I've only looked at the light side pods so far, and obviously haven't tried any of these out in a game yet, so what I have to say is just theorycrafting. Pod by pod, here's my thoughts:
Now that I have a bit of time I can type out some of my responses!
2) My justification for buffing this pod is that regardless of how good In You Must Go actually is, it's always going to play second fiddle to May the Force Be With You just due to the fact that its so overpowered. Moreover, Core Yoda derives his power from being a Voltron-unit which gives him situational effectiveness and I wanted to buff him enough to stand on his own.
I will admit though, I was a bit biased in making him a black tricon unit because I figured it was a lot easier to keep track of his additional, edge-enabled icons if he had only black icons
4) Would you prefer if I just make Journey a 4-health, 2-resource objective? It seems a lot more simple to be honest. DS still has incentive to attack it because of its reduced health but on the bright side if it gets destroyed then LS can choose what objective they want in its place.
I think Double Strike is kind of a dud though. It's not a great edge card so you have to hold it back, it doesn't work for units committed to the force and if they double strike they have to do it during the same strike. I like the idea, but instead of doing a massive re-work I was much more keen on highlighting a 3-pip event in its place.
7) I had 3 restrictions I could play with when I created this event: Limited, play only during your turn or play only when the Balance of the Force was set a certain way. Maybe I should go back down to 1 restriction instead of 2?
I see the argument with flipping the Balance requirement with Call; I imagine you're thinking of Luke returning to Cloud City from Dagobah but I imagined it as Luke going to Dagobah for the first time.
Jedi Monument is powerful I will agree there. I decided instead of making it Limited to make it Unique instead so you can't double up on them. I wanted to have both a unit and an enhancement in the objective set that could trigger off of that event and I had to very specifically call out non-Limited cards so that card couldn't chain into something like Owen Lars.
8) I changed up Red Two based on my own experience; I'd never be one to let Red Two just sit back during an engagement (especially if you're paying full cost for him and with the relatively low edge in LS fighter decks it makes him tactics bait anyways). I feel like I've had too many experiences where I let Red Two go in to blow up an objective and then he just ends up getting re-focused. I wanted to prevent that and also make Red Two much more of a bruiser.
I'm generally against 2-cost units having 1 health, but I feel that the Y-Wings are balanced. 2 bombs on a 2-cost unit is strong.
9) I'm not 100% pleased with how this set turned out but I knew I wanted to include Wedge in there and I just re-configured the cards around it (luckily Mon Mothma was such a dud card that I feel like I had a clean slate to do whatever with her). I think it's kind of a shame to lose the LS analog to Counsel of the Sith but if we're being real nobody was playing this set to begin with.
When I'm incorporating cards from other sets though I'm not looking to change them at all since I think that kind of defeats the purpose.
10) Thank you for the feedback on this one. I wanted to use a majority of the LS cards from Balance of the Force and both Ambush Team and Premonitions were two of the few "non-overpowered" cards I had left. After talking to some people, it seems like Premonitions is too strong but I think the Ambush Team is fine since Fleeing the Empire is more of a support objective though.
That all being said, I'm just trying to be cautious when editing objectives with Twist in them.
11) Thank you for that insight! It was something I neglected to think about. That being said though, I still feel like it's very probable that LS will just pass on that objective if it comes during the flop in favor of another objective with a more tangible benefit. Do you have any suggestions?
Core Home One actually does have 3 health though and I think that's kind of fair considering it's Elite with 4 black icons. I obviously took inspiration from Relentless, who both discounts fighters by 1 and gives them an edge-enabled bomb. Instead of copying that word-for-word I just upped the discount factor.
12) I've incorporated a few changes based on your feedback - I may have gone a bit overboard with this objective set (I figured since the theme is anti-Vehicle I could buff it considerably)
My original text for Ackbar was to focus him with two focus tokens, I've reverted to that. I've also changed it to where he has to be participating in the engagement (can't believe I missed that one) I've incorporated the changes to both of the events as well.
I'm still a fan of keeping the Escort a tri-con unit (I felt that since I got rid of the X-Wing that I could buff him, especially since you don't want to put Pilot Ackbar on a unit that fragile) although I've changed his new icons to be edge-enabled; I've always been of the idea that if a unit has 1-health, it doesn't matter what color their icons are because if they don't get the chance to strike first then they're dead. But, you're right that an all-black tricon on a 1-cost unit is pretty powerful.
14) My idea to nerf the objective was a balancing factor; the other changes I've made this set would make it a lot more theoretically likely to see consistent play and nerfing the usefulness of the objective felt fair. The utility of the objective is still there though and I can imagine Dark Side going to attack that one first so they don't incur any penalties for the rest of the game.
15) Just to confirm, you saw the version of the Smuggler where I gave her a completely new card effect, correct?
16) I went ahead and dropped the Elite kicker based on your feedback!
18) I'm open to applying a buff to both of the Informants, but if I keep both I think I should have them with two health instead of 3. I don't know if you've had a chance to read my DS changes, but I went ahead and followed the same design philosophy for Recon Mission (1 strong unit instead of 2).
Good point about Prep and Planning though; I wasn't keen on adding Protection as a fourth fate card. I guess Echoes of the Force is a solid choice as well?
Thank you so much for your feedback though! I'm interested to hear what you have to say for the DS objectives too! I'm also pretty close to finishing my work on Edge of Darkness and I'd love to get with you to discuss that as well!