Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New RRG discussion

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Asklepios

Asklepios

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 5433 posts

Let's see if there's still any community here.

Here's a thing. Cheers to Caldera for letting me know about this.

https://images-cdn.f...ference_v16.pdf

So, new changes incoming:

A card is considered to be a copy of itself.

Keywords stack but are treated as a single instance.

Dial always adds in a duel, even if numbers are set.

Entering play honored or dishonored doesn't count as becoming honored or dishonored.

When a province is revealed, it remains face-up til turned face down.

Having the element counts as having the element.

First player is random.

Okay, all so uninteresting.

Then the big one:

Hawk Tattoo errata'd to "Attach to a character you control."

GOOD.

• Caldera, Keznethhop and AgewQuepMup like this

JoeFromCincinnati

JoeFromCincinnati

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1346 posts

Don't forget: 2nd player no longer gets an additional fate.

Before (p15 https://images-cdn.f...ference_v15.pdf ):

Determine first player. Randomly select a player. That player will be the first player. Place the first player token in front of this player. The player that is not randomly selected to be the first player gains 1 fate from the general token pool and adds it to their fate pool.

After (p15 https://images-cdn.f...ference_v16.pdf ):

Determine first player. Randomly select a player. That player will be the first player. Place the first player token in front of this player.

The determine randomly section was always there. The Organized Play rules are what allowed players to flip a coin/roll a die to determine who got to pick. That part hasn't changed at all in regards to the RRG.

JoeFromCincinnati

JoeFromCincinnati

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1346 posts

In addition, confirmation that Waning Hostilities is definitely a hard counter to Unicorn and Lion.

• SlaaneshDevotee likes this

Killcrazy

Killcrazy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
The Hawk Tattoo is needed but I dont think it will affect the meta much - maybe less favourable grounds.

The 2nd player fate will change some dynamics, helping aggro clans loke Lion and Unicorn, while making the choice harder. I still think 2nd player is a stronger choice for most clans as you would be able to plan how to play based on how your opponent sets up as well as 1st chance at fate on rings in the 2nd turn.

The rest of the stuff are good rules clarifications.

I was actually hoping to see an updated restricted list (give FGG back to Lion) and swapoing Let Go for Mirumoto's Fury.

Asklepios

Asklepios

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 5433 posts

Don't forget: 2nd player no longer gets an additional fate.

Before (p15 https://images-cdn.f...ference_v15.pdf ):

Determine first player. Randomly select a player. That player will be the first player. Place the first player token in front of this player. The player that is not randomly selected to be the first player gains 1 fate from the general token pool and adds it to their fate pool.

After (p15 https://images-cdn.f...ference_v16.pdf ):

Determine first player. Randomly select a player. That player will be the first player. Place the first player token in front of this player.

The determine randomly section was always there. The Organized Play rules are what allowed players to flip a coin/roll a die to determine who got to pick. That part hasn't changed at all in regards to the RRG.

Wow, I totally missed that! Thought it was just about enforcing randomisation, not removing the bonus fate. 

Yeah, that totally makes sense. I have to admit, with the rules as it were I was ALWAYS picking to go second. Now I'll be deciding according to what I'm playing. Though probably usually picking to go first, to make it more likely to pass first...

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3892 posts

Wow, I totally missed that! Thought it was just about enforcing randomisation, not removing the bonus fate. 

Yeah, that totally makes sense. I have to admit, with the rules as it were I was ALWAYS picking to go second. Now I'll be deciding according to what I'm playing. Though probably usually picking to go first, to make it more likely to pass first...

More likely to pass first turn 1, but there are advantages to getting the last conflict to declare (and being first player turn 2 makes it easier to grab a ring with fate on it).  Second player may still have more long term advantages.  It's at least less straight forward than before.