Where do I find the Annals of Castle Black?
. The current version is brought to you by Istaril, assisted by the heroic efforts of Jason Wentworth (Coding), and Michael Henri Lamezec (Graphic Design).
What is (are?) The Annals?
The Annals of Castle Black is a repository for AGOT tournament information dating back to 1st edition (for old versions, see "History of the Annals" below). As a user, the Annals allows you to browse current and historical data for Thrones events throughout the world. These data can be very useful for analyzing the meta-game – player choices of decks and decktypes. As it is queryable, you can set custom parameters to 'define' the meta-game that interests you; do you only want to know the results of European tournaments? Only tournaments with a top 4 or larger cut? Only tournaments using the latest Chapter Pack?
However, this database is only useful if the data continue to be robust. This is entirely dependent on continued community participation in submitting tournament data. Please do your part to obtain and input data!
Articles based on data from The Annals:
History of the Annals:
- Will now pull in Jousting Pavillion's newer features, like region locations and latest CP, directly from TJP
- Can now pull ranking data from submissions to The Jousting Pavillion (for tournaments not run in TJP)
Sept 25th 2016:
- You can now import your tournament's data from The Jousting Pavillion, using the button on the "Add tournament" page.
Sept 18th 2016:
- Everything: Vastly improved responsiveness.
- Everything: Brand new look!
- Everything: Compatibility with Safari & Firefox
- Front Page: Now defaults to displaying only the last 3 months of data.
- Front Page: Pie charts now have an outer rim depicting agenda breakdown (for factions) or faction breakdown (For agendas).
- Front Page: Ability to break down faction graphs by agenda, or agenda graphs by faction (simply click on the slice of interest).
- Everything: Colours in graphs are now always consistently tied to factions/agendas.
- Front Page: QR is calculated differently (a log2 transformation). For more info, see "FAQ" below.
- Tournaments: More sort and filter features.
- Tournaments & Add Tournament: Ability to edit a submission within 3 days of its entry!
- Add Tournament: Better 'logic' checks to ensure against faulty submissions (e.g. more cut than participants, date format wrong)
- Add Tournament: Ability to use apostrophes. Seriously. This has been nagging at me for months. You can now use apostrophes in tournament names and player names. This one is for all of you with anglicized Irish surnames!
In order of priority, we're working on:
- A way to import standing/name/faction data from Tome (Agendas will still have to be manual) or The Jousting Pavilion
- An "about" page.
- A means to support donations for hosting costs.
- Personal stat tracking, by registering and 'tagging' yourself (optional) in tournaments you've attended. Note that whether these are displayed in public leaderboards or not will also be optional.
- Additional graph/leaderboard info.
- Making the Annals available on GitHub, so other programmers can work on/with it.
- Support for Melee tournaments.
1. Entering Data
2. Using Entered data: