Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Winter 2022 Elimination Round

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

MacRauri

MacRauri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts

POPULAR

On to the Elimination Round of the 2022 Winter Online Tournament!

Players who make the cut will have until Thursday March 17 11:59pm to pm me (MacRauri) and lock in their decklists.   Please don't forgot to list the affiliation card as well. We will get those posted for all to see as quickly as possible.

The Elimination Round is single elimination best of 5. During the first two rounds where there is a clear higher seed the higher seed will decide which side deck to start with.  Players will alternate sides until a winner is determined. Should a 5th game be needed, the player with more game-points earned during the match may decide if they will play LS or DS in the 5th game. If that is a tie decide randomly.

Feel free to split your games up across multiple nights and report as you go along.

dh16OvQ.png

FIRST ROUND:

PeterPan:  L - 9 - L - D                    Kiramode:       9 - D - L - 9 -

Yodaman:  9 - L - 9 - 1                    Jimmyc1972:  D - 8 - 9 - L - 6 

Jollyroger:  L - D - L                          Brainiac:  L - 10 - L - 9 - L 

Haxxson:  1 - 5 - 3                             Jonalf:     6 -  L - 7 - L - 7 

SECOND ROUND:

MacRauri:  L - D - L                           CoDameron:  D - ? - D - ? - D

PeterPan:  9 - 9 - 8                             Kiramode:      ? - D - ? - D - ? 

TNWT:        8 - 9 - 4                           Sirivanhoe2:  L - 6 - L - 9 - 5 

Jollyroger:  D - L - D                           Brainiac:       6 - L - 5 - L - D 

SEMI-FINALS

MacRauri:   L - 6 - 5 - 4                    CoDameron:   L - D - ? - D  

Jollyroger:  5 - L - D - L                    Brainiac:         ? - ? - D - ? 

3rd PLACE MATCH

MacRauri:  D - 6 - D - L  

Brainiac:    7 - D - 5 - 10 

FINALS

Jollyroger:      5 - D - L - D   

CoDameron:  D - 9 - 6 - 6  

• PeterPan, MSNYCIdiora, MatthewCrito and 17 others like this

MacRauri

MacRauri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Decklists:

MacRauri (1st seed)

LS - Rebel

1x Mission to Talay

2x Asteroid Sanctuary (D)

2x Renegade Squadron Mobilization (D)

2x Prepare for Evacuation

2x Preparation for Battle

1x Echo Base Defense

DS - Scum

2x Double-Crossing Droid

1x Trandoshan Terror

2x Enforced Loyalty (D)

2x Lord Vader’s Command (D)

2x Death and Despayre

1x Sector Lockdown

CoDameron (2nd seed)

LS - Jedi

2x The Lost Commander (D)

2x Hoth Operations (D)

2x Resistance and Rebellion

DS - Scum

1x The Hutt’s Menagerie

1x Double-Crossing Droid

2x The Killing Cold

2x Vader’s Fist

2x The Imperial Bureaucracy

1x Fearsome and Foul

1x Shadows on the Ice

Sirivanhoe2 (3rd seed)

LS - Smuggler

2x A Wookiee’s Journey

2x Badge of Honor

1x Trust Me

1x Spirit of Rebellion

2x Matter Under Mind

1x May the Force Be With You (D)

1x Knowledge and Defense (D)

DS - Scum

2x Double-Crossing Droid

2x Enforced Loyalty (D)

2x Death and Despayre

1x Sector Lockdown

1x The Killing Cold

TheNameWasTaken (4th seed)

LS - Rebel

2x Forward Reconnaissance

1x Draw Their Fire

1x Commando Raid

2x May the Force Be With You (D)

2x Knowledge and Defense (D)

2x Matter Under Mind

DS - Navy

2x Death and Despayre

2x Moon Blockade

2x The Emperor’s Web (D)

2x Serve the Emperor (D)

JollyRoger (5th seed)

LS - Smuggler

2x Spirit of Rebellion

1x Questionable Contacts

1x Trust Me

2x Matter Under Mind

DS - Sith

2x The Killing Cold

2x Vader’s Fist

2x Enforced Loyalty (D)

1x A Dark Time for the Rebellion

1x The General’s Imperative

1x Shadows on the Ice

Brainiac (6th seed)

LS - Smuggler

2x Questionable Contacts

2x Trust Me

2x Matter Under Mind

2x Hero of a Thousand Devices

2x Explosives Artist

DS - Scum

2x Masterful Manipulation (D)

2x The Hunt for Han Solo (D)

2x Feeding the Pit

1x The Findsman’s Intuition

1x The Hutt’s Menagerie

1x Automated Assassin

1x The Killing Cold

Kiramode (7th seed)

LS - Jedi

2x Matter Under Mind

2x Questionable Contacts

2x Badge of Honor

DS - Sith

2x Brothers of the Sith

1x The Imperial Bureaucracy

1x Fearsome and Foul

2x Enforced Loyalty (D)

1x Death and Despayre

1x Sector Lockdown

PeterPan (8th seed)

LS - Jedi

2x Forgotten Heroes

2x Matter Under Mind

2x Questionable Contacts

DS - Scum

2x Jabba’s Orders

2x The Findsman’s Intuition

2x Automated Assassin

Yodaman (9th seed)

LS - Rebel

2x Evacuation Procedure

2x Resistance and Rebellion

DS - Scum

2x The Findsman’s Intuition

1x The Bespin Exchange

1x The Hutt’s Menagerie

1x Automated Assassin

1x The Killing Cold

JimmyC1972 (10th seed)

LS - Smuggler

2x The Lost Commander (D)

2x Hoth Operations (D)

2x Explosives Artist

2x Matter Under Mind

1x Hit and Run

DS - Scum

2x Double-Crossing Droid

1x The Hutt’s Menagerie

2x The Killing Cold

2x Vader’s Fist

1x Fearsome and Foul

1x Shadows on the Ice

Jonalf (11th seed)

LS - Jedi

2x Matter Under Mind

1x A Deep Commitment

2x Questionable Contacts

1x Preparation for Battle

DS - Navy

2x Enforced Loyalty (D)

2x Death and Despayre

2x Moon Blockade

1x The General’s Imperative

1x The Killing Cold

Haxxson (12th seed)

LS - Smuggler

2x Renegade Reinforcements

2x Spirit of Rebellion

2x Explosives Artist

DS - Navy

2x Death and Despayre

2x Endor Gambit

2x Sector Lockdown

2x Moon Blockade

1x Enforced Loyalty (D)

1x Lord Vader’s Command (D)

• PeterPan, jimmyc1972, sirivanhoe2 and 2 others like this

PeterPan

PeterPan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

First game PP/YM

PP wins withs LS destroying 3 objectives, no extra damage, Dial at 9, no damage

Edit:

2nd game

YM wins withs LS destroying 3 objectives, no extra damage, Dial at 9, 3 or 4 damage on 1 LS objective

3rd game

PP wins withs LS destroying 3 objectives, no extra damage, Dial at 9, no damage ( i think there is an error in the matrix - but, hum, I think that was another LCG i used to play ;) )

Edit 2:

4th game

PP wins with DS blowing up 2 objectives, no extra damage, so Dial at 12, no DS objective destroyed, but 3 damage on Hunt for Hans Olo (which was boosted by Jabbas Palace)

Thx 4 the games and the nice talk, Bill

Now I am waiting to get teared apart by Mick^^

• yodaman, TheNameWasTaken, MacRauri and 2 others like this

jollyroger

jollyroger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

jollyroger defeats Haxxson (3-0)

1st game jollyroger wins as dark side (12 points) with LS getting 2 damage on objectives and none blown up (1 point)

2nd game jollyroger wins as light side (12 points) with DS dial getting to 5 (5 points)

3rd game jollyroger wins as dark side (12 points) with LS getting 9 damage on objectives and none blown up (3 points)

• MacRauri and GregoryDub like this

kiramode

kiramode

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1881 posts
Kiramode 3-2(54) over JimmyC1972 2-3(47)

JimmyC1972 wins game 1 as DS losing 2 objectives and allowing 2 damage across objectives.

Kiramode wins game 2 as DS losing 2 objectives and allowing 0 damage across objectives.

Kiramode wins game 3 as LS with dial at 9.

JimmyC1972 wins game 4 as LS with dial at 9.

Kiramode wins game 5 as LS with dial at 6.
  • jimmyc1972, MacRauri and GregoryDub like this

PeterPan

PeterPan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

I have a question which came around during our first pairing:

If a unit is put into play as a (pilot-)enhancement, does Bounty-Listing trigger or not?

It would trigger if it is the unit put into play and it would not trigger if it is as an enhancement put into play.

We decided during play that it is an enhancement when put into play (so no trigger)

• GregoryDub likes this

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2818 posts

For anyone who's interested, here are the recordings of my Top Cut match against PeterPan.  Always fun playing him.  As a heads up some of the videos are long because we kept having to stop for various reasons and I just kept the recording going. 

Game 1 - 

Game 2 -

Game 3 - 

Game 4 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_yjIcWbaT0

• PeterPan and GregoryDub like this

jollyroger

jollyroger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

1st game between jollyroger (12) and TheNamewasTaken (8)

jollyroger (12) wins Dark Side with LS blowing up 2 objectives and no damage across others.

TNWT blew up 2 objectives, but both got replace with Hoth and Killing Cold was the third objective on the board. With a healthy amount of units to sacrifice, LS just couldn't get damage to stick. 

Only had time for one game, but more to follow later. 

• TheNameWasTaken, MacRauri and GregoryDub like this

DonovanM

DonovanM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
JonAlf and I finished our round 1 match today. It went to game 5 all Light Side wins. I think the DS had the dial at 6,10,7,9,7..

The last game was the most tense. One extra resource and JonAlf would have had the Devastator dial ticks to win.
  • MacRauri and GregoryDub like this

MacRauri

MacRauri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts

first game between MacRauri (12) and PeterPan (9)

I won with LS, dial at 9.  In the final turn there was no way for PeterPan to blow up 2 objectives.  Echo Base Defense had prevented enough unopposed earlier in the game and Battle of Hoth had removed some more.

I kept my starting hand which had Kyle Katarn and some good edge cards, but he played turn 1 Xizor so I decided to build with a Munitions Expert and a Speeder Tank, play Kyle next turn and try to take out Xizor.  But on his turn he hit my Preparation for Battle with Shadows and the Xizor trigger managed to pluck Kyle out of my hand!  Then he spammed Weequays.  He was also hitting all his resources.  Bounty Listing, Debt Collectors and Ugnaughts and eventually Jabba's Palace.  I got in some damage with a Wilderness Fighter which indicated he didn't feel confident in his edge hand.  The next turn I went in to pop the objective, but Mon Mothma and Wilderness Fighter were met with Xizor and a Weequay.  I won edge, but he hit my Wilderness Fighter with Carbonite Chamber Activation.  Fortunately, I had the money with Mon Mothma to pay for Bamboozle onto the Weequay and struck with the Wilderness Fighter for 3 guns into Xizor.

He didn't hit another main until Late in the game with Zuckuss, but far after it would have been useful with his Prince's Schemes.  I stalled for a couple turns as waves of tactics crashed into me, but a CCO helped me make a big play.  The next turn Kyle made a fun solo attack into a wall of all the guns, but after defenders were declared he got help from protection from the storm and started clearing a path.  It helped that I had 2 Renegade Squadron Mobilizations out and was drawing 2 cards whenever a DS unit left play.  Eventually Falcon and Echo Chambers also showed up.

In the end PeterPan was looking to attack to blow up two objectives and win the game, but he needed to do 9 damage and I think he only had 7 bombs to do so and I had a speeder tank--which was committed to the force but stripped of its icons from a containment field--available to defend.  He decided to hold it all back and I wound up attacking into a wall of 4 Z95 Headhunters the shielding Headhunter.  There were some possibilities for defense in the final turn, but I was able to get a Wilderness Fighter to jump out of the Falcon, unnabbed by the Z-95s, and I also had a Bamboozle in case my original Wilderness Fighter couldn't be joined by his brother.

It was a fun morning, a lot of back and forth.

We play our next games on Friday.

• PeterPan and GregoryDub like this

CoDameron

CoDameron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

CoDameron beats Kiramode in a 5 game all DS sweep. The light decks all put up fights, but they couldn't break through. DS walls are scary, but it turns out 501st troopers have bombs. Who knew?

MacRauri

MacRauri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts

game 2: MacRauri wins DS (12), LS had destroyed 2 objectives and 3 damage on board (9)

My DS deck came out with a strong start: Double-Crossing Droid, Lord Vader's Command and Death and Despayre into Control Room, Secret Information, Two Mouse Droids and 8T-88.  LS played a Falcon by double focusing Matter Under Mind and attacked into Double-Crossing Droid unopposed.  I answered by drawing more cards, playing a Bounty on Falcon and trying my luck by counter attacking.  LS was on 3 resources the next turn and I figured there was a window to force LS into an undesirable attack.  Unfortunately LS found a CCO and freed the Falcon up and attacked unopposed into my now open board destroying Double-Crossing Droid.

Eventually LS bounced Falcon back to hand and it didn't come out again for the rest of the game.  Brainiac was on the board chewing up my Mouse Droids.  By the end of the game Brainiac had killed about 5 units.  LS was also locking down most of my units with the CCO, Brainiac and Twi'lek Smuggler.  I had a big play with both Vader and Stalker hitting the board in the same turn.  Stalker's shield was useful for getting 8T-88 to shut down a Han waiting to attack in the background and Vader was good for pushing through bombs.

I was looking to end the game a turn earlier, attacking with Vader and Probe Droids, but Brainiac still had an action and used it to kill my Imperial Officer who was looking to bump the dial from 11 to 12.  LS had 1 turn left, but there was only 1 damage on board, 2 had been removed from Imperial Fist in the Vader attack.  At this point LS had control of the board, but couldn't play Falcon and Han had been tactics'd out in 8t88's final attack.  PeterPan played a bunch of little bombs, pushed for one completely undamaged objective, taking it with a Target of Opportunity.  He won an edge battle so he was able to draw a card, but it wasn't the 2nd target he needed.  Even so it wouldn't quite have been enough because I had an Imperial Suppression to stop the Cross Fire he needed to take the objective.

Close game.  If LS had seen its resources earlier it would have been different.

game 3: MacRauri wins LS (12) dial at 8 (8)

DS started strong with Masterful Manipulation into Xizor.  I started Renegade Squadron Mobilization, Prepare for Evacuation and Echo Base Defense.  My first turn I played a Guest Quarters, Echo Caverns, a Y-wing, Hoth Scout and passed.  2nd turn Bounty Listing came out along with Zuckuss.  I found my Falcon and started attacking.  In subsequent turns I put Speeder Tanks out to attack with the Falcon forcing uncomfortable blocks which DS largely let go unopposed.  One big boon in this game was that I had out Prepare for Evacuation so DS couldn't use Shadows (lest Xizor just get bounced back to hand) and between Echo Base Defense, Sub Zero Defenses, Prep for Evac AND Echo Caverns DS just never liked its attack option.  I kept attacking with a shielded Falcon.

Later in the game Kyle Katarn showed up along with a Munitions Expert and Kyle joined in with the Falcon and Speeder Tanks.  DS blocked with all the King's men and Kyle won the edge battle 4-4 (I bid a Battle of Hoth).  DS didn't have an good counter attack options, the dial was at 8 so they needed to still blow up 3 objectives anyway, so they sat and Kyle and the Falcon went in.  This time I lost edge, but between surprise shields and Echo Caverns I was able to push enough damage to blow up that objective winning back a Bamboozle.  Xizor ripped a card from my hand, but it wasn't the Bamboozle so Kyle freed himself up and took the 3rd objective.

Thanks PeterPan for the game and I look forward to meeting you in the summer!

• PeterPan, TheNameWasTaken and GregoryDub like this

jollyroger

jollyroger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

jollyroger (12) wins game 2 as Light Side vs. TheNamewasTaken with dial getting to 9.

Dark side was able to hold off early attacks by winning edge battles with plenty of heats. Killing Yoda 3 different times, but luckily Knowledge and Defense kept him coming to hand. But with the arrival of Brainiac the Emperor's Advisors were quickly dispatched and with not enough money to play something big like Palpatine or Devestator LS was eventually able to push through enough damage. 

jollyroger (12) wins game 3 as Dark side with TNWT blowing up one objective and no damage across remaining objectives

TNWT came out hard with Judder Page and a couple targets to blow up an objective on turn 1. But between Enforced Loyalty and Dark Time there was some damage being dealt weakening his objectives. Add in an early Moorsh Marraine, Stark, free Wampas and an Imperial Fist and the counterattack was pretty strong. 

Great games as always with TNWT.

MacRauri

MacRauri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts

MacRauri vs Jollyroger

Game 1: MacRauri (12) wins with LS, dial at 5

Game 2: JollyRoger (12) wins with LS, dial at 6

Game 3:  JollyRoger (12) wins with DS, LS destroyed 1 objective, 2 damage on board (5)

Game 4:  JollyRoger (12) wins with LS, dial at 4

great games, I'll try to do a write up later.

• GregoryDub likes this

sirivanhoe2

sirivanhoe2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Braniac wins 3-2 vs Sirivanhoe2 

Game 1: Sirivanhoe2 (12) wins with LS, dial at 6

Game 2: Braniac (12) wins with LS, dial at 6

Game 3: Sirivanhoe2 (12) wins with LS, dial at 5

It was 12-6  but a last turn nudge made it 12-5.

2 Krayt Dragon appearances so far. Comes in, takes an objective and then is put to sleep for the rest of the game.

Game 4: Braniac (12) wins with LS, dial at 9

Decisive play. Braniac has only 2 health left on Matter under Mind(would be 3rd objective gone, dial would tick to 12).

I make a decoy attack with Mithel to threaten to tactics down his only free unit R2-D2. He blocks with  R2. He wins edge with a well equipped so he now has a defender. Then uses grappling arm on R2 to take defence upgrade from my discard pile to give Matter under mind 5 health. Brilliant play which won the game and probably the match.

Game 5: Braniac 12-5 wins with DS, LS had 1 Objective taken and 2 damage on another. 

Captured my Lowrick on turn 2 with a containmment field and sprining the ambush. I had a turn where I couldn't play any units. The dragon was not to be denied this game and won with a spice visions:)

Great games Donovan. Thanks for getting up early to play our match. Pleasure to play you as always.

• DonovanM, jimmyc1972, MacRauri and 1 other like this

DonovanM

DonovanM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
Great games Ivan! It felt like they all could have gone either way, but especially the last two.
  • jimmyc1972, MacRauri, sirivanhoe2 and 1 other like this

MacRauri

MacRauri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts

MacRauri vs Brainiac

Game 1: MacRauri (12) wins with DS, yielding 1 objective and tons of 8 damage on board (7)

Turn 1 DS resource ramp into 8t-88.  Sabine came out with her armor along with an unhinged astromech droid.  Turn 2 Mithel and a Trandoshan showed up and I attacked with 8t-88 and Mithel bidding 2 allies to turn off Trust Me (Loyalty ping hit it end of his turn).  He played a Saboteur blowing up one of my monies.  Later on CP0 got the other.

Han and Brainiac both came out and started devastating the board.  At one point 3 astromechs got launched into Vader letting Brainiac ping him off the table.  LS was doing a good job of popping objectives in one go and not leaving damage lying around.  Things looked bad, but Bossk came out and nabbed Brainiac from the table.  With Brainiac gone I was able to safely play an Imperial Officer and with the dial at 8 took two objectives and use my 1 health unit to bump the dial to 12.

Game 2: Brainiac (12) wins with DS, yielding 1 objective and 5 damage on board (6)

Turn one saw Bib, an Ice Tromper and Underground Entertainment.  I played a Y-wing Escort and a Speeder tank and swung.  Bib blocked, we both twisted and I won edge.  struck with the Y-wing first and over tapped Bib.  Turn 2 saw Xizor hit the table.  Note: my objective flop was renegade squadron moblization, prepare for evacuation and echo base defense.  DS was not able to swing the way he wanted to until the final turn he had only gotten 1 objective damage to stick.  It was a long game.

I kept trying to get objective damage through with minor vehicles, but Xizor was a problem.  It's hard to attack with characters when DS has Underground Entertainment and Ice Trompers out.  My Wilderness Fighter did find a Shelter From the Storm, but I had to play it before declaring attackers and Xizor never engaged in any risky conflicts.  sent him Dragon to do his work for him.  Which my Wilderness Fighter heroically damaged and lived to tell the tale.  Until turns later when he was eaten by the Rancor.

We had an epic back and forth on low dot force struggles.  I kept trying to focus out Xizor to steal the force, but his spice addiction must keep him up at night.  Even when I did steal it back a containment field went up on my Speeder Tank the next turn, then it got captured and later Iggy-D showed up to kill the other speeder tank.  With the dial at 11 the Prince hatched a scheme to finally attack Hoth and went all in and took his first objective.

Game 3:  MacRauri (12) wins with DS, yielding one objective and 3 damage on board (5)

My flop is Double-Crossing Droid, Enforced Loyalty and Death and Despayre against his Trust Me, Matter Under Mind and Explosives Artist (which whiffs).  My starting hand has Control Room, Vader, Devastator, Bossk, Twi'lek Sycophant and Heat of Battle.  I draw into a Mouse Droid, double tap Death and Despayre for Control Room which I double tap for Vader.  Praying that I don't get my money blown up by Saboteurs and CP0.  He plays Brainiac with Sabine's Armor and an unhinged droid and attacks with Brainiac.  I don't block, he goes in with the Astromech and plays Well Equipped to unfocus Brainiac and take the Force...and kill a Mouse Droid.

My turn I'm on 3 money.  I luck out and draw into Yularen and fling the damage done to Enforced Loyalty back on Trust Me.  I also play Bounty on Brainiac.  Vader takes the Force back.  His turn he plays more droids and even paints one.  He declares an attack with a Droid which I feel obligated to block with Yularen.  He blows up the attacking droid and now I only have Vader to defend.  R2 attacks, Vader blocks but I have a Heat to take him out.  Brainiac lowers the numeral on Bounty, attacks and bids 2 dots to remove the Bounty.  But now he's focused.

My 3rd turn I get my money back and immediately ramp into more money.  Another Control Room and a Communications Officer which helps pay for a Storm Commando and Bossk.  Brainiac is off the board and my Storm Commando starts going in for free damage (his committed droids don't want to block).  With Brainiac off the table things stall out for LS.  He does find Lando, but Vader is able to make a big attack and bid two Imperial Fists, taking 2 objectives and putting a 3rd at 4 damage.  LS had a cheeky play to blow up all of my attacking units with Sabotage, but my last card in hand was Imperial Suppression which put it back to the top of his deck.   In what will certainly be his final turn, LS gets Han out and has enough bombs to take an objective and get some unopposed for a game point.

Game 4:  MacRauri (12) wins with DS, dial at 10 (10)

I get a triple Hoth flop with Renegade Squadron Mobilization, Prepare for Evacuation and Preparation for Battle.  DS sees Feeding the Pit, Hutt's Menagerie and Killing Cold.  I'm very tempted to go hard against Killing Cold.  He plays Zuckuss and a small unit to take the Force.  I play Echo Caverns, Subzero Defenses and a Speeder Tank which takes the Force.  Bib shows up and takes the force back playing Spring the Ambush on my Speeder Tank.  I play a Hoth Scout and Wilderness Fighter and go in hard with the Wilderness Fighter.  This becomes the theme of the game.  Me attacking each turn with my Wilderness Fighter.

That single Wilderness Fighter got protected my Shelter From the Storm Twice, took out a Rancor with a Shield in a single strike and had some fun with Bamboozle.  I felt like a boss killing the Rancor, but on one turn Brainiac just renewed his contract on the Black Sun Headhunter, focused Hutt's Menagerie to put Rancor back in hand and then payed 4 to replay Rancor.  You can only win edge battles so long...  or play so many shelter from the Storms.

Eventually the Rancor ate my Wilderness Fighter after I had taken 2 objectives and put 3 damage on a third--  Killing Cold also had some damage on it, but it was no longer a realistic target.  I didn't have any big hitting units and with Ice Tromper out and Underground Entertainment it was going to be hard to push through non vehicle attackers even if I drew into them.  Instead I found a protector Y-wing and attacked with it, 3 speeder tanks and a bunch of characters which could easily be dealt with.  Since Preparation for Battle was out all my Speeder Tanks had bombs, and with Echo Caverns I was able to move the Y-wing's bomb onto one of the Speeder Tanks and swing for 2.

Fun series.  I hope to check out the final!

• jimmyc1972 and GregoryDub like this

jollyroger

jollyroger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

jollyroger wins 3-1 vs. CoDameron for finals, I won't give away any spoilers so all can watch as they were recorded and posted by CoDameron

CoDameron wins game 1 as DS with LS taking 1 objective and 3 damage across others for 5 points

jollyroger wins game 2 as DS with LS taking 2 objectives and 3 damage across others for 9 points

jollyroger wins game 3 as LS with DS dial at 6

jollyroger wins game 4 as DS with DS blowing up one objective and 1 damage across others for 4 points

All of them great games!

• jimmyc1972, MacRauri and GregoryDub like this

MacRauri

MacRauri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Congratulations to Jollyroger, our new champion!  If you have time check out the final series, there are incredible plays where I don't think any of us would have ever thought of the cards being as being "good", and yet the moment was right for those cards to really shine.

Thanks to everyone for participating.  I aim to get the next Open Round up in June!

• yodaman, jimmyc1972 and GregoryDub like this