Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2015 Champ Card for the Call of Cthulhu LCG

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

MagnusArcanis

MagnusArcanis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

POPULAR

Behold!

2018-12-09.png

After all these years its finally here. I didn’t count them yet, but rough guess, I have about a few hundred I can distribute.

How to obtain a copy:
- Find me in person
- Attend the Call of Cthulhu lcg event at Origins 2019. (assuming that there will be one). I’ll have some on hand. Link to the origins site: http://originsgamefair.com/
- The plan is to include this card in the fan expansion. More info on how to get that when that actually happens.
- Via the Mail.

To obtain a copy via the Mail. 
1. Send an email to Cthulhu2015ChampCard@gmail.com 
2. Mail me a self -addressed, stamped envelope/package and any packaging  you with me to use.
3. Insert a note with your email address, how many copies you want, and any other special instructions  you’d like me to follow.
4. Be as neat and clear as possible to limit my ability to make mistakes. 

If you don’t follow the above, I can’t guarantee anything. Not that I’m guaranteeing anything in the first place, but my ability to succeed tends to hit a wall if I don't have enough to go on. ;)

Thank you all for your patience in advance as I stumble through this process. If anyone has any suggestions for improvements, let me know. 

Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FAQ
Q: Will you sign the card(s)?
A: Yes, but be sure to include your wish in the note so I don’t forget.

Q: Our group has X number of players. Do we each need to send email you and send you packages?
A: No, only one of you would need to. You can send me a pack of packages if you rather me mail to people individually or you can ask for X cards and I’ll let you hand them out to your group. Just put on the note what you want me to do. Whatever is easiest/cheapest for you. 

Q: Can I have more than one copy?
A: This is hard. I want to say yes, but for now no. A lot of people have expressed interest over the years and I want get everyone at least one. If it turns out I have a large amount left, I’ll post an update at some point. Plus eventually the fan expansion will have it as well so you can have as many as you want.

Q: Why do you want our email address in the note?
A: So I have a means of contacting you should something go wrong. Something always goes wrong. 

Q: I live outside the US, can I still get a copy?
A: Certainly. If there are any unforeseen issues with me getting this card to  you I’ll do what I can to work with you/the system to get it in your hands. 

Q: I’ve never done this before, what kind of packaging should I send you?
A: Depends on how much you want to make sure you get the card(s) back in good quality. In my experience, a plastic top loader, a card sleeve, and a common envelope was good enough but risky. For more valuable cards or cards taking a long trip.. bubble packed envelopes and a bundle of top loaders to improve durability was worth the extra expense.

Q: Can I share this thread’s info to others so they can get a card as well?
A: Indeed and please do. I want everyone that wants one to have one.

• Skelton, blinovitch, Reckoner and 7 others like this

KrytenKoro

KrytenKoro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Can you post a closer look at that expansion icon? What's the name of the expansion, and is this the only card in the set that is FFG-approved?

I'd like to put this on ahf.wikia.com, would it be okay if I used the scan you provided here (and linking here of course) or would you prefer I use a watermarked version?

I'm assuming the characters are based on your gaming group -- would you be willing to share names or gamer IDs for posterity (like how wikipedia does for the champion cards)?

• MagnusArcanis and Farquhar like this

MagnusArcanis

MagnusArcanis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

I could but the details wouldn't get much better. Kind of a funky eye looking thing. As far as I know. There isn't a name. I know of at least 1 other card that was being worked on, but and I know there are up to about a handful other still owed cards that may or may not ever see the light of day. I've done what I could in keeping an eye on various sites relating to the game, and I'm the only one that seems to manage to get there owed Cthulhu card. 

Feel free to use the image. The characters within are indeed based on my gaming group that hung out with me through the majority of my time playing the game. On the far left to right

-Jon Lekse - has a couple top cut finishes in the later years of the game at Gencon and Worlds 

-Selene Parkhurst  - Can find her playing in some of the youtube videos I posted from our local games.

-Myself or well, a better version of me. I want that outfit.

-Rhett Jenkins - Also can be found in some of my youtube videos. 

I asked each member what they'd like without telling the others and I love that we all picked a different style and weapon. Very Arkham Horror of us. haha. Very thankful for FFG letting me include them. 

UPDATE TO SHIPPING

Turns out... prepackaged shipping won't work between countries. So I need to pivot, set up some things and acquire materials so I apologize for the delay as I squeeze this into the holiday schedule. We'll get there.

• Farquhar likes this

KrytenKoro

KrytenKoro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Thanks!

I've posted the info here, maybe it will help some people see it who don't watch this site.

EDIT: I've also updated the wikipedia article for the card game.

MrDav

MrDav

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

UPDATE TO SHIPPING

Turns out... prepackaged shipping won't work between countries. So I need to pivot, set up some things and acquire materials so I apologize for the delay as I squeeze this into the holiday schedule. We'll get there.

Hi Magnus, did you manage to work out how to best ship internationally? Happy to send some money via paypal for shipping if needs be. Looking forward to giving it a go!

Mulletcheese

Mulletcheese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1050 posts

Hi Magnus, did you manage to work out how to best ship internationally? Happy to send some money via paypal for shipping if needs be. Looking forward to giving it a go!

Same here.

Skelton

Skelton

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2090 posts
And here.

MagnusArcanis

MagnusArcanis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Hey all, 

Sorry for the delay, but going to try really hard over the next few weekends to get these out to people that have been waiting. 

Appreciate your patience 

Darkman

Darkman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Just reading this now.

First of all, Magnus, a big applause to you for putting this much effort in the game and the upcoming fan made expansion.

Just played Coc with my son for the first time this morning and we had fun. I played for him as he can't understand the cards yet, but we had fun nonetheless.

He crushed me with his cultists (Tulzscha, Followers of R 'lyeh in combination with the Necronomicon, Seeker of Mysteries and a bunch of other cheap cultists)

Cant remember the last time I played before this game but will never throw away my cards as this is truly a great game.

Ok, im ranting now, what I really wanted to ask is if you still have any copies left?

Skelton

Skelton

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2090 posts
Has there been any developments regarding this? Tom seems to ha e dropped off the radar completely. :(

Mulletcheese

Mulletcheese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1050 posts

Has there been any developments regarding this? Tom seems to ha e dropped off the radar completely. :(

I was also wondering about this.

Skelton

Skelton

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2090 posts
I've emailed him a couple of times but no reply. I don't want to keep harassing the poor guy but hopefully somebody knows something.

MagnusArcanis

MagnusArcanis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

First off. Apologies for the absurd delay. I have only myself to blame. Even being swamped with other things... 7 months is not what I had intended. 

But good news is... I'm still alive. I still fully intend to get this to everyone. (plus the fan expansion stuff as well). 

As far as progress. I have the shipping materials and a list of addresses. Just need to sit down and get it all sorted out and put together. (which is largely the hardest part, thus the stall but going to try and not let this slip too much further).

• Skelton and Mulletcheese like this

blackhalo23

blackhalo23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

First off. Apologies for the absurd delay. I have only myself to blame. Even being swamped with other things... 7 months is not what I had intended. 

But good news is... I'm still alive. I still fully intend to get this to everyone. (plus the fan expansion stuff as well). 

As far as progress. I have the shipping materials and a list of addresses. Just need to sit down and get it all sorted out and put together. (which is largely the hardest part, thus the stall but going to try and not let this slip too much further).

We appreciate the update Tom and glad to hear you're in good health =)