Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Plans to put Hidden Kingdoms in the database

* * * * * 2 votes hiddenkingdoms

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

fgerken

fgerken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

My Website also has a Deckbuilder for Warhammer: Invasion, with all cards available. If you have no problems with the fact that its focus is for the german community (some things are in german only), you are welcome to use it. Link is in the signature.

• Gigantis likes this

Tigerzzz

Tigerzzz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Thx for all your replies guys! It is heartwarming to see that WHI still has such an active community. But at the same time it saddens me that FFG discontinued its support for this title on cardgamedb. Lets keep this thread alive and hope it gets noticed! ^^

darkelfmage

darkelfmage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hey Guys

I was referred to this site by a Geekbuddi at www.boardgamegeek.com

are the WI data complete in this site or are you still lacking hidden kingdom cards ?

Sonja

Asmoridin

Asmoridin

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts

The Deckbuilder here is still missing Hidden Kingdoms. :(

• Gigantis likes this

Gigantis

Gigantis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

:wacko: 

Any chance of this ever being updated?

Skelton

Skelton

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2082 posts
It will happen. Eventually.

Tobogan

Tobogan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Still no Hidden Kingdoms,

Gigantis

Gigantis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

. . . . . waiting . . . . . 

• Zephyr likes this

Neits

Neits

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

idem here.

Please, just a simple answer and no more silent waiting !

PS : WH:I is just the best LCG FFG has ever made but, due to a poor management of organised play, we are in this sad situation...  :(

Skelton

Skelton

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2082 posts
I have spoken to Pipes today who is CGDB's admin and he tells me that people will be poked sometime today.

Hopefully this will be sorted very soon.

MightyToenail

MightyToenail

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1164 posts
Hopefully they make a second edition of this game, since I didn't get a chance to play it.

Ywingscum

Ywingscum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Hopefully they make a second edition of this game, since I didn't get a chance to play it.

I feel your pain, I too missed the boat on this one. I'm waiting to see if anything is said at worlds. But with warhammer quest coming out in not holding out much hope. If there is no announcement, I will probably pick up the old core set and couple deluxes just to play every once in a while.
  • alexbobspoons likes this

alexbobspoons

alexbobspoons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

I bought this game only this year. managed to pick up the complete set.

While I did miss the boat, the collection is a wonderful thing to own and I know I have enough cards for decks to suit any friends who may/will want to play in the coming years. Its an excellent thing to own.

There is still a lot of stock available and I am glad I got a full set before it dissapears completely.

From the look of forums, a few people still play via skype and such.

I hope they DONT do a second edition.... but what I DO hope is that they release ALL the old sets as POD (thus they reduce their printing investment) and then release occasional expansions at the slow rate of Call-Of-Cthulhu. This way, new players can get everything, old players can still use their old collections, and new/old players can still buy new stuff once or twice a year. That would be awesome!!!!!

MightyToenail

MightyToenail

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1164 posts

I hope they DONT do a second edition.... but what I DO hope is that they release ALL the old sets as POD (thus they reduce their printing investment) and then release occasional expansions at the slow rate of Call-Of-Cthulhu. This way, new players can get everything, old players can still use their old collections, and new/old players can still buy new stuff once or twice a year. That would be awesome!!!!!

Sounds good to me.

Tobogan

Tobogan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Actually, they announced the Only-Deluxe-Expansion model, just a while before they shut the game down. And that was a shame, there was no point in just killing the game, unless it is related with A) not wanting to spend time in organized game, or B) GW's reboot of the game. It will probably be the first, since Warhammer Quest is in the oven.

alexbobspoons

alexbobspoons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Actually, they announced the Only-Deluxe-Expansion model, just a while before they shut the game down. And that was a shame, there was no point in just killing the game, unless it is related with A) not wanting to spend time in organized game, or B) GW's reboot of the game. It will probably be the first, since Warhammer Quest is in the oven.

I see, I do think its a shame too.

I feel the neutral factions still have a lot to flesh out to meet the main factions and a couple of themed boxes as deluxe-only would really balance that out but I dont know if enough people would be there to buy it to make it FFG worthwhile. Id like to think so but who knows.

The daft reboot may have something to do with it but as you say, WQ seems unaffected (looking forward to that).

Now that the game is officially discontinued, it would actually be nice to get an idea from FFG as to the reason. Purely financial sales or something else?

Tobogan

Tobogan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Probably. The USA is not a Warhammer fantasy friendly place. The only place where sales stayed at a nice pace was Poland.

The great problem of the game was an unbalanced first cycle that made people lose interest in the game. Since then, playerbase stayed the same more or less and players were dropping steadily. The World's were almost desert with little players there (mostly because it didn't sell well in the USA, and travelling from Europe is really expensive, most of the distributors there (here) didn't even prize their players with the trip to the World's).

Even with a reboot I don't think people will trust the product although it became a balanced and deep game (and with the best resource producing mechanics to this date).

Regarding to the neutral factions, those were nice as supporting other "main" factions. The release of their capitol cities seemed like a patch, a swan's cry, a present for the loyal players, but was not really fitting, without any kind of loyalty symbols. And a bit unbalanced. Also the gray frames always looked horrible.

alexbobspoons

alexbobspoons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Probably. The USA is not a Warhammer fantasy friendly place. The only place where sales stayed at a nice pace was Poland.

The great problem of the game was an unbalanced first cycle that made people lose interest in the game. Since then, playerbase stayed the same more or less and players were dropping steadily. The World's were almost desert with little players there (mostly because it didn't sell well in the USA, and travelling from Europe is really expensive, most of the distributors there (here) didn't even prize their players with the trip to the World's).

Even with a reboot I don't think people will trust the product although it became a balanced and deep game (and with the best resource producing mechanics to this date).

Regarding to the neutral factions, those were nice as supporting other "main" factions. The release of their capitol cities seemed like a patch, a swan's cry, a present for the loyal players, but was not really fitting, without any kind of loyalty symbols. And a bit unbalanced. Also the gray frames always looked horrible.

Understood yes. To be honest I dont think Fantasy has been all that successful in the UK for quite a few years now, hence the GW reboot rubbish. Which is a shame (Soo many armies in my miniature collection).

I think reboots are a dodgy thing anyway. They can so easily alienate existing players who have pumped so much money into the game. I think a reboot is successful if A: The existing rules/game was knowingly flawed and B: There is a big media hype over the IP to keep people interested and also attract new players (GoT looks to qualify in both these aspects from what I have read).

Yes with neutral, when I completed and ordered all my collection a month or so back, I was surprised at how less filled out the neutrals were and the extra deluxe did seem to only provide the basic minimum needs to make them actually playable as independant factions, as you say, more of a sweetener to loyal players (even just one more deluxe for the neutrals would make a big difference I think, just to have choice over the legend in your deck etc.. or maybe some POD to cover extra legends or such).

I think WFB doesnt have the popularity for a rebot and despite being a WFB fan I wouldnt want to re-invest. So for me, its either done-finished or preferably one or two more deluxes, but I dont think that will happen sadly.

Tobogan

Tobogan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Also I didn't mention, Warhammer Invasion followed the trail of Warhammer Age of Reckoning, and that's why the core races were selected. EA closed WAR because of unpopularity, and W:I followed. concerning the popularity in the UK, yes, maybe it's not that big nowadays (in Spain either), but has a cult following in Poland. But not enough to keep W:I alive.

Who knows, if Age of Sigmar probes to be popular we could expect some kind of reboot, FFG still own the rights to make GW non-miniature board games. As long as the fantastic core mechanics are kept, I would be happy (even if it doens't follow the 30-years long lore I used to know)

MightyToenail

MightyToenail

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1164 posts

Understood yes. To be honest I dont think Fantasy has been all that successful in the UK for quite a few years now, hence the GW reboot rubbish. Which is a shame (Soo many armies in my miniature collection).

I think reboots are a dodgy thing anyway. They can so easily alienate existing players who have pumped so much money into the game. I think a reboot is successful if A: The existing rules/game was knowingly flawed and B: There is a big media hype over the IP to keep people interested and also attract new players (GoT looks to qualify in both these aspects from what I have read).

Yes with neutral, when I completed and ordered all my collection a month or so back, I was surprised at how less filled out the neutrals were and the extra deluxe did seem to only provide the basic minimum needs to make them actually playable as independant factions, as you say, more of a sweetener to loyal players (even just one more deluxe for the neutrals would make a big difference I think, just to have choice over the legend in your deck etc.. or maybe some POD to cover extra legends or such).

I think WFB doesnt have the popularity for a rebot and despite being a WFB fan I wouldnt want to re-invest. So for me, its either done-finished or preferably one or two more deluxes, but I dont think that will happen sadly.

In my opinion a reboot wouldn't cause problems with reinvestment. There is a large following for Conquest that would likely expand into invasion 2.0. There are also some mechanics that could be updated (power) that are more interesting. You could get 10 real factions out of the game. After the release of Conquest, 40k in general became highly popular. And Warhammer is an interesting world. Releasing an LCG would balance the choices of games for those interested in Warhammer. I myself don't care much for RPGs, seeing as the closest thing to an RPg that I play is Talisman.