Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Official Rule Clarifications !!Direct replies FFG only!!

• Please log in to reply
254 replies to this topic

hundreds

hundreds

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 891 posts
Then, you can't initiate deploy the fleet during your opponents force phase, since there is not even a possibility of playing a capital ship during that phase?

KennedyHawk

KennedyHawk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1890 posts
I think he ruled the opposite, It doesn't matter if you can reduce it or not, so long as there isn't something in play preventing it from being reduced. I was asking this for that reason exactly, if I wanted to flip a better objective than a 4 damage deploy the fleet can I blow up my own.

hundreds

hundreds

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 891 posts
Doesn't seem clear to me. Might have to follow up.

chiller087

chiller087

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts
Well, I think the part where Nate said...:

The creation of that lasting effect can be successful even if no Capital Ship is ever played to take advantage of it. So you may initiate the effect and not actually play a ship.

...would answer your question. "Even if no capital ship is ever played to take advantage of it" and "You may initiate the effect and not actually play a ship," these are the phrases you're looking for...

chiller087

chiller087

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts
I asked Nate if it's legal to play Bamboozle if there are no exhausted units in play during Step 1 (check play restrictions), even though you "predict" there will be a legal target by the time you get to Step 4 (paying costs):

Nate: "You cannot anticipate any change in the game state when you are checking play restrictions, including the 3.6 check. There must be an exhausted Character unit in play at the time of the check (and another Character unit to which the focus token can be moved), or Bamboozle could not be played."

So yeah, looks like legal targets must exist and already be in play when you check play restrictions at Step 1. Of course, if more legal targets appear by the time you get to step 4, then you have more legal targets to choose from.

KennedyHawk

KennedyHawk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1890 posts
So this is how I interpreted the QC loop originally. Bummer.

RedSquadronK

RedSquadronK

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Got some clarifications for the upcoming The Hoth Gambit set interacting with Echo Base from Sensors Are Placed:

Questions:

1) Does Echo Base add an additional Force icon to your side when you have The Hoth Gambit in play?

2) Does Echo Base add an additional damage to "X" for Snowspeeder Counterattack?

3) When you "Deal 1 damage to each of your Hoth objectives" for Snowspeeder Counterattack, can you Protect that damage (say with Hoth Rearguard) and still successfully complete the action?

Answers:

1) Echo Base does *not* count for The Hoth Gambit. Echo Base says you are considered to control 1 additional Hoth objective, but that objective does not have a "damaged" or "undamaged" status. As such, it does not count for purposes of The Hoth Gambit objective.

2) Yes, Echo Base counts as an extra "Hoth objective" for the "X" in Snowspeeder Counterattack.

3) As per the FAQ ruling for Spice Visions + Jabba the Hutt, yes, even if you Protect the damage to another destination, the damage was still dealt, so the cost was still paid. As long as a damage counter ends up on a card by a legal chain of events, the cost was paid.

• KennedyHawk likes this

jjohnson111

jjohnson111

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Got some clarifications for the upcoming The Hoth Gambit set interacting with Echo Base from Sensors Are Placed:

Questions:

1) Does Echo Base add an additional Force icon to your side when you have The Hoth Gambit in play?

Answers:

1) By the same token, I want to say it counts for "The Hoth Gambit" but the addition of "undamaged" makes me hesitant to provide a definitive answer. I'll get back to you on this one later.

Any update on this? Sorry if not yet - don't mean to pester.

RedSquadronK

RedSquadronK

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Any update on this? Sorry if not yet - don't mean to pester.

Updated my post above with the answer!

Elrathion

Elrathion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Another stupid ruling ;) I'm not sure what they have against Rebels, but hey!

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Conquest Rules Arbitrator

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3289 posts

It makes sense to me. It's not an objective so can never be damaged or undamaged. 

Dxopherj

Dxopherj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Another stupid ruling ;) I'm not sure what they have against Rebels, but hey!

I think it is the correct interpretation, if you allowed it to be an 'undamaged objective' then I think you should allow the dark side to engage the phantom 4th objective. Just seems similar to the trench run, since there is not actually an objective there.

• Toqtamish and LethalHobo like this

AntaresCD

AntaresCD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

I asked followups to RedSquadronK's questions last week and received answers late Friday, but being on the road that weekend I was unable to post them. Two are reiterations from Nate (and are reflected above) and another confirms that The Hoth Gambit stacks.

Rule Question:
I have a number of questions in regards to the new cards The Hoth Gambit (objective with text, "Each of your undamaged Hoth objectives contributes 1 Force icon to your side during the Force struggle.") and Snowspeeder Counterattack (event with text, "Action: Deal 1 damage to each of your Hoth objectives to deal X damage to a target enemy unit. X is the number of Hoth objective you control.").

1) If you have two copies of The Hoth Gambit in play, do they stack (i.e. does each undamaged Hoth objective now provide 2 Force icons to the Force Stuggle)?

2) If you have an undamaged The Hoth Gambit in play along with two other undamaged Hoth objectives (so total 3 undamaged Hoth objectives) along with an Echo Base (enhancement with text, "...You are considered to control 1 additional Hoth objective."), do you gain 3 Force icons towards the force struggle or 4?

3) If you play Snowspeeder Counterattack while you have 3 Hoth objectives in play as well as an Echo Base, how much damage do you deal to the target enemy unit, 3 or 4 (i.e. what is X)?

Thank you,

~<redacted>
Hello,

1) Yes, they do stack. Each Hoth Gambit is treated as a separate effect, so that any undamaged Hoth objective would contribute 1 Force icon for Hoth Gambit #1 and 1 Force icon for Hoth Gambit #2.

2) As the “additional Hoth objective” is not defined as “damaged” or “undamaged,” it does not qualify for this interaction.

3) X is the number of Hoth objectives you control, and Echo Base increases this number by 1, so X is 4 in this example.

Nate French
Senior LCG Designer
Fantasy Flight Games
nfrench@fantasyflightgames.com

Edit: Corrections due to the new quote mechanics in the forums...

jjohnson111

jjohnson111

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
Thank you Red!

chiller087

chiller087

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts
I asked Nate if having 2 copies of Along the Gamor Run in play would allow you to reveal 2 cards and add both cards' icons to our struggle. Here is his response:

"The revealed card is still the top card of your deck while it is revealed. So the second Gamor Run will simply attempt to reveal it again, and you will be left with two effects telling you that the top revealed card counts its Force icons towards the Force struggle. The second effect is therefore redundant, as you only count icons once.

Note that this situation is slightly different than The Hoth Gambit situation, where the cards are contributing to your side, rather than counting their own icons."

So 2x Gamor Run does not stack.

Majestaat

Majestaat

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1913 posts

This one regarding the interaction between Deadly Sight and a unit enhanced with Old Ben's Spirit:

Nate: "Deadly Sight creates a constant check that will destroy the unit any time it has 0 Force icons. So, after Old Ben’s Spirit resolves, the unit would still be in a terminal condition, and it would immediately be destroyed again".

KennedyHawk

KennedyHawk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1890 posts

A situation arises when Wittin and the Rancor are the only two non-vehicle units in play.

Turns out Wittin is more uber than he seems, he can block higher costed units from being nom nom nomed.

"Wittin cannot be chosen (as he cannot be destroyed).

If there is another eligible unit at the same cost as Wittin, it must be chosen.

Higher cost units, however, do not qualify as “the lowest cost non-Vehicle unit in play.” (As Wittin has a lower cost than them.) So if Wittin is the only 3 cost unit around, it will protect the higher costed units from being destroyed."

cleardot.gif

• Demas likes this

yankeefan1355

yankeefan1355

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1225 posts

Question:  If Rebel Leia is on the board and you use H&L Objective's action, assuming all other costs and conditions are met, is Rebel Leia captured and her interrupt resolves, or does the effect fully resolve and Rebel Leia swaps out like any other eligible unit?

I've gotten two conflicting answers from very experienced players.

chiller087

chiller087

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Question: If Rebel Leia is on the board and you use H&L Objective's action, assuming all other costs and conditions are met, is Rebel Leia captured and her interrupt resolves, or does the effect fully resolve and Rebel Leia swaps out like any other eligible unit?

I've gotten two conflicting answers from very experienced players.

Please refrain from asking questions in this thread, as this thread is only for posting official answers to rules questions given by FFG.

If you like, you can start a new thread in the main rules section and you'll get answers.

Caal

Caal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Question :
Can I generate the 2 ressources of the Apology Accepted event card to play the card with an Officer (like a Duty Officer) and then sacrifice this Officer to pay the additionnal cost of the Event?

Nate answer :
All costs are paid at the same time, so you may use the Duty Officers to pay the resource cost and to fulfill the sacrifice.