Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

M Cycle -- Fan Content

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

MacRauri

MacRauri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Happy May the 4th everyone!

The M Cycle is now complete

Metempsychosis: transmigration of the soul.

Or maybe Masters.  Or simply "My"

I'm pleased to finally release the fan cycle I've been working on for the past year!

[M Cycle LS pods]

[M Cycle DS pods]

Thanks to everyone who helped me playtest and edit this cycle!

Originally the plan was to try to hold a live event in Chicago and then later one in the Twin Cities with gift copies, but that has all been put on the backburner for now.

I'm just happy to meet my May 4th digital release schedule and finally let the community see.

Enjoy!

• scwont, Rio, yodaman and 4 others like this

drel333

drel333

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

great

DonovanM

DonovanM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
So many numerals
  • Haxxson, TheNameWasTaken and MacRauri like this

MacRauri

MacRauri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

So many numerals

Do your worst
  • DonovanM likes this

TheNameWasTaken

TheNameWasTaken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

This is some really good stuff! I love the new fate cards (including affiliated ones - more of those is a really welcome thing), things that key off of victory piles and spy trait support! I'd be happy to see this included in the card pool for the next online event!

That said, I do have some pedantry to engage in; hope you'll forgive me :)

1) Tool of the Inquisitorious - I'm pretty sure that should be Inquisitorius
2) Dark Connection - the text as written says nothing about what happens with your own targeted unit; also, is there ever going to be a scenario where you'd sacrifice a unit to prevent your opponent from seeing a random card in your hand?
3) Financial Incentive - the technical term is command deck
4) Trust Only in the Force - this looks like something that you'd easily lose track of; was that not a problem in testing?
5) Reckless Prodige - should this maybe be "prodigy"?
6) They Can Be Beaten - is this effect supposed to turn on if you score your first objective in the same engagement in which you played this? If yes, do you choose the combat icon when the card resolves or when you score the objective?
7) Special Delivery - if you have two of these out, do they stack?

• Thaliak likes this

MacRauri

MacRauri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

This is some really good stuff! I love the new fate cards (including affiliated ones - more of those is a really welcome thing), things that key off of victory piles and spy trait support! I'd be happy to see this included in the card pool for the next online event!

That said, I do have some pedantry to engage in; hope you'll forgive me :)

1) Tool of the Inquisitorious - I'm pretty sure that should be Inquisitorius

2) Dark Connection - the text as written says nothing about what happens with your own targeted unit; also, is there ever going to be a scenario where you'd sacrifice a unit to prevent your opponent from seeing a random card in your hand?
3) Financial Incentive - the technical term is command deck
4) Trust Only in the Force - this looks like something that you'd easily lose track of; was that not a problem in testing?
5) Reckless Prodige - should this maybe be "prodigy"?
6) They Can Be Beaten - is this effect supposed to turn on if you score your first objective in the same engagement in which you played this? If yes, do you choose the combat icon when the card resolves or when you score the objective?
7) Special Delivery - if you have two of these out, do they stack?

Thanks!  I think there'll be some fun effects and we'll see about future cardpools.

1)  Yikes!  Well, I guess if there can be Interdictor-class Heavy Crusiers in the game there can also be Inquisitoriouses

2)  Nothing happens to your unit, you just need a Force User out to trigger the effect.  I don't know if LS will ever think it's worth sacrificing their unit, but who knows.

3)  /cuts self...  again

4)  This actually started out as even more convoluted and Tyler helped clean it up a lot.  I think once you play with it it'll become a normal thing to keep track of as something your deck does.  We tended to just reference back to the discard pile on what was bid, but you can also put tokens on it for the turn.

5)  Double Yikes!!

6)  Unlike other cards that create delayed effects this one checks for the condition and grants the icon when it resolves.

7)  Special Deliver (and Honor the Fallen) do not stack.  Checked with dbmeboy on this one.

IAmBatman

IAmBatman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
Love this set!
  • MacRauri likes this