Hello Star Wars LCG Community,
For the past several months, the Council which was nominated by the community has been working behind the scenes to determine the best way to move forward now that FFG’s involvement with the Star Wars LCG has ended. The community has always been one of the best parts of the game. We want to make sure we move in a direction that has the support of the majority of players. Here are our initial plans.
1. The Council has basically broken ourselves down into 4 different teams for now. There are teams for Organized Play, Design and Development, Rules, and Community.
2. We plan to continue using cardgamedb as the main community forum for the game. It is possible we will start a separate website in the future, but as far as we can tell most of the online traffic for the game runs through cardgamedb (and has for years). For now we have decided it is best to just utilize this site rather than try to migrate over to another one.
3. Organized Play –We plan to organize an online/Skype tournament using the entire card pool. Details will be coming soon. We are exploring options for possible IRL major events in the future.
4. The Legends Cycle – The Council is aware that many people have physical copies of the cycle distributed by Colby. We are going to create a thread on cardgamedb specifically to get input on these cards. We want to know people’s experiences with the cards (as there were a lot of cards that people got access to at once) since a lot of folks already have them in hand. We want people who have played with the cards to give feedback and propose possible edits. Essentially we are asking the community at large to be involved with Beta playtesting of these cards before we finalize things for official use going forward. We do anticipate having to make changes to some cards to keep things balanced.
5. Champions designed cards – While the concept of replacement cards is intriguing, we have decided to go a different route with these cards. We have approached the creators of these cards about working with the Council’s Design and Development Team to make entire sets designed around their existing champion cards. This way we will not have to worry about replacement cards breaking the game unintentionally. We also may offer other winners a chance to be involved with designing a card/set down the line.
6. Future card design - Thanks to Andy (Fullyops) we already have some content for a new wave of cards but we want to hear from you regarding the theme or direction you would like to see. We plan to solicit input from the community at large as we determine what direction card design should take going forward. This will include both playtesting and input on themes and card ideas for future releases.
As some of us have mentioned on the forums before, the Council wanted to make sure we did not say anything publicly before FFG finally ended their support for the game. Thanks to everyone for their patience in waiting for us to make these initial announcements. We are confident we can all continue to enjoy and play this game as long as the community is on board.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH US ALL!