Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Brothel Madame and Daario Naharis

- - - - -

Best Answer chriswhite , 31 May 2019 - 05:56 PM

No. Brothel Madame creates what is known as a lasting effect, and the prevention of Military challenges persists until either the end of the phase, or the point at which you give your opponent 1 gold.   

Put another way––The Brothel Madame was a gun your opponent fired at you, and you did not stop the bullet.  At this point, nothing either of you do to the gun will remedy the situation. 

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

LordOWar

LordOWar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

So my opponent controls a single Brothel Madame and I control Daario Naharis At the beginning of the challenges phase I do not control a Brothel Madame,

At the start of the challenges phase I choose to not give my opponent a gold in response to Brothel Madame's reaction.

I have initiative and during my first challenge I win an intrigue challenge against my opponent and use Daario's reaction to take control of his Brothel Madame.

1) Can I now initiate a mlitary challenge against my opponent ?

2) Since I now control Brothel Madame, can my opponent initiate military challenges against me ?

Daario Naharis

House Targaryen. Non-Loyal.
Character. Cost: 7. STR: 6.

Companion. Mercenary.

Renown.

Reaction: After you win a challenge in which Daario Naharis is attacking, choose another Ally, Companion, or Mercenary character. Stand that character and take control of it until the end of the phase.

Brothel Madame

House Lannister. Non-Loyal.

Character. Cost: 3. STR: 2.

Companion.

Reaction: After the challenges phase begins, choose a player. That player may give you 1 gold from his or her gold pool. Until the end of the phase, if that player has not given you gold this phase, he or she cannot initiate challenges against you.

chriswhite

chriswhite

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
✓  Best Answer

No. Brothel Madame creates what is known as a lasting effect, and the prevention of Military challenges persists until either the end of the phase, or the point at which you give your opponent 1 gold.   

Put another way––The Brothel Madame was a gun your opponent fired at you, and you did not stop the bullet.  At this point, nothing either of you do to the gun will remedy the situation.