Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Sets

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

xXDarthBladeXx

xXDarthBladeXx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I would like to prepose making new sets. I saw there is a legends set in development. I would also really like a get a Clone Wars era set featuring Dooku, Grievous, Jango etc as well as a New Triligy set featuring Kylo Ren, Snoke, Rey, etc. I have printing connections and could get these printed cheap. Would the council be up for supporting this?

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3884 posts

I would like to prepose making new sets. I saw there is a legends set in development. I would also really like a get a Clone Wars era set featuring Dooku, Grievous, Jango etc as well as a New Triligy set featuring Kylo Ren, Snoke, Rey, etc. I have printing connections and could get these printed cheap. Would the council be up for supporting this?

New sets are certainly something in the works (we need to get better community support for testing though, reality is that there isn't enough of us to test for fun and balance by ourselves).  Printing them to distribute is a bit thorny though.  We're more likely to post the files so that people can print their own copies.

RoyalAegis

RoyalAegis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts

May be a bit of a controversial opinion but I'm not for new sets set outside of the classic era though; although it ultimately hurt the marketing of the game it's just the thing that they stuck to and that's okay with me.

xXDarthBladeXx

xXDarthBladeXx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

New sets are certainly something in the works (we need to get better community support for testing though, reality is that there isn't enough of us to test for fun and balance by ourselves).  Printing them to distribute is a bit thorny though.  We're more likely to post the files so that people can print their own copies.

I have the means to print entire sets at a very affordable price. If someone is up for designing them, I could have a contact print them off and charge just over cost to cover shipping and materials etc.

xXDarthBladeXx

xXDarthBladeXx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

May be a bit of a controversial opinion but I'm not for new sets set outside of the classic era though; although it ultimately hurt the marketing of the game it's just the thing that they stuck to and that's okay with me.

I respect that opinion but I’d rather get a Mace Windu than another old Obi Wan and a new Grievous than a new Tarkin. We need NEW in my opinion.

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2729 posts

I actually assumed there was some external reason (i.e perhaps something in the licensing agreement) as to why FFG never really made sets from outside the OT era, although, they really did kind of indirectly hit things from old EU and Clone Wars and directly did Rebels characters which was pre-OT.  

• xXDarthBladeXx likes this

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2729 posts

I respect that opinion but I’d rather get a Mace Windu than another old Obi Wan and a new Grievous than a new Tarkin. We need NEW in my opinion.

With Prequel era you could still get classic characters like Obi-Wan, Palpatine and even Yoda, although they'd be younger versions. 

• xXDarthBladeXx likes this

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3884 posts

I have the means to print entire sets at a very affordable price. If someone is up for designing them, I could have a contact print them off and charge just over cost to cover shipping and materials etc.

New sets will be designed.  The Council won't be able to directly print and distribute the sets.  There's some thorny copyright issues there if nothing else... and we only exist and can make new cards as long as we can avoid a C&D from FFG or Disney.  Now if you want to offer individual players an option to get sets printed after we design them, that's fine.  We just *cannot* sell prints of our cards (even if we're really just recouping costs).

Edited to fix a typo.

• mischraum, yodaman and xXDarthBladeXx like this

Rio

Rio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

New sets will be designed.  The Council won't be able to directly print and distribute the sets.  There's some thorny copyright issues there if nothing else... and we only exist and can make new cards as long as we can avoid a C&D from FFG or Disney.  Now if you want to offer individual players an option to get sets printed after we design them, that's fine.  We just *cannot* sell prints of our cards (even if we're really just recouping costs).

Edited to fix a typo.

Are you still working on champ pods?
  • yodaman likes this

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3884 posts

Are you still working on champ pods?

Yes, that's still in the works.
  • Rio and yodaman like this

MarioFanaticXV

MarioFanaticXV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

I actually assumed there was some external reason (i.e perhaps something in the licensing agreement) as to why FFG never really made sets from outside the OT era, although, they really did kind of indirectly hit things from old EU and Clone Wars and directly did Rebels characters which was pre-OT.

My understanding was that it had to be Galactic Civil War- though even then, there's a couple sets that go around that rule with Kyle Katarn (Jedi version) and the Valley of the Jedi as both of those happen after the New Republic is founded.