Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Spring 2020 OT Elimination Round Thread

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

MacRauri

MacRauri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Thaliak and I finished our match today

Game 4: He started with a Kallus chud finding the ion disruptor and played Zed who took the Force.  I had IYMG so I played the winter enhancement for free and started milling myself to set up the next turn.  I played an influence 2/1 and Winter and passed.  Turn 2 he played Janus and committed him.  No resources but good mains.  I played a dagobah training ground and a guardian of peace, looked at my edge hand and passed.  He played Thrawn and passed.  I milled myself and drew no units.  I think I waited another turn before going on a suicide attack to pitch my edge hand.  Probably should have done it sooner.  Krennic showed up.  Still no resources but lots of 4 drop mains 5 cards for edge and the dial was moving.  Eventually I started finding bodies but it was pretty late.  My final turn I played Luke, Chirrut and still had enough to play Search Your Feelings.  I did an all out attack with them, Dodonna and a few chuds to take 1 objective before losing.

Now I was faced with the decision of what to choose in game 4 where we had each won and lost with LS and DS.  Having just been burned with my LS deck I was hesitant to field it even though Colter thought it had the favorable match up.  I wanted another go with the inquisitors and droids and picked dark.

Game 5:  Money!  I flopped double Order or Inquisitors and Droid Revolution (tucking Vader's Army).  Turn 1 I had a couple routes available as I had 7th sister, two 2/1 moneys and a double bladed lightsaber.  I decided to pitch the droid factory to draw, play the influence resource, 7th sister for 2 and equip her with a lightsaber getting her up to a potential 3 guns and making her "safe" to seeds since I had a well equipped in hand.  We had evidently flipped draws and now Colter was getting the series of chuds.  He played a winter enhancement, resource, specforce pathfinder and I think a Derlin chud.  Didn't attack and let the dial tick to 3.  Next turn I played a 1/1 and now it was my turn to do turn 2 Janus commit.  LS played another chud or two and didn't attack.  turn 3 I counted my resources and played both 5th brother and 8th brother.  They took up positions next to the 7th sister and I yelled "yahtzee!"  Another turn or 2 passed.  Colter had gotten out Han, Red 3, two Crafty Smugglers and a Tactical Genius.  When came in hard against one of my objectives.  My edge hand had potential, but it was also risky.  Especially if he had an allies of necessity to get Han up to 3 guns.  I blocked with only the 8th brother and used his death to pluck off the SpecForce pathfinder in the back to prevent Han from double striking.  In a small counter attack I sent a K4 and functionary in to put some blast on an objective, but I needed to hold back my main forces and keep a strong edge hand for his next attack.  It didn't come for awhile.  Colter built a couple turns.  I bolstered my forces with shuttle pilot and assassin droid and was generally sad about that.  but I had a jump droid in my hand and Aphra's objective now in play so the potential to keep an objective just out of death's reach was there.  SpecForce, Derlin, Loyal Wookiee, Winter and Red Squadron X-wing all came out.  The dial was at 9, at this point LS had lost the ability to hold the Force.  DS would just need to take 1 objective and with 5th brother and 7th sister leading the charge it would be very hard to win edge and keep 2 blast from going through.  LS went in with half his forces bid double allies of necessity.  But I had the twist and was able to shut off the attack.

Great games and best of luck to Colter in his next match!

• yodaman, Thaliak, sdrewthomson and 2 others like this

sdrewthomson

sdrewthomson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Games 1 and 2 of my match with Thaliak will be streamed tonight on CoDameron's YouTube channel at 9:30 PM EDT!

http://youtube.com/c/codameron

• yodaman, Thaliak, CoDameron and 3 others like this

sdrewthomson

sdrewthomson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 613 posts

My match with Thaliak continues tonight! It will be live-streamed at 9:30 PM EDT.

https://youtube.com/c/codameron/live

• yodaman, jimmyc1972 and MacRauri like this

CoDameron

CoDameron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Ok, so! We just finished recording the last games of the 3rd place series between Drew and Colter. Colter took his 3rd win in game 4 with his Dark side deck, earning him the third place title. 

Fortunately, we got game 3 of the series on stream nicely, and although we did cast and stream game 4, there may have been some technical difficulties that made most of the deciding game 4 unavailable and gone :(. I'm going to try and recover it but if not, just know it was a great game and a great series. Thanks to everyone who was involved. 

Re-Edit - I have no idea where the latter half of the stream went. It definitely happened and wasnt recorded. I'm sad, but I'll make sure it won't happen for the finals.

On another note, the final match between Mick and I will take place this saturday (6/20/20). We are still working out a time, but the event will be streamed on my youtube channel and will have commentary as well. See you then!

• yodaman, sdrewthomson, jimmyc1972 and 1 other like this

sdrewthomson

sdrewthomson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 613 posts

This tournament has been a highlight of the last few months for me. Thank you so much to Mick for taking the time to organize it and to the content producers for helping to build excitement. It was amazing to reconnect with so many of you and to make new friends too. I will be there for the next one!

Can't wait to watch the finals!

• yodaman, Thaliak, CoDameron and 2 others like this

CoDameron

CoDameron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Hey everyone! The finals match will be played this Saturday at 3:00 pm EST between me and MacRauri. The set will be streamed on my youtube channel with guest commentators Haxxson and Kiramode. Also, stick around afterwards for more information on next season's tournament. Good luck to Mick and see you all there!

Youtube.com/c/CoDameron/live

• sdrewthomson likes this

Haxxson

Haxxson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Hi Folks,

Stream seems to be unfixable for now.

CoDameron is going to record the matches as he previously did and upload them immediately after. They will be on his Youtube and posted here.

Thanks.

• sdrewthomson likes this

MacRauri

MacRauri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

We concluded the championship match today.  Hopefully the video file will be watchable, but there were issues with the recording.  CoDameron will post a link for people who want to watch the series below (if it's not garbled).

The series was exciting.  It went to a 5th game, but in the end Dodonna lead the Rebel's finest on to victory taking 3 objectives in one turn securing the win for CoDameron.  Big congratulations to him!

There is a sign-up for the the next online tournament over in the other thread.  CoDameron will be posting the cardpool for that later this evening.  It looks exciting!  Sign-up will last one week.

Thanks again for everyone who took part in this tournaments, whether it was playing or providing commentary!  It was great to reconnect with the community.

• yodaman likes this

CoDameron

CoDameron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Yay! what a great series. I gotta say, Mick and I played some good star wars today. 
The videos are all uploaded BUT the hardware in my computer couldnt handle the video processing and, well, you get a new screenshot every now and then. I'm not sure how watchable it is, but all of the excellent commentary is crystal clear, so I am hopeful it comes out nice. Thanks again to Haxxson and Kiramode for commentating. 

Keep an eye out for what I say about the next cardpool. It's something wild. 

EDIT: All of my videos cut out early. It's very upsetting. I know why it happened and I was hoping it wouldnt, but it did. Ultimately, games 1 & 2 went to me, while 3& 4 went to Mick and I won on the LS in one HUGE attack after playing slow in game 5. 

One note that is now not recorded is that this is my first "major" SW tournament win, which makes my track record 9th (worlds 2016), 7th (worlds 2017), 5th (worlds 2018), 3rd (nats 2018), and finally 1st in large events. Kinda hype about that

Edited by CoDameron, 21 June 2020 - 01:25 AM.

• mischraum, yodaman and kiramode like this

sdrewthomson

sdrewthomson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Congrats Colby!

• CoDameron likes this

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2770 posts

Yay! what a great series. I gotta say, Mick and I played some good star wars today. 
The videos are all uploaded BUT the hardware in my computer couldnt handle the video processing and, well, you get a new screenshot every now and then. I'm not sure how watchable it is, but all of the excellent commentary is crystal clear, so I am hopeful it comes out nice. Thanks again to Haxxson and Kiramode for commentating. 

Keep an eye out for what I say about the next cardpool. It's something wild. 

EDIT: All of my videos cut out early. It's very upsetting. I know why it happened and I was hoping it wouldnt, but it did. Ultimately, games 1 & 2 went to me, while 3& 4 went to Mick and I won on the LS in one HUGE attack after playing slow in game 5. 

One note that is now not recorded is that this is my first "major" SW tournament win, which makes my track record 9th (worlds 2016), 7th (worlds 2017), 5th (worlds 2018), 3rd (nats 2018), and finally 1st in large events. Kinda hype about that

Congrats on your win.  Sorry the streaming and recording didn't work out.  Appreciate the effort though.