.
• Round 1 Start- 1:00 p.m. Sharp (don't be late)
• Phone- 708-989-5456