Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Analyzing the new Restricted List with Joe From Cincinnati

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

JoeFromCincinnati

JoeFromCincinnati

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1346 posts
What’s up everybody! Joe From Cincinnati here! 

As you all know we got a super surprising and unexpected update to the Restricted List today and I just spent the last 2 hours typing a bunch of stuff about it (as there was no way the contents of the update were leaked a week or two ago or anything like that, don’t be crazy).

My fingers hurt from how fast I was obviously typing, but it’s worth it to provide even the mildest forms of entertainment for you all. 😊

• Caldera, Skyknight and Stephaglors like this

Severijn

Severijn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Nice article. I am glad to read your perspective on it.

While quite a few of my own designs are impacted, I like the changes made overall. I am wary that scorpion might be losing too much with the list, but there are alternatives that they can play. Perhaps we'll see more tainted koku and fiery madness float around now. The other changes essentially make the game more fair for everyone. They are addressing cards that enabled nonsense or really hurt the way the game felt. Winning on the back of a card that said "you cannot do that" wasn't a whole lot of fun.

I do wonder if we'll see more players now go to the phoenix splash now that against the waves is out in the open again.

• Caldera and Skyknight like this